The new sheriff fooled all of us..OK!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Ace_Rimmer":2p43epcq said:
Ambrose83":2p43epcq said:
he was sure red as can be in the face for a game he did not care about..... odd

What about his "no risk it, no biscuit" line that he lives by? They got shown up in their house and now he is deflecting.

They even highlighted that quote from him and talked about it in the game. As it pertained to the game.

Bruce's Excuses™.

sutz

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":18njo2wk said:
I think he meant Will Tukuafu.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLIive/status/683776395630239744[/tweet]
Actually, IIRC Tukuafu has filled in as a DL at times. ;)

But he is officially a FB.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Bruce said what he had to say.

It was stupid.

But in his media market, in the insular area of their market, it is playing, for the Cards, and that is all that matters. If Jon Q won't buy tickets to the first home playoff game is some time, the Cards lose lots of free money.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I notice the 'new sheriff' is wearing blue, b/c that is colour that wins.

He's started to read and even partially believe his press clippings, deep down however he knows that when it counts the Hawks have his team by the short and curlys.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Did Prisco pay him to say this?
sounds like something he would say..

also this line of him getting defensive proves that he is full of crap

"don't have to please anybody. I'm going to do whatever the hell I want now from here on out."

canfan

Reaction score
ava":3l5thcvu said:
kmeleon":3l5thcvu said:
Arians is an Asshat, does he really think people are going to believe this crap?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...e-arians-of-course-i-lied-about-week-17-plans

Between his "New Sheriff in town" comment and this he's getting close to the Harbaugh level of hate for me :twisted:

it is almost a compliment when opposing teams start calling your coach an Asshat. I mean nobody cared about Whisenhunt.

If it makes you feel any better, I always thought Whisenhunt was an asshat! :lol:

DeeHawks

Reaction score
One thing he did say that I thought was pretty funny was when he made that comment last year about the "8-8 Rams".... :lol:

seahawksny

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2o07u4tt said:
BirdsCommaAngry":2o07u4tt said:
Arians filling Harbaugh's void it seems.

I'm glad he is filling the void that Harbaugh left. The division hasn't felt the same without old Jimbo.

Not complaining
Don't miss nervousness I would have before playing them

ava

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1fgujpx5 said:
I think he meant Will Tukuafu.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLIive/status/683776395630239744[/tweet]

Hey I am a SHE. Yes this is what I was talking about. I didn't know what a FB was; fullback right? I found out that BA hates them and doesn't use them. I loved this play though. Big ole guy plodding into the end zone. Happy for him.

ava

Reaction score
Laloosh":336npovx said:
Ava, you're clearly too thoughtful and intelligent to be a Cards fan. Come into the fold, sweetheart. Our coach also doesn't try to go by the same nickname as a famous television series character.

You sound like some of my Oregon friends. I already have one toe over the line and they tease me all of time that I should just dump the Cards and join the real fan base with a real team worth rooting for! I do like PC. He should lose the gum though! He has only irritated me one time. I will probably get all of the facts wrong, but as I recall, it was his presser about the "Fail Mary". He went on t.v. and claimed the pass to Golden Tate (I think it was him) was legit. I guess he was just backing his player but I thought he should have said something along the lines of "sometimes the calls break your way and sometimes they don't". Even though PC is very attractive (something you guys have probably never noticed or thought or even cared about) BA has a little something sexy going on too...back head fat and all! I would have included barf bags for you guys if possible or maybe I should have prefaced this post with a warning that a barf bag might be needed before reading on...you know, give a guy a warning. :stirthepot:

ava

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1hzlc5zz said:
Ambrose83":1hzlc5zz said:
he was sure red as can be in the face for a game he did not care about..... odd

What about his "no risk it, no biscuit" line that he lives by? They got shown up in their house and now he is deflecting.

The "no risk it, no biscuit" refers to "going long". My husband has fits whenever the Cards are facing 3 and short and BA calls a long bomb! I mean he has a coronary. He will sarcastically say "Oh look they are 3 and short what is BA going to do"? and I dutifully say "air it out"? It is an ongoing joke.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":25bqxex3 said:
The way the whole narrative changed from Arians and some of the Cardinal supporters (responding to NFL media on twitter) is hilarious.

Before the game:
-playing for the one seed
-believe in playing every game on the schedule
-wanting to send a message

After the Hawks hand it to the Cards....who had all their starters in the first half
-Didn't want to show anything
-Didn't care about the one seed

We've all seen the negative comments towards Pete from other fan and some media. Imagine how much he'd get called out for a similar about face.
LOLOLOL, BA's game plan was so TOP SECRET, that even HE didn't know what he was doing.
He openly admits that he's a LIAR LOLOLOLOL, a lot of his fans believe that he's telling the truth, hell, even his players were sucked into his ruse as they appeared to be feeling the heat from his red faced outbursts.....Uh, next time Bruce, maybe you want to let your players in on your big fake job.

To add....IF Bruce Arians and his Players were faking it, Pete Carroll, and his players was doing a much better job of faking the win, and all those smiles, eh? :lol:

Laloosh

Reaction score
ava":208dsw5v said:
Laloosh":208dsw5v said:
Ava, you're clearly too thoughtful and intelligent to be a Cards fan. Come into the fold, sweetheart. Our coach also doesn't try to go by the same nickname as a famous television series character.

You sound like some of my Oregon friends. I already have one toe over the line and they tease me all of time that I should just dump the Cards and join the real fan base with a real team worth rooting for! I do like PC. He should lose the gum though! He has only irritated me one time. I will probably get all of the facts wrong, but as I recall, it was his presser about the "Fail Mary". He went on t.v. and claimed the pass to Golden Tate (I think it was him) was legit. I guess he was just backing his player but I thought he should have said something along the lines of "sometimes the calls break your way and sometimes they don't". Even though PC is very attractive (something you guys have probably never noticed or thought or even cared about) BA has a little something sexy going on too...back head fat and all! I would have included barf bags for you guys if possible or maybe I should have prefaced this post with a warning that a barf bag might be needed before reading on...you know, give a guy a warning. :stirthepot:

Alright, I don't even care if you stay a Cards fan at this point. Just don't leave. You're a keeper, Ava.

Also, barf bag warning would have been nice. That was funny though.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1wtbd0el said:
He played all his starters until halftime, when the score was 30-6, was screaming on the sidelines, and then pulled only Carson Palmer after telling the rest of the team they weren't playing hard enough to get pulled yet?

Uh-huh. Sorry there, uh, Sheriff, but you contradicted your own words during the actual game.

This is a pretty good point.

I guess his 2-4 record against us as a HC is part of his master plan as well. Just giving us confidence for 3 years so they can finally sweep us in year 4. Or year 5. Could be year 6.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ava":2rf03lcu said:
Laloosh":2rf03lcu said:

The Tate catch that you are referring to, when both the Receiver an Defender have simultaneous possession when hitting the ground, the call is suppose to go to the intended Receiver, so Pete was right, the temporary Official had made the correct call.

anonFAFA

Reaction score
ava":3cfj9w90 said:
kmeleon":3cfj9w90 said:
Arians is an Asshat, does he really think people are going to believe this crap?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...e-arians-of-course-i-lied-about-week-17-plans

Between his "New Sheriff in town" comment and this he's getting close to the Harbaugh level of hate for me :twisted:

Hmmmmm. Wow, I had not seen this. I love love love BA (even if he isn't as cute as PC) but I am not sure I am buying this story. One thing though. My Cards just didn't play like they even cared. I kept thinking WTF is going on here. So allow me to be a "homer" and let the thought creep in that maybe, just maybe the Cards weren't all that into a game that meant nothing much. The Hawks just wanted it and possibly needed it much more? Yeah, whatever. Don't bother to set me straight..lol...my little dream doesn't even make sense. I do believe that the real Cardinals will be back for the playoffs though...I hope. Two side notes: it is almost a compliment when opposing teams start calling your coach an Asshat. I mean nobody cared about Whisenhunt. Second side note and completely unrelated: I just remembered my favorite Seahawk play from Sunday. When RW through the ball to an offensive lineman and he ran for a touchdown!!! I was kind of cheering (quietly inside so my family didn't kill me). Who does that? That isn't normal right? I mean sometimes a defensive lineman catches a batted ball or picks up a fumble and runs it in (which I always love seeing) but I don't think I have ever seen a QB purposely throw a ball to an Oline guy. Tricky.

I don't buy it. Players were saying they didn't practice hard and then didn't play hard. Why the hell would you not practice hard or play hard if you had the chance at the number 1 seed? That makes 0 sense. I am 99.99% positive that if it were the Seahawks, they would practice and play at 110% because there was still a chance for the number 1 seed, even if it was unlikely the Bucs would win. Hell, it was unlikely the Falcons would beat the Panthers, but they did.

It's utter BS. They know they practiced hard and tried hard, but they got beat down. Now they are looking for excuses to save face. Own up to it. Admit that you were beat by the better team and acknowledge that next time around, you have to work even harder than you thought to win.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
anonFAFA":2jlrkb5l said:
ava":2jlrkb5l said:
kmeleon":2jlrkb5l said:

Hmmmmm. Wow, I had not seen this. I love love love BA (even if he isn't as cute as PC) but I am not sure I am buying this story. One thing though. My Cards just didn't play like they even cared. I kept thinking WTF is going on here. So allow me to be a "homer" and let the thought creep in that maybe, just maybe the Cards weren't all that into a game that meant nothing much. The Hawks just wanted it and possibly needed it much more? Yeah, whatever. Don't bother to set me straight..lol...my little dream doesn't even make sense. I do believe that the real Cardinals will be back for the playoffs though...I hope. Two side notes: it is almost a compliment when opposing teams start calling your coach an Asshat. I mean nobody cared about Whisenhunt. Second side note and completely unrelated: I just remembered my favorite Seahawk play from Sunday. When RW through the ball to an offensive lineman and he ran for a touchdown!!! I was kind of cheering (quietly inside so my family didn't kill me). Who does that? That isn't normal right? I mean sometimes a defensive lineman catches a batted ball or picks up a fumble and runs it in (which I always love seeing) but I don't think I have ever seen a QB purposely throw a ball to an Oline guy. Tricky.

I don't buy it. Players were saying they didn't practice hard and then didn't play hard. Why the hell would you not practice hard or play hard if you had the chance at the number 1 seed? That makes 0 sense. I am 99.99% positive that if it were the Seahawks, they would practice and play at 110% because there was still a chance for the number 1 seed, even if it was unlikely the Bucs would win. Hell, it was unlikely the Falcons would beat the Panthers, but they did.

It's utter BS. They know they practiced hard and tried hard, but they got beat down. Now they are looking for excuses to save face. Own up to it. Admit that you were beat by the better team and acknowledge that next time around, you have to work even harder than you thought to win.

Honestly, Douchebag Bruce and his players should really think about what they are saying.

Might be better to admit that you were outplayed than to admit that you weren't trying or practicing hard when the #1 seed is on the line.

Doesnt reflect very well at any level.

Besides, the Seahawks kick teams teeth in all the time. No shame in that :)

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1d8xnkmh said:
anonFAFA":1d8xnkmh said:
ava":1d8xnkmh said:
kmeleon":1d8xnkmh said:

Honestly, Douchebag Bruce and his players should really think about what they are saying.

Might be better to admit that you were outplayed than to admit that you weren't trying or practicing hard when the #1 seed is on the line.

Doesnt reflect very well at any level.

Besides, the Seahawks kick teams teeth in all the time. No shame in that :)

I'm sure these Arians comments will be shown to the team by Pete before their next meeting.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
seahawksny":3a6svy3k said:
Did Prisco pay him to say this?
sounds like something he would say.......
Speaking of good ol' Prickso, has he written any columns recently talking about how Russell Wilson can't throw from the pocket and isn't a 'real' QB?

ava

Reaction score
canfan":48ol9e4n said:
ava":48ol9e4n said:
kmeleon":48ol9e4n said:

it is almost a compliment when opposing teams start calling your coach an Asshat. I mean nobody cared about Whisenhunt.

If it makes you feel any better, I always thought Whisenhunt was an asshat! :lol:

Yes that does make me feel better. Whisenhunt was a statue; no emotion. I was no fan of Harbaugh but at least he made me laugh. BA makes me laugh too as does PC; chewing his gum and pacing the sidelines. Love the comedy.