The bias against UW

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The media makes it sound like Fla St only dropped because Travis got
hurt.
Then they keep gloating on the Ducks like they should be in!
They don't really key into who beat them though.

Mizak

Reaction score
East Coast Bias. Also, NCAA and Ohio State are in cahoots. It’s weird how they are Top 4 almost every year.

its also weird how they never, ever get investigated.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Listening to that guy from the committee, that almost sounded scripted. Like it hurt them to actually move Washington up to 4. They've knocked off 5 ranked teams, including OREGON. Geezus, it's as if it physically hurts them to give credit to Washington. Or that FSU is some amazing team that is only moving down because their QB got hurt. Dawgs would smoke FSU.
Dawgs have also won 18 in a row. They need to feed tf off of this and shut all these jackwads up. Win that Apple Cup and knock off Oregon again.
They would lose their shit and would have NO way of keeping UW out. Us against the world attitude.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I think part of the issue is they place too much value on margin of victory. It should matter a little bit, but not very much. Washingtons wins against top 25 teams should completely mitigated their narrow wins against inferior competition. Because at this point the whole argument of "well Washington barely beat ASU, so they're going to lose to a good team sometime this season" is null and void. They beat USC, Utah, and Oregon State. Before that they beat Oregon and Arizona.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I think part of the issue is they place too much value on margin of victory. It should matter a little bit, but not very much. Washingtons wins against top 25 teams should completely mitigated their narrow wins against inferior competition. Because at this point the whole argument of "well Washington barely beat ASU, so they're going to lose to a good team sometime this season" is null and void. They beat USC, Utah, and Oregon State. Before that they beat Oregon and Arizona.
Yeah the emphasis on margin of victory is big to them when it supports their narrative... I remember times in the past where it was exactly the opposite of that because their SEC teams weren't blowing people out... Like in 2020 when Cincinnati was undefeated and had a top 5 margin of victory (20 points per game).

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I was just looking at who Ohio State and Michigan have beaten this year, and there's no way in hell they ought to be 1 and 2 compared to what the Huskies have done this season. The East coast bias is real and ridiculously glaring! Neither of those teams even played much ranked competition, and what they did were not blowouts.

I wonder if becoming a part of a new 'division" soon, or whatever these college sub groups of teams are called will really make any difference?

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Also, why is the media so certain, we will lose to Oregon in the Pac 12 championship game? To read the pundits, we have very little chance to beat them. Did we not already beat them, or did they sprout a bunch of new talent since then?

cymatica

Reaction score
Washington and Oregon should be top 4

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
As pointed out before above when you look at these so called
elite teams above UW and who they have played, how are they
above UW?
There is a lot of favoritism and bias from the selection committee
and the media as a whole.
Rarely do they ever have the top 4 right no matter the format used.

Chapow

Reaction score
Also, why is the media so certain, we will lose to Oregon in the Pac 12 championship game? To read the pundits, we have very little chance to beat them. Did we not already beat them, or did they sprout a bunch of new talent since then?

Have you watched any Oregon games lately? Have you watched any UW games lately? Look, I'm a HUGE UW fan. It's Seahawks 1a and UW 1b for me, fandom wise. But I can't deny what I'm seeing on the field. UW just keeps finding ways to win, but they are close hard fought games. They aren't dominating anyone. Oregon looks incredibly impressive. They look like they are legitimately one of the best teams in the country. Watching Oregon last night vs watching UW today, Oregon just looks like a much better, much more impressive team (and keep in mind they played a much better team than WSU). It's been like this for weeks now. I'm sitting here watching the Apple Cup and I'm having a really hard time seeing this UW team, with the way they're playing lately, beating that Oregon team with the way they've been playing lately.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Maybe if WA had some defense and actually blew out some teams they should blow out...

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I’m personally happy that UW had to grind out a win rather than some huge blow out.

Blowouts can promote a false sense of accomplishment where a tough win coupled with underperforming hope has them working diligently this week rather than feeding off unnecessary hype from big & pretty numbers.

This team has been tested in just about every way… and they passed with the W.

It’s definitely going to take a clean, complete and well planned game to win.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Listening to post game, they were saying he was throwing up on the sidelines. Maybe food poisoning. He was WAY off. Happens to any great QB, but it's the worst I've seen him play in a long while. Oh well, got that W

Latest posts