the nfc west blog

theseahawkguy

Reaction score
seems to have a love affair with the 9ers who suck. Do they not know seattle cannot be beat at home by any team which includes them too?

Polaris

Reaction score
theseahawkguy":3p5pqjcf said:
seems to have a love affair with the 9ers who suck. Do they not know seattle cannot be beat at home by any team which includes them too?

I can't stand it either. Part of it is that the Niners played and won today, and that makes them 'flavor de jour' while the Hawks are "out of sight" and thus "out of mind". I also think a lot in the media can't do simple mathematic analysis and thus grossly overestiminate the improvement of the Niner offense with Crabtree back. To be sure, it has improved and improved significantly, but if you look at the advanced analytics, Seattle is still a much better team.

I note that a lot of the media go ga-ga over the fact that the Niners beat Seattle and think that now the Niners are better....forgetting it was only by 2 points at the very end of the game played IN San Fran.

If it comes to that, the media will get a very rude reminder I'm sure. If it comes to that....and I don't think it will thanks to the Panthers.

49ers

Reaction score
theseahawkguy":3c6c3vz1 said:
.......... Cardinals?

Polaris

Reaction score
49ers":lok5cwpc said:
theseahawkguy":lok5cwpc said:
.......... Cardinals?

Any Given Sunday......and I'd point out that the Cardinals played out of their mind defense that day. When Palmer throws four picks, you can be 99%+ sure his team will lose. I think subsequent events have shown that the game was not indicative of anything other than Seattle having a bad day and the Cards having a stellar one.

I point out that your niners "couged" a 17-0 lead to the same team, and very nearly lost that game.

49ers

Reaction score
Polaris":83whww1o said:
49ers":83whww1o said:
theseahawkguy":83whww1o said:
.......... Cardinals?

Any Given Sunday......and I'd point out that the Cardinals played out of their mind defense that day. When Palmer throws four picks, you can be 99%+ sure his team will lose. I think subsequent events have shown that the game was not indicative of anything other than Seattle having a bad day and the Cards having a stellar one.

I point out that your niners "couged" a 17-0 lead to the same team, and very nearly lost that game.
I don't care what has happened in the past or who beat what, using it as a predictor of the future, or whatever you think I'm doing.

I was only pointing out the fact that he said Seattle "cannot be beat", yet it happened only 2 weeks ago, so he's obviously wrong. Every team can beat every team. All 8 teams left are legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
can we get the 49er troll banned already? his intentions here are pretty clear. May as well pee on this fire before it gets started.

Polaris

Reaction score
49ers":1x1cioih said:
Polaris":1x1cioih said:
49ers":1x1cioih said:
theseahawkguy":1x1cioih said:
.......... Cardinals?

I don't care what has happened in the past or who beat what, using it as a predictor of the future, or whatever you think I'm doing.

I was only pointing out the fact that he said Seattle "cannot be beat", yet it happened only 2 weeks ago, so he's obviously wrong. Every team can beat every team. All 8 teams left are legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

What I am pointing out is that while "Any Given Sunday" exists, some things are a lot more likelier than others, and the fact is baring extraordinary cases, Seattle doesn't lose at home and hasn't for years.

Considering we are now in the playoffs and Seattle hasn't lost a home playoff game since 2004, I would bet against any team that had to face Seattle in Seattle including the Niners.

Edit PS: Technically since the 2004 playoffs which I suppose is technically early 2005, but I think I've made my point.

OP
OP
T

theseahawkguy

Reaction score
its pathetic that the media thinks what his name is a good qb. He stinks take away his first and second read he becomes tim tebow.

rpmischris

Reaction score
49ers":3issuhmj said:
Polaris":3issuhmj said:
49ers":3issuhmj said:
theseahawkguy":3issuhmj said:
.......... Cardinals?

The chargers probably aren't super bowl contenders

paramedic586

Reaction score
Why is it whenever a 49er fan posts on here they are labeled as trolls and people want them banned?

rpmischris

Reaction score
Hawknballs":yxg78s7h said:
can we get the 49er troll banned already? his intentions here are pretty clear. May as well pee on this fire before it gets started.

Il 340x270458656848 tuld

Its because this one in particular is trying to make somewhat logical conversations with us and we do not know how to respond. So we must ban the troll :evil: lol

paramedic586

Reaction score
theseahawkguy":2w743qzm said:
its pathetic that the media thinks what his name is a good qb. He stinks take away his first and second read he becomes tim tebow.

You might want to compare all stats this season with RW. Very close statistically.

paramedic586

Reaction score
rpmischris":1d2jq2pc said:
Hawknballs":1d2jq2pc said:

Il 340x270458656848 tuld

Its because this one in particular is trying to make somewhat logical conversations with us and we do not know how to respond. So we must ban the troll :evil: lol

That is a funny pic

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Hawknballs":lvcgbny8 said:
Except he's right. I'm not a big fan of hyperbole, and it is silly to say the Seahawks cannot be beaten in Seattle two weeks after it happened.

amill87

Reaction score
49ers":s11hpc2b said:

Colts, Chargers, and Saints (sorry cool saint fans) aren't super bowl contenders. Could they lucky and knock a better team off? Sure, playoffs are crazy but IMO no way any of those three win the super bowl or even make it to the super bowl

And yeah, the Niner trolls can get bad around here but this response is not out of line.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
49ers":cnmdhpks said:
theseahawkguy":cnmdhpks said:
.......... Cardinals?

I wonder what it must be like to be a fan of a rival team (say for argument's sake, the 49ers) and hang out in the other team's fan forum (say for argument's sake, Seahawks.NET) after your team won?

Hmm. Never tried it before. Different strokes I guess.

49ers

Reaction score
amill87":1knq63a0 said:
And yeah, the Niner trolls can get bad around here but this response is not out of line.
And if someone took the time to actually read my responses, you'd see that I have said several times that the Seahawks are better than the 49ers, and THE team to beat in the NFC, if not the NFL.

I'm a realist, not a troll. Besides, you guys seem to be smarter and more with-it than the idiots I hang out with on the 49ers.com forums. So many band-wagon fans..... they have no clue what they're talking about.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry, I did bunch you in with the average 49er fan. That's on me. As penance, I shall admit that I actually like two players on the 49ers. Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis. Both are fantastic players who have been respectful if not complimentary towards the Seahawks in the past.

There. That's the best I can do. ;)

49ers

Reaction score
Aros":242853iv said:
Sorry, I did bunch you in with the average 49er fan. That's on me. As penance, I shall admit that I actually like two players on the 49ers. Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis. Both are fantastic players who have been respectful if not complimentary towards the Seahawks in the past.

There. That's the best I can do. ;)
That's cool, I deserved it. I know what I'm getting into here. I've been a long-timer lurker, and after observing some great conversations and well-thought out posts, I decided to join. I'll probably disappear before/after 49er games for the obvious reasons. :p

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Don't worry, I won't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I'll remember you as being one of the anomalies. (i.e. "cool 49ers fan"). :)