This off season is gonna suck...big time...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, the Deb's are loving this. Congrats.
There are plenty of "positive" folks who are very aware of how AVERAGE this team is. And they were not a playoff level team.
That being said, I enjoyed the comeback win yesterday. And knowing that it probably pissed of a lot of people makes it even better.
Doom and gloomers got what they wanted. As if everyone HONESTLY thought this team was better than a 9 or 10 win team, max. :rolleyes:
Massive changes are needed. Will they happen? I doubt it.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Massive changes are indeed needed. This may be the most consequential off-season since 2013. Either Jody is proactive and makes wholesale changes, or she does nothing and we're stuck with a few more years of Purgatory.

Regarding Penix, I just saw a mock that had him going #8 to Atlanta. I think the only way we get him is to trade up with the Titans at #7. That missed field goal made the likelihood of that happening exponentially harder.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Waldron had the 11th ranked offense based on advanced metrics with the 5th worst offensive line. I don’t think he was the problem
This is where we agree to disagree because statistics are quite deceiving here. From what I saw was an offense that sputtered along, only averaged about 21 points per game in scoring, couldn't figure out how to maximize scoring tds in the red zone (speaks to the terrible execution and playcalling there). In my eyes, those aren't the marks of a good OC. Before anyone makes the excuse of the OL being terrible on Waldron's behalf, the last I checked that was the OC's responsibility too.

Ozzy

Reaction score
This is where we agree to disagree because statistics are quite deceiving here. From what I saw was an offense that sputtered along, only averaged about 21 points per game in scoring, couldn't figure out how to maximize scoring tds in the red zone (speaks to the terrible execution and playcalling there). In my eyes, those aren't the marks of a good OC. Before anyone makes the excuse of the OL being terrible on Waldron's behalf, the last I checked that was the OC's responsibility too.
We agree on more than we disagree honestly I just think it’s more nuanced than it’s all Waldrons fault.

Two games ago we had two easy touchdowns in the red zone and Geno didn’t pull the trigger. That’s not Waldrons fault and it’s happened before as well. That’s not to say it’s all Genos fault either.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I will take an opposing stance to the thread title. I see the upcoming off season as one that is pivotal and intriguing. We have a lot of holes to fill, limited cap space and draft capital, but also a loaded roster of players acquired in the last two drafts that should be developing into form.
I am in agreement that changes need to be made on both lined and those who coach them.
I like both Geno and Lock, but we gotta recover some cap so I'm ready to go with Lock and a new backup or draftee IF we can pick the right guy. Otherwise tread water til '25 to get our QBOTF.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Yes here is what Jerhawk would do in the alternate reality I get to lead our favorite team, representing .Net with pride:

#1. Fire Clint Hurtt. Buy him a bus ticket to Portland.
2. Cut Adams and Diggs.
3. Utilize free agency to sign a good offensive guard and center
4. Draft a stud linebacker and safety. Perhaps trade down into the 20 range if Penix isn't available. If Penix is available, take him at #16, then cut Geno.
5. Switch the D scheme back to 4-3. I believe Mafe, Nwosu and Hall would do better at D end.
Interesting conversation.

I agree for the most part and don't disagree on any points. Could I add 1 or 5?

1a. Consider a couple of IDL coming out in the draft. Especially if going back to 4-3
2a. Look into the possibilities of a DK trade , only because he's a luxury that could
Bring a lot of capital and or players..
3a. Restructuring Tyler Lockett. He should know what's coming.
4a. Effectively neuter Pete Carroll. He's done hiring and promoting underachievers.
He's 72 freaking years old . Take all the other distractions away and make him
Actually coach the defense. That's what he's good at ...right? Make sure he has
Zero input on personnel . Draft or free agency. That would be a " take it or leave it"
Scenario.
5a. Seattle might need to look into a offensive tackle. Maybe two. Cross got slapped
Around a bunch this season and is Lucas going to even be back?

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Waldron had the 11th ranked offense based on advanced metrics with the 5th worst offensive line. I don’t think he was the problem
I agree.
If the Hawks were to have just Lucas in all games, that would result in at least two more wins.
I'm kinda glad it's over this year. Tired of staying glued to the TV for 4 quarters.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
We agree on more than we disagree honestly I just think it’s more nuanced than it’s all Waldrons fault.

Two games ago we had two easy touchdowns in the red zone and Geno didn’t pull the trigger. That’s not Waldrons fault and it’s happened before as well. That’s not to say it’s all Genos fault either.
I didn’t like hiring Waldron as OC from the beginning. My bias on that might be influencing me to be putting too much of the blame on him. You do make a fair point that it’s not one person that’s solely at fault but a combination of things not working.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I didn’t like hiring Waldron as OC from the beginning. My bias on that might be influencing me to be putting too much of the blame on him. You do make a fair point that it’s not one person that’s solely at fault but a combination of things not working.
And like I said we probably agree more than we disagree overall and Waldron has been far from perfect for sure.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Yep, the Deb's are loving this. Congrats.
There are plenty of "positive" folks who are very aware of how AVERAGE this team is. And they were not a playoff level team.
That being said, I enjoyed the comeback win yesterday. And knowing that it probably pissed of a lot of people makes it even better.
Doom and gloomers got what they wanted. As if everyone HONESTLY thought this team was better than a 9 or 10 win team, max. :rolleyes:
Massive changes are needed. Will they happen? I doubt it.

Soul, I don't completely understand your post. It seems your angry at some fans that didn't share your positivity, but yet even you admit that MASSIVE changes are needed. Don't you think the fans that don't share your positivity are aware of the changes needed and that's why they feel the way they do? As a supposed 'Doom and Gloomer' as you put it, no we didn't get what we wanted. Pete Carroll is still the head coach and as such, those massive changes we both agree about aren't coming anytime soon. A change of coordinators isn't going to fix any of the issues. We've been down that road several times already before and the same problems persist. Replacing the head coach is the massive change that needs to happen.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not all. Just making an observation that it seems like some people are happy that they either win and/or missed the playoffs. Just odd, to ME.

Changes yes, but I think Pete stays another year. Sigh
This team needs a LOT of new. Pete is a damn good salesman, clearly. I suspect he'll feed his same old line to Jody and she'll buy in.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you caught the Pete show at 9:30am today but I can imagine those who did must have blown a few gaskets listening to his rainbow and lolipops platitudes.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It was the same old same old crap we've heard for years.
He said this team was better and we're Super Bowl worthy. I almost shot coffee out of me nose.

Weadoption

Reaction score
watching the 49ers Death Star blow up would be something to look forward too.
I personally don’t want that, but could certainly see how the glow of those flaming little bits floating down would be a good
vibe.

James in PA

Reaction score
I don't know how many of you caught the Pete show at 9:30am today but I can imagine those who did must have blown a few gaskets listening to his rainbow and lolipops platitudes.
Did he have his feet propped up again, like he doesn't have a care in the world?