The 'hawks needed this loss to re-focus and get better.

heffmanhere

Reaction score
A large slice of humble pie was badly needed.
The offense has lacked any real spark this year and the defence has been less than stellar too.

The team needed this loss. They were fooling themselves and kidding themselves with dreams of going undefeated playing blah football.

Nobody is a bigger fan and supporter of this team than I am, but this loss can do a whole lot of good for us long term if the team---players and coaches----realize now that they aren't anywhere near as dominant as they believed they were---and if they work real hard to fix this sputtering offense and clean up on defence too.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I wouldn't say we NEEDED the loss, but a little adversity can become a good thing.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
As long as they use it to refocus and get better, it could be good in that way.

But this loss sucks.

daketah

Reaction score
JSeahawks":38k42ktz said:
No loss is ever needed.

This. What is needed is to remember that there is 60 minutes of football to play every week against worthy opposition.

OP
OP
H

heffmanhere

Reaction score
I used the word 'needed' because I don't believe the team would focus on fixing what's broken if they'd won this game and then fooled themselves with some predictable wins over the next month against clearly inferior foes. This loss was needed in that respect. It's unfortunate but it I believe it was actually necessary in that context.

And it hurts too becuz it puts the Saints in the driver's seat for the top seed in the NFC. Hopefully that serves as the push this team needs to learn to score far more touchdowns and become the defence many thought possible when the year began.

Humble pie tastes terrible. But if you swallow it and learn from that hideous after-taste it can do a whole lot of good. But you 'need' to swallow it for it to do any good.

Rocket

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1xukmmbn said:
No loss is ever needed.

Nah... sometimes a team is too cocky and heeds some humble pie and an attitude re-check and a sense of urgency.

Might be that here, might not... perhaps not "needed", but helpful maybe?

Like a good swift kick in the nuts to get you focused...

EDIT: Cali it ain't a GOOD loss, it's just a silver lining kind of thing.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
The team played poor in critical situations. The D gave up some big plays today, that should never happen. A blocked field goal attempt returned for 6, that should never happen. Blown coverage by the LOB giving up an easy TD, that should not happen. In the big scheme of things this loss could be a good thing.

Latest posts