The pro bowl games flag football uniforms

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I don’t think there should be any special Ones. Put the players in their own team jerseys with their flags signifying whether they’re afc or nfc. Its no contact So this is a chance to see players faces without helmets as they’re playing. But as it’s 7 on 7 we won’t see anyone on O line or decline presumably.

Second, they should make The rest of the comp a golf game.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl has been a joke for years now, maybe decades. I used to watch it religiously back in the 80s, keeping a sharp eagle eye out for Seahawks, waiting for them to get playing time, etc. Back when they actually played a real, genuine tackle football game at the Pro Bowl.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
It is, but the League going flag Is frankly good for the sport. It’s not a joke like dodgeball, kick tac toe or water balloons.

The Golf thing on top of it would also gain more money.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl turning into a flag football game is ridiculous nobody is going to watch. Might as well make the game shirts vs skins with the player’s wearing shorts and flip flops and required to have a drink in one hand to make things more interesting

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl turning into a flag football game is ridiculous nobody is going to watch. Might as well make the game shirts vs skins with the player’s wearing shorts and flip flops and required to have a drink in one hand to make things more interesting

Flag football is rumored to become an Olympic sport soon. Dodgeball and water balloon tossing are not.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
We are far removed from back when Easley laid out Montana in the Pro-bowl. When a reporter commented to #45 " this is supposed to be kind of a friendly, fun game" Easley quickly said "Then they invited the wrong mother (etc)".

And still my favorite player of all time.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl has been a joke for years now, maybe decades. I used to watch it religiously back in the 80s, keeping a sharp eagle eye out for Seahawks, waiting for them to get playing time, etc. Back when they actually played a real, genuine tackle football game at the Pro Bowl.

The thing is that those games increased the risk of injury to top players in a way that didn't increase the chance of their teams succeeding. I'm actually kind of surprised the owners and front offices haven't been as publicly disinterested in having their players (investments) take those no-benefit-to-the-team risks as the players themselves have been.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The thing is that those games increased the risk of injury to top players in a way that didn't increase the chance of their teams succeeding. I'm actually kind of surprised the owners and front offices haven't been as publicly disinterested in having their players (investments) take those no-benefit-to-the-team risks as the players themselves have been.
You can blow your knee out just playing flag..I'm not sure when football
was supposed to be safe..They get hurt way more than any other era
It's silly the more you try to avoid getting hurt,the more soft you get and
more injuries happen.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
LOLOLOL Back when I was about 10 years old, My brother (5 years my senior) would tackle me HARD and then pull out the flag from my belt...That kind of "Flag Football"??

Somos doces

Reaction score
Agreed. I'm curious whether the Pro Bowl will eventually — sooner, rather than later — essentially consist of a video of highlight plays and stats presented for each player selected, rather than those players being subjected to potential injury by participating in a mano-a-mano physical matchup, be it flag or tackle.

In my opinion, this approach, combined with a relatively low-risk individual skills competition, would be the ideal way to recognize a season's top performers and allow them to showcase their unique abilities, while minimizing the possibility they could suffer bodily damage that could jeopardize their football future.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
You can blow your knee out just playing flag.

Remember this freak injury to the Patriots great rookie? He never played football again. Poor Coach Carroll. Maybe that eventually helped lead to him getting fired. Imagine that. This one freak injury in the sand on the beach in February of 1999 could have set in motion a chain of events that eventually led to the Seahawks winning the Super Bowl in February of 2014.

https://apnews.com/article/bfb2f458404f263977bf079583085373

HONOLULU (AP) - Robert Edwards, who rushed for 1,115 yards this season for the New England Patriots, injured his left leg Friday during a flag football game for NFL rookies on the beach at Waikiki.

Edwards appeared to hurt his left knee when he came down in a heap after trying to break up a pass in the five-player per side game. The severity of the injury was not immediately known, but Edwards was taken away by ambulance.

"We are still collecting information as to the specifics and the extent of the injury," Patriots coach Pete Carroll said in a statement. "Obviously, we are very concerned about Robert. We are anxious to bring him back to New England so our doctors can evaluate him and prepare him to begin his rehabilitation process."

Last edited:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Remember this freak injury to the Patriots great rookie? He never played football again. Poor Coach Carroll. Maybe that eventually helped lead to him getting fired. Imagine that. This one freak injury in the sand on the beach in February of 1999 could have set in motion a chain of events that eventually led to the Seahawks winning the Super Bowl in February of 2014.

https://apnews.com/article/bfb2f458404f263977bf079583085373

HONOLULU (AP) _ Robert Edwards, who rushed for 1,115 yards this season for the New England Patriots, injured his left leg Friday during a flag football game for NFL rookies on the beach at Waikiki.

Edwards appeared to hurt his left knee when he came down in a heap after trying to break up a pass in the five-player per side game. The severity of the injury was not immediately known, but Edwards was taken away by ambulance.

"We are still collecting information as to the specifics and the extent of the injury," Patriots coach Pete Carroll said in a statement. "Obviously, we are very concerned about Robert. We are anxious to bring him back to New England so our doctors can evaluate him and prepare him to begin his rehabilitation process."
That crossed my mind but I couldn't remember who it was.
The point is made with this though,you might as well have a madden tournament.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Ok, then what about dodgeball or those other contests? Someone could blow out their knee or back playing any sport, including soccer.

The nfl is afraid there won’t be any 7 year old boys playing football.

knownone

Reaction score
I still think the key to saving the pro bowl is letting defensive tackles compete in every skill position drill. Everyone knows Patrick Mahomes can hit a bullseye 50 yards away. But what about Dexter Lawrence?

This might be the only thing I'd tune in to see.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The pro bowl promotions are absolutely clueless. Sitting through carnival games? Dodgeball? Water balloon toss? Theres a whole day and a half of this.

The flag football games themselves deserve more talking about. They’re 7 on 7 so entire position groups will be left out or required to sub in on hilariously different positions. What are o linemen supposed to do, be wide receivers? Are there even kickoffs in 7 on 7? Extra points? What role then does Justin Tucker play? Much to observe Around player versatility. Plus, ya got a lot more parents of 6 and 7 year olds who would like to ease their kids into football. Many nfl recruits started playing at about that age.

But the rest of it? Get outta here.

Look, I don’t even watch golf that much but there are entire channels on standard cable devoted to it. Make the first day a nfc afc golf tourney with rotating players. I don’t know if Geno Smith or Trevor Lawrence is the better golfer, but it’d be amusing to see. Far more than grown men doing water balloon tosses.

Latest posts