The San Diego Road Trip Thread updated (9/10)

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
GREEN if you want to stand out. OK, I guess you have to be a fan in 2009 to have a green jersey, but whateverz. If you want to roast your ass off in a dark blue, go for it.

Bprez3

Reaction score
The preseason games are always littered with 12's. I cannot wait to see how many of us are going to be there and how loud we are going to be at Qualcomm. I live in SD and will be taking the trolley to the game. From what I see P2 is the place to be for the tailgate.

I Look forward to seeing us turning the "Q" into CenturyLink South. It has been a long time since the Hawks have been down here for a game that actually counts.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to be completely lost when I get there. Ross and Seahawkfan80 I need your cell numbers to hook up...

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I've always wanted to say this.

Aros, please check your P.M.'s top right where it says messages.

:les:

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I've been representing in San Diego since 1985. What a beautiful sight the Q will be this Sunday! My wife and I are going, but I need to know what sections will be holding the Seahawk masses. Still plenty of tickets available (as there always is for Charger home games) I don't want to end up with any of the hundreds of Charger fans that might show up.

Plaza level mobs anyone?

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":3hhdagz1 said:
I've been representing in San Diego since 1985. What a beautiful sight the Q will be this Sunday! My wife and I are going, but I need to know what sections will be holding the Seahawk masses. Still plenty of tickets available (as there always is for Charger home games) I don't want to end up with any of the hundreds of Charger fans that might show up.

Plaza level mobs anyone?

What the hell are you talking about...this game sold out weeks ago?

http://www.chargers.com/news/articl...Sold-Out/abd89a43-0370-4c84-968a-0d0e399ec6ea

Unless of course you're referring to ticket availability on secondary sites (al a stubhub,etc.)

But still....The home openers usually sell out every year....,you sure you haven't been attending Padre games by mistake?

NinjaHawk38

Reaction score
We'll be sitting Plaza 29 in the Shade! So those that are going wear plenty of sunscreen, a hat, and shades it's been really hot here the past couple of weeks. And the sun hits the visitors side ALL game long. Prepare to stay cool. GO HAWKS !!!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
NinjaHawk38":3rgmxe4y said:
We'll be sitting Plaza 29 in the Shade! So those that are going wear plenty of sunscreen, a hat, and shades it's been really hot here the past couple of weeks. And the sun hits the visitors side ALL game long. Prepare to stay cool. GO HAWKS !!!

Thanks Ninja...EXACTLY what I NEEDED to hear. I shall only wear one layer of clothing then. NOt 2 or 3 like I was thinking. LOL Tis cold in them thare mountains when hunting.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":3ri50741 said:
SoCalSeahawk":3ri50741 said:

Plaza level mobs anyone?

What the hell are you talking about...this game sold out weeks ago?

http://www.chargers.com/news/articl...Sold-Out/abd89a43-0370-4c84-968a-0d0e399ec6ea

Unless of course you're referring to ticket availability on secondary sites (al a stubhub,etc.)

But still....The home openers usually sell out every year....,you sure you haven't been attending Padre games by mistake?

Reread the post bro. I didn't say the game wasn't sold out, I said there were plenty of tickets available (as usual). You know, the whole demographics thing of San Diego County...there is a local market demand for just about every NFL team...ticket brokers meeting the market demands...you know, that thing.

I wouldn't take free tickets to a Padres game. I just don't dig baseball.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
OK....This is the best map I can find for the parking lot. You can see section P2 is near the front of the stadium. There will be 4 party busses full of Hawk fans there. I will not be on the bus, but my wife and I will be there.

CGG1p9m

Vetamur

Reaction score
Largent80":kf8ek7b3 said:
OK....This is the best map I can find for the parking lot. You can see section P2 is near the front of the stadium. There will be 4 party busses full of Hawk fans there. I will not be on the bus, but my wife and I will be there.

CGG1p9m

Thanks for the map, that helps. We should probably assign an area to Cedric so people can get their tickets easily. Or..?

Todd, sent you a pm with your hotel details and my contact details.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Vetamur":ufyuk6ni said:
Largent80":ufyuk6ni said:

CGG1p9m

Thanks for the map, that helps. We should probably assign an area to Cedric so people can get their tickets easily. Or..?

Is Access to P2 easy to find? Would be nice if someone familiar with the stadium/lots could let us know if access to that area must be gained in a particular way. I'll be coming from the trolley so I know it would be nice to have a "when you get off the trolley, do x,y and z."

If it's too much, I understand. Just a little nervous about not getting tickets that I have already paid $540 for and planning an entire trip around.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Laloosh":bj14lysb said:
Vetamur":bj14lysb said:
Largent80":bj14lysb said:

CGG1p9m

Is Access to P2 easy to find? Would be nice if someone familiar with the stadium/lots could let us know if access to that area must be gained in a particular way. I'll be coming from the trolley so I know it would be nice to have a "when you get off the trolley, do x,y and z."

If it's too much, I understand. Just a little nervous about not getting tickets that I have already paid $540 for and planning an entire trip around.

Im the same Laloosh..trying to play it cool and all but Im a control freak at heart and am dying to just scream "so how do I get my tickets??" lol

But, it is the bus parking lot. Cant be that hard to find. Im most likely heading over by trolley as well, looks like just exit the trolley station and veer off to the right. My rational brain thinks its pretty straight forward. My control freak brain on the other hand...

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Don't worry guys. p2 is easy to find, HUGE lot right by the scoreboard entrance. Ced is a good dude. I'll text him about your ticket concerns, but relax.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
To anyone that ordered tickets through the provided links in this thread...sorry to inform you........J/K

I just texted Cedric about all the concerns and he assured me. He has the tickets either at the takeover bar (Whiskey Girl in the Gas Lamp district) on Saturday OR, you can pick them up at the section P2 (bus parking area) right outside the scoreboard side of the stadium on Sunday.

Don't Worry, it is all taken care of my fellow 12's....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rastahawk

Reaction score
Largent80":28am01kf said:
I am parking my car west of the stadium and taking the trolley in for $2. Parking is minimum $25 and you have to deal with the quagmire of 19,000 cars exiting, nope, doin it the easy way. We then have to drive all the way to L.A. which will be easier with the Hawk win.

Just a heads up, it is going to be HOT, like 90+, bring a hat, sunscreen and water. I'm wearin GREEN, not dark blue.

Hmmm that sounds like a good idea! I think I will try that. Last time I was at Qualcomm it took me an hour just to get out of the stadium!

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
rastahawk":1slghm0l said:
Largent80":1slghm0l said:
I am parking my car west of the stadium and taking the trolley in for $2. Parking is minimum $25 and you have to deal with the quagmire of 19,000 cars exiting, nope, doin it the easy way. We then have to drive all the way to L.A. which will be easier with the Hawk win.

Just a heads up, it is going to be HOT, like 90+, bring a hat, sunscreen and water. I'm wearin GREEN, not dark blue.

Hmmm that sounds like a good idea! I think I will try that. Last time I was at Qualcomm it took me an hour just to get out of the stadium!

Parking at Alvarado st station(free parking) and $5 round trip. Taking the 15 back to L.A. forget the 405 unless you want a 6 hour commute.

SingleSadie

Reaction score
What is the name of the station you are planning to park at? I was planning to park close to a station and taking the trolley to the stadium as well. I'm coming directly from the airport and would like to know which station would have good parking and is convenient and safe. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Latest posts