The 2016 Seattle Mariners (Official season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think at this point it just comes down to what should we do when the trade deadline rolls around. Unless we trade for a lot, we are not going to make a run at the wild card. There are too many teams ahead of us, and to be quite honest, they are just better than us.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1jhnbb9v said:
I think at this point it just comes down to what should we do when the trade deadline rolls around. Unless we trade for a lot, we are not going to make a run at the wild card. There are too many teams ahead of us, and to be quite honest, they are just better than us.
Guessing Cruz will be on the block.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":hrscifik said:
Hawk-Lock":hrscifik said:
I don't think he will be.

No one wants to touch that contract, and you don't trade away a bonafide run producer in the middle of your lineup no matter how crappy he looks when he swings at pitches in the dirt at times. That would be signaling to your fanbase that you are trying to build that you are "giving up" before August.

I'd see if anyone had a need for a sidearm "closer" that pretty much sucks, however.

8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2qssmoka said:

From the 10,000 foot view you are correct. From the micromanagement world of baseball and the need to keep selling tickets they feel they are still in the thick of things, or at least need to "project" that to the fanbase.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't foresee a fire sale next month. And I really don't see trading Cruz, although he frustrates the hell out of me sometimes. He's starting to remind me of Reggie Jackson, with his K, K, K, HR style.

:evil:

sutz

Reaction score
Oh, and Miley tomorrow sounds kind of scary. He owned them last time, but which Miley will show up?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2kab5i1r said:
hawksfansinceday1":2kab5i1r said:
Hawk-Lock":2kab5i1r said:

No one wants to touch that contract, and you don't trade away a bonafide run producer in the middle of your lineup no matter how crappy he looks when he swings at pitches in the dirt at times. That would be signaling to your fanbase that you are trying to build that you are "giving up" before August.

I'd see if anyone had a need for a sidearm "closer" that pretty much sucks, however.

8)
Think we could get a Class A end of the bench player for him?

And I think you're right about not trading much if anything to give the impression to the ticket buying public that the team is shooting for the playoffs.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Well they could shoot for the playoffs but as said pitching is needed to do it.I cannot fathom how many games have been lost after the 7th inning but bet it's many.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2f1mzzjr said:
Sports Hernia":2f1mzzjr said:
hawksfansinceday1":2f1mzzjr said:
Hawk-Lock":2f1mzzjr said:

8)
Think we could get a Class A end of the bench player for him?

And I think you're right about not trading much if anything to give the impression to the ticket buying public that the team is shooting for the playoffs.
For Cishek I'd do it. Addition by subtraction.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
For once I need the M's to win, $ on M's to win and Over 4 runs. Lets go! Don't f*ck this up Miley!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":4z1l52sf said:
For once I need the M's to win, $ on M's to win and Over 4 runs. Lets go! Don't f*ck this up Miley!
Looks like you're in trouble already. Bottom of the 2nd and he's given up 3 so far. Typical Miley. Not to be personally critical of you, but why in the hell would you put one ounce of faith in Miley?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3qox9o73 said:
Hawk-Lock":3qox9o73 said:
Looks like you're in trouble already. Bottom of the 2nd and he's given up 3 so far. Typical Miley. Not to be personally critical of you, but why in the hell would you put one ounce of faith in Miley?

I know right, I already feel like such an idiot. He actually has great numbers against the Royals. I've come to terms that I'm losing money on this game.

sutz

Reaction score
Damn, Montgomery is looking like a starter today. :2thumbs:

Nice to have a guy like that around.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Why? Why why why why why???!? Cishak is the worst pitcher I've ever seen. Why does Servais continually put this clown in the game? What does he see in him? Does Cishak have some picture or video to blackmail him? Go back to the minors where you belong you are TERRIBLE!!!! Good thing we have a 4 run lead. Oh 3 run lead after a first pitch HR. Then a walk. Strong work Cishak you suck

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":2rkhpomk said:
Why? Why why why why why???!? Cishak is the worst pitcher I've ever seen. Why does Servais continually put this clown in the game? What does he see in him? Does Cishak have some picture or video to blackmail him? Go back to the minors where you belong you are TERRIBLE!!!! Good thing we have a 4 run lead. Oh 3 run lead after a first pitch HR. Then a walk. Strong work Cishak you suck
It comes down to admitting they were wrong on the guy. See ego.

Cishek is not even close to a bonafide MLB closer IMHO.
Doesn't throw hard enough to get away with mistakes, doesn't have enough control to get guys to swing at balls off the plate as he misses by a mile when he misses outside the strikezone.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":19padc74 said:
Seahaaaawks":19padc74 said:
It comes down to admitting they were wrong on the guy. See ego........
Agree Hernia.

Status
Not open for further replies.