THE annual Adopt-A-Rookie thread

kearly

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2ukt6equ said:
kearly":2ukt6equ said:
I never knew .net had such a soft spot for blocking tight ends. :)

I just think he has some hidden potential beyond being just a blocker. I think he is maybe a little underrated but I loved the film I saw on him.

Pete and JS sounded super excited to finally find a TE like him in the draft and that we havent really had one. From reading things about the Senior bowl it sounded like he really impressed people there with his catching ability. Also from reading more into him it seems like he could potentially be an underrated weapon in the redzone. If he turns into that along with Graham in the redzone, watch out.

I think he will be an important contributer to the team this year with Grahams health in question and the only blocking TE we even have really. I expect to see him lined up all over the place.

He has good hands. Scheme him open and he'll do nice things. Not expecting much production. Awesome blocker though. I get why PCJS love him.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Odhiambo- sounds like he needs some love- and if Cable likes him that much, he must have something going for him.

"O-D, O-D, O-D..."

UDFA : tough choices; gotta go with Tanner McEvoy. If the Hawks don't find a way to keep him and get him on the field, some other team will.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
kearly":2lw4nuo6 said:
WilsonMVP":2lw4nuo6 said:
kearly":2lw4nuo6 said:
I never knew .net had such a soft spot for blocking tight ends. :)

I just think he has some hidden potential beyond being just a blocker. I think he is maybe a little underrated but I loved the film I saw on him.

Pete and JS sounded super excited to finally find a TE like him in the draft and that we havent really had one. From reading things about the Senior bowl it sounded like he really impressed people there with his catching ability. Also from reading more into him it seems like he could potentially be an underrated weapon in the redzone. If he turns into that along with Graham in the redzone, watch out.

I think he will be an important contributer to the team this year with Grahams health in question and the only blocking TE we even have really. I expect to see him lined up all over the place.

He has good hands. Scheme him open and he'll do nice things. Not expecting much production. Awesome blocker though. I get why PCJS love him.

Ya I dont think he is going to explode and get 600+ yards or anything. I think his range might be in the 200-400 range maybe? With 2-4 TDs? I just think as the best blocking TE he is going to be in alot and helping spring some big plays, whether making them himself or other players. His value is going to come beyond just the stat sheet.

In the passing game I think alot of his value is going to come as a late checkdown or a redzone threat. Probably not much inbetween those two. I could see his upside being Heath Miller like. Getting 400-600 or so yards a year and 4-7 or so TDS. Just a solid contributer in the passing game and a HUGE contributer with blocking. Just depends on how much they intend to use him in the passing game and how much ability he actually has since he wasnt able to showcase it much his senior year at Ohio State

On a breakdown site this was listed "When you go through Vannett’s tape, you will see him run a lot of shorter underneath routes where he’s asked to settle in soft spots of zone coverages and show the quarterback his numbers" I think that is exactly the kind of routes he is going to run this year but we will see.

He is obviously not going to be Gronk, Gates, Kelce...those types of TEs but I believe he will be another added dimension for us to use on offense which is nice. There is value in having a TE that is versatile in the passing game but also a heavy contributer to the running game.

sam1313

Reaction score
Zorn76":30kk35t1 said:
Hunt.

Center is so key, and we haven't been nearly consistent enough there for several years now.

:13: Guy put up 34 reps on the bench for his pro day, and hasn't given up a sack in more than a year? Me thinks he is better than people are expecting. :thirishdrinkers:

titan3131

Reaction score
Collins offense
Jarran reed defense

Udfa brandin bryant

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I spent two whole days begging Seattle to draft a pass-rushing 3-tech DT. I cant go with anyone else now.

Jefferson

GLio14

Reaction score
My first year doing this! I'm going with Kenny Lawler. I have a really good feeling about him.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1egbqhwf said:
I think I'll go with Lawler, at some point we will find a big receiver and hopefully he's it.

I'm with MHG......Lawler could make a big impact among our Receiver Corp. I'm going to keep my eye on him and see if he makes it out of Rookie Camp.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
I'm really pulling for Hunt. Center is one of those position we need to lock down, and even as a longshot Hunt will have a chance to make the roster better

My UDFA rookie is McEvoy. Just put the man at safety and let the best secondary coaches in the game unlock all that talent.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I was absolutely freakin' jumping for joy when we traded up - never did I expect that Jarran Reed would fall into the mid second. I need to give him love, but I have another pick for adopt-a-rookie.

Gotta go with Prosise. Loved his tape, and expressed desire that he would be pick 90 before it happened. I'm obligated to take him. I'm excited about what he brings and love that he has a pretty much guaranteed role to fulfill.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Picked lockett last year. I'll go with prosise this year just for the hell of it. Why not

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Prosise is going to be a player that will force his way onto the field.

But I'm going with our #1 pick !

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
BlueBlood":24c35zkm said:
Prosise is going to be a player that will force his way onto the field.

But I'm going with our #1 pick !
See now, I thought I was being cute and making it halfway interesting. But that's just boring and so .Net. Seriously this site has serious issues about obsession concerning offensive linemen. So obsessive as to be beyond insane and possibly silly.

Prosise is easy just like Tyler Lockett last year. At least take a risk won't you. Idefi or whatever his name is will definitely be just fine trust me.

kf3339

Reaction score
You know what? Reading this thread just makes you realize how many potential gems we may have pulled from this draft!

How could you not be super excited to see them all in action?

I SURE AM!!!! :thirishdrinkers:

cover-2

Reaction score
I'll take this monster...
gettyimages-504629272.jpg

firebee

Reaction score
Drafted offensive rookie - Kenny Lawler... Something about Cal receivers... They tend to become bigtime deep threat receivers in the NFL.

Drafted Defensive rookie - Jarran Reed... He's going to be a force on the interior.... A huge addition.

Undrafted offensive rookie - Vernon Adams... Electrifying at Oregon. Knocked for measurables, but what he does on the field is undeniable... See All-Star games.

Undrafted defensive rookie - Dave Perkins... Bruce Irvin 2.0

Latest posts