The new sheriff fooled all of us..OK!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Would be funny if Pete came out and said yeah we weren't trying either. In fact we wanted to lose to stay away from Fedex field. After all it wasn't our home field and fans that would be getting screwed for paying to see our team win. But alas that team is really bad. Try as we might we couldn't play down to thier level.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":14ehhz7t said:
Why can't he just say... "they got us this time. Hopefully we will see them again soon down the road"
Because supposedly they "weren't trying" to win according to Arians , the self proclaimed "new sheriff in town"...LOLOL!!!!

Polaris

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1b06aaf7 said:
Why can't he just say... "they got us this time. Hopefully we will see them again soon down the road"

As was just said, it's because the Cardinals are the "new Sheriff" in the NFC West and they don't get 'had' by anyone, especially Seattle. If you doubt me, just ask them.

Thus, it's obvious they were mailing it in because it didn't matter. There is simply no way Seattle can beat the "real" Arizona Super-Duper Cardinal team. :pukeface:

ava

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2hv9wzyx said:
ava":2hv9wzyx said:
Ace_Rimmer":2hv9wzyx said:
Ambrose83":2hv9wzyx said:
he was sure red as can be in the face for a game he did not care about..... odd

What about his "no risk it, no biscuit" line that he lives by? They got shown up in their house and now he is deflecting.

The "no risk it, no biscuit" refers to "going long". My husband has fits whenever the Cards are facing 3 and short and BA calls a long bomb! I mean he has a coronary. He will sarcastically say "Oh look they are 3 and short what is BA going to do"? and I dutifully say "air it out"? It is an ongoing joke.

HA! Your husband sounds like a real cut-up!

Truth is (and it pains me to say this) he spent his formative years in Dallas..sooooo..you see where I am going with this? He would never say out loud that he favors the Cowboys but I know. I see the glint in his eye when he watches their games. gag.

ava

Reaction score
Laloosh":1zhlfkyw said:
ava":1zhlfkyw said:
Laloosh":1zhlfkyw said:
Ava, you're clearly too thoughtful and intelligent to be a Cards fan. Come into the fold, sweetheart. Our coach also doesn't try to go by the same nickname as a famous television series character.

You sound like some of my Oregon friends. I already have one toe over the line and they tease me all of time that I should just dump the Cards and join the real fan base with a real team worth rooting for! I do like PC. He should lose the gum though! He has only irritated me one time. I will probably get all of the facts wrong, but as I recall, it was his presser about the "Fail Mary". He went on t.v. and claimed the pass to Golden Tate (I think it was him) was legit. I guess he was just backing his player but I thought he should have said something along the lines of "sometimes the calls break your way and sometimes they don't". Even though PC is very attractive (something you guys have probably never noticed or thought or even cared about) BA has a little something sexy going on too...back head fat and all! I would have included barf bags for you guys if possible or maybe I should have prefaced this post with a warning that a barf bag might be needed before reading on...you know, give a guy a warning. :stirthepot:

Alright, I don't even care if you stay a Cards fan at this point. Just don't leave. You're a keeper, Ava.

Also, barf bag warning would have been nice. That was funny though.

I am having fun here. It is hilarious and I love the bravado when the Hawks are doing well and the straight talk and tantrums when they are not fairing as well. When asked by friends why I was posting here I tried to explain. Yes I have a soft spot for the Hawks but it is more than that. I post at a Cardinal forum too but it can be boring. It is spicy here.

ava

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":12iisl77 said:

To be fair, many of the players have expressed that very thought. I have read statements a long the lines of "we were out played" period. No excuses. It is lame to make excuses. I don't approve of BA making excuses. It is admirable to respond as you suggest. You can respect that.

sam1313

Reaction score
“This was a valuable lesson,” Arians said. “You could see it coming all week. I think coaches, players, everybody fell into that reading the press-clippings thing, anointing us Super Bowl champs. This was a nice wake-up call.

“You’d like to go in with a 10-game winning streak but sometimes getting the hell beat out of you is better.”

http://arizonasports.com/story/508879/c ... e-a-thing/

Ya, everyone plans to get the "hell beat out" of them. what a joke.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
sam1313":nib6wrym said:
“This was a valuable lesson,” Arians said. “You could see it coming all week. I think coaches, players, everybody fell into that reading the press-clippings thing, anointing us Super Bowl champs. This was a nice wake-up call.

“You’d like to go in with a 10-game winning streak but sometimes getting the hell beat out of you is better.”

http://arizonasports.com/story/508879/c ... e-a-thing/

Ya, everyone plans to get the "hell beat out" of them. what a joke.

Aesop smiled.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Arians.... what was the point of starting a fragile QB with an injured thumb if the game wasn't crucial? He obviously saw the writing on the wall in the last minutes of the first half and pulled Princess Carson out of the game but he was risking a lot for a guy that didn't need that game. I have a lot of family in AZ and have co-workers at Mesa Boeing that told me all week about the Steamroller Cards and their unstoppable offense. Even those guys were calling for the 1 seed with one literally saying-

"Carolina lost! You thought you would come in here for a game against the backups. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Cardinals football team."

That was the exact message I had on Monday following the Rams loss. Two days ago another one read

"You are lucky Arians didn't want that game." Nothing more sent..

Willyeye

Reaction score
Arians is such a tool. Am I the only person that's ever noticed his fake Ebonics accent? He sounds like such a M0R0N!

rideaducati

Reaction score
The cardinals are like the Seahawks little brother. The older brother always wins and the little brother always wants to play again. Then when the older brother has an off day and finally loses, the little brother talks a whole bunch of trash. The next time they play, the older brother beats the little brother so badly that the little brother's confidence is shot for the next few times they play.