The Bengals

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I agree on 8.5 seeming awfully high for Cleveland-it's just hard to imagine on risking money when their ceiling is likely 9.

I'm going to look at my sheet (Hilton) again. 6.5 seems right. But I will look.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
AJ Green is a beast, and their front 7 is legit, but I just don't see Dalton being able to take his game to the next level. They will continue to be a mediocre team for the foreseeable future.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
You guys have good eyes. Cleveland's line is 6 with -130 on the over. And +110 under.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":11flc9ex said:
You guys have good eyes. Cleveland's line is 6 with -130 on the over. And +110 under.

I'd take the over on that. Everyone else?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I would go heavily on Cincy Over and to win division. I think they get 10 wins.

I would go under on Pitt and Baltimore.

Cleveland? 6 seems right to me. I think they will be very competitive but not sure how many more wins they earn. After looking at their schedule I found seven wins fairly easily but keep in mind I have Pitt and Balt undervalued.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":3ai7zw1u said:
bestfightstory":3ai7zw1u said:

I'd take the over on that. Everyone else?
Just don't see it yet. They might get to 7 though given that division is close. Thing is Baltimore will be better than people think even then the division is Cincinniati's to win. If Pittsburgh falls off a cliff, which is possible because their defense is OLD then I could see Cleveland possibly getting to 9-7 if all the planets align. More realistically they are probably 6-10 maybe 7-9.

kearly

Reaction score
Cincy went 10-6 last year, with 8.7 estimated wins and the 12th ranked DVOA. Their weighted DVOA ranked 7th, sandwiched between Chicago and Washington. Their running game is almost dead average, and their pass game is below the NFL median, even though it has a positive DVOA. Overall, their offense is essentially average, but that's more than enough to win when your defense ranked 3rd in weighted defense (ours ranked just 7th).

I was a Dalton skeptic during the 2011 draft, but I think he's proven me wrong. He showed real progress during the 2012 season when it came to progressing through reads and facilitating the offense.

I thought Cincy had a pretty nice draft. I was all for drafting Tyler Eifert at #25, had he reached us. Giovanni Bernard has that Chris Polk gene that I like in RBs. I wasn't a fan of Hunt and Williams, but both have the athleticism to prove me very wrong. Later on they'd add LB Sean Porter and Cobi Hamilton, two flawed but exciting football players that I really like. Porter is kind of like a hybrid of Bruce Irvin and KJ Wright, in that he's got a lot of reach and physicality like Wright but excels as a 3-4 type rusher like Irvin (probably) would. Hamilton can be nitpicked for technique but has size, speed, and college production in the SEC.

Not every pick the Bengals made was a homerun, but I think their draft places comfortably in the top 10 this year, based on my own evaluations. Their best picks happened to be areas where they needed help the most too (TE, RB, LB, WR). Cincy has drafted as well as any team not named the Seahawks over the last 4 years, too. So keep an eye on them.

This is a young team with the kind of physicality and youth you just don't see anywhere other than Seattle. Their division is crumbling around them. Yes, they did over-achieve last year a bit, but this isn't a team I'd bet against at all, at least in terms of making the playoffs.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Re Margus Hunt. With the defense they field, they can afford to add a project with quirky intangible upside.

I didn't want him as a Seahawk, but I will be fascinated to see how he develops in Cincy.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Bengals are my AFC pick of 2014 season, but hawks will beat them in Super Bowl. :179422:

mikeak

Reaction score
I will take the Bengals seriously when Hernandez posts bail and they sign him........ Seriously not only is he really good but nobody will want to tackle him

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
mikeak":27zoliz7 said:
I will take the Bengals seriously when Hernandez posts bail and they sign him........ Seriously not only is he really good but nobody will want to tackle him
Man, the jokes are never going to stop concerning Hernandez he really is an idiot. On the otherhand I think Kearly has it right Dalton is pretty good and that team does have some serious talent. They just need to put it all together regardless I think the division is their's this year.

RedAlice

Reaction score
After spending years annoyed by Norv here where all my friends love the Chargers, he will elevate the Browns O.

Take the over.

I expect them to be one of the surprising teams this year.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Can the Bengals draft new uniforms?

Go Browns. T. Richardson is a beast