The 49ers got waxed

Kinger95

Reaction score
Honestly if trey lance is a bust and they are stuck with jimmy/need to get a new qb plus have to pay bosa out the nose plus the fact they have given up loads of picks they could really be “down” for a few years when we’re on the “rise” . Same with rams. No draft capital, expensive players, no cap room to improve and lots of older veterans past their prime

toffee

Reaction score
We, my fellow 12s, dodged a bullet. If Jody Allen choice to go with Russ and fired Pete/John, we will have a $250mil QB for the next 7 years, few draft picks. Certainly no bookend OTs, no Woolen, BUT BUT BUT, we might have someone like Hackett.

Rainger

Reaction score
We, my fellow 12s, dodged a bullet. If Jody Allen choice to go with Russ and fired Pete/John, we will have a $250mil QB for the next 7 years, few draft picks. Certainly no bookend OTs, no Woolen, BUT BUT BUT, we might have someone like Hackett.
Toffee I love as a man but why do you constantly believe that some decision was sitting on Jodies table of firing Pete to keep Russ?

She is not a hands on owner. She is holding the team in trust. Paul believed in Pete and brought him in and gave him a lots of power. I am sure she believes in Paul's vision.

You really think Russ had ownerships ear?

There never was a "DECISION " to be made IMHO. Pete did what he knew he could do.

Only the fans think there was a decision between Pete and RW.

SarG3Hawk

Reaction score
I’m book marking this thread as a Christmas present after the chiefs play the Seahawks at arrowhead Dec 24
Problem with this is that the hawks aren’t and never were expected to win that game. Oddly enough I could see that game be one of those odd “how did we manage to win that game or make it close” type of days we have about once a year. But that’s a big big If.
The 9ers are going all in, again. Yet there always seems to be something holding them back. It’s injuries, Jimmy, Kyle, or whatever other excuse there is. Point is you guys are supposed to be competitive, contenders, flashing the new toys, revenge game from the super bowl and still got waxed. It’s a small indirect victory for us fans to see it.

94Smith

Reaction score
Problem with this is that the hawks aren’t and never were expected to win that game. Oddly enough I could see that game be one of those odd “how did we manage to win that game or make it close” type of days we have about once a year. But that’s a big big If.
The 9ers are going all in, again. Yet there always seems to be something holding them back. It’s injuries, Jimmy, Kyle, or whatever other excuse there is. Point is you guys are supposed to be competitive, contenders, flashing the new toys, revenge game from the super bowl and still got waxed. It’s a small indirect victory for us fans to see it.
49ers were 3-5 going in to week 9 last year and almost won the nfc championship… lots of games left

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
49ers were 3-5 going in to week 9 last year and almost won the nfc championship… lots of games left
Well you’re in last with the Cards in the here and now so enjoy the basement. You guys should’ve signed Cousins years ago before you traded for Stinky G my dude

Marvin49

Reaction score
So yeah...that was ugly. I actually expected them to lose, but that was way worse than I thought.

1) The D was just TORCHED. I haven't seen that in YEARS. It wasn't just Mahomes either. Reid had his way with Ryans scheme. The Jet sweeps to Hardman were genius. They took advantage of Bosa getting upfield and cut right underneath him. They gave up 529 yards of offense and before Henne came in they were giving up over 10 yards per play. To put that in perspective, the 49ers were leading the league in yards per play in the 4-5 range. D simply could not get off the field. They have injuries (Moseley, Kinlaw, Armstead) but that is ZERO excuse for that performance. Most of their guys were back. I don't expect to see that again this year.

2) They actually didn't play badly on offense and put up over 400 yards. Jimmy had 303 yards, 2 TDs and a horrific interception.

3) The 49ers may not be Christian McCaffrey away from being a SB team and I have no idea if the move was a mistake or not, but I'll say this...he looked GOOD. The dude arrived on friday, didn't even get a full practice in with the the team and he looked explosive and decisive. This game sucked as a Niner fan, but CMC really looked the part.

Here's the thing....49ers are only 1 game back in the division and they play only 1 more game this year against a team who currently has a winning record....and that team is Seattle whom they beat 27-7 in week 2. That's not to say they beat them again. My point is that the Chiefs are a different animal than any team they face for the rest of the year. Additionally, both the Rams and Seahawks still get to play the Chiefs this year.

Niners don't need to worry about the Chiefs unless they go to the Super Bowl...and that conversation is a LONG ways off.

As much as that game hurt to watch, just burn the tape and move on.