There It Is

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Timeouts regularly happen in high leverage situations. Hoarding them solely for possible end-game clock management is not always a good thing.

I just don't understand where this attitude with timeouts came from. Madden?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm sure the handwringing is coming over that one too, but it's way way more important to make sure they get right on this 3rd and goal than it is to hold onto them for a maybe-situation that the end.

getnasty

Reaction score
I will never understand why people want to just pathologically hoard them. It doesn't make sense when you think about it, and it isn't what coaches across the NFL always do.
Plus it's the biggest play of the game you want to get it right.

OP
OP
DYLcurry59

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Timeouts regularly happen in high leverage situations. Hoarding them solely for possible end-game clock management is not always a good thing.

For years they've always taken them in situations where they're not prepared - and it just clearly shows Pete's in-game coaching sucks.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
For years they've always taken them in situations where they're not prepared - and it just clearly shows Pete's in-game coaching sucks.
According to what?

People wanting timeouts at the ass end of the game?

Don't see anyone complaining about ending the game with unused timeouts, which I'd argue is more inefficient than using them preceding the highest-leverage plays in the game.

NJlargent

Reaction score
The rams can and will get in FG range and run the clock down to 1 second and win by 3. That's why you don't burn early TOs

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Depends.....if they are full, timeout. if they are empty...Depends.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The rams can and will get in FG range and run the clock down to 1 second and win by 3. That's why you don't burn early TOs
If they're going to march downfield like that anyway, they're in enough control to run it out anyway

OP
OP
DYLcurry59

DYLcurry59

Reaction score

Those timeouts would come in handy now, wouldn't they?

Latest posts