The Qatar World Cup Will Be Held In The Winter

Seabhac

Reaction score
I see Wegner was in there saying its a great idea to have it in Nov/Dec. He hasn't had a winter break in 20 years. He always is moaning on about it.

cdallan

Reaction score
If nothing else happens soon, I am going to write to FIFA explaining that I am not going to watch their Qatar tournament, and will start an immediate boycott of all their sponsors. Then I will write to their sponsors. Then I willput copies of my letters on the Internet and ask everyone else to do the same.

This is a corruption/human rights issue. Let's not just tut then shrug our shoulders.

cdallan

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3lzrh6b1 said:
cdallan":3lzrh6b1 said:
If nothing else happens soon, I am going to write to FIFA explaining that I am not going to watch their Qatar tournament, and will start an immediate boycott of all their sponsors. Then I will write to their sponsors. Then I willput copies of my letters on the Internet and ask everyone else to do the same.

This is a corruption/human rights issue. Let's not just tut then shrug our shoulders.

I agree with you, Bernie from Rab C Nesbitt. Let's get tore into the bastards!

F--- aye. I will be appealing globally for "hauners".

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":35urmv7n said:
cdallan":35urmv7n said:
What is it with you guys and bins?

You take the lid and rattle it on the ground....

Try tying two together and placing them on opposite sides of the street.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1pxiub7f said:
Trenchbroom":1pxiub7f said:
BBC News last night indicated that the leagues will have to shut down and that they will demand some compensation for lost revenue/hassle of having to change their schedules.

Good. FIFA are so covered in dirty money they should have their headquarters in Washington DC. I think they could even teach our politicians a thing or two!
FIFA's already stated they won't provide any compensation to teams or leagues for the inconvenience, stating that they have seven years to figure it out.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... -in-qatar/
Valcke also said there will be no compensation paid to club teams for the inconvenience of rescheduling the 2022 World Cup, nor will there be an apology from FIFA.

“There will be no compensation,” Valcke said. “We are doing nothing which destroys football. There is seven years to reorganize football around the world for this World Cup.”
So, after stating as recently as last month that they would provide no additional compensation to clubs for releasing their players for a winter World Cup, FIFA has decided to triple the compensation they give to clubs in 2018 & 2022.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... orld-cups/

Uncle Si

Reaction score
They are already compensating clubs. This is just an increase.