The 2016 Seattle Mariners (Official season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":x7gf9grq said:
In all seriousness, this is baseball. You have your highs and your lows. There are still 97 games left and they are only 1.5 back of a wild card and 6.5 back of the division. Season is a long way from being over.

While this is true, we're Mariner fans and this kind of skid is all to familiar. Only difference is, it didn't happen in May.

sutz

Reaction score
DHawk":1gps44ra said:
Hasselbeck":1gps44ra said:
In all seriousness, this is baseball. You have your highs and your lows. There are still 97 games left and they are only 1.5 back of a wild card and 6.5 back of the division. Season is a long way from being over.

While this is true, we're Mariner fans and this kind of skid is all to familiar. Only difference is, it didn't happen in May.
Or April. :laugh:

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Miley on 15 day Dl, Steve Johnson DFA'd, Sampson called up from Tacoma along with some other bullpen pitchers.

Our pitching depth is really going to get tested. Starting to wonder if we should have grabbed Lincelum when he was available, whether he is done/past his prime or not.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
sutz":1np0mh2p said:
DHawk":1np0mh2p said:
Hasselbeck":1np0mh2p said:

Or April. :laugh:

Ha.

I expect the M's to be in it until the end. The AL is pretty weak, and the 2nd wild-card keeps many teams alive a lot longer than they would be otherwise.

sutz

Reaction score
Repeat after me:

No lead is safe in Fenway.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Haha sweet revenge against Elias. And yes no lead is safe at Fenway, BoSox have a top 3 offense IMO.

On a side note, anyone see what Michael Saunders is doing today? Michael Saunders has 3 HR's and 8 RBI's and they are only in the 6th inning. I always liked Saunders, he could just never stay healthy.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1dtfeyfr said:
Haha sweet revenge against Elias. And yes no lead is safe at Fenway, BoSox have a top 3 offense IMO.

On a side note, anyone see what Michael Saunders is doing today? Michael Saunders has 3 HR's and 8 RBI's and they are only in the 6th inning. I always liked Saunders, he could just never stay healthy.
He had one of the biggest holes in his swing I've ever seen a MLB caliber player have. When he kept his swing short (which was rare) he was a good hitter. When he was struggling which seemed to be most of the time his swing got long and loopy.

The guy has talent and power, but lacks contact and ability to stay on the field. I have nothing against the guy and wish him well except when he plays Seattle.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Well... 7 games behind Texas, sinking closer to 500. ICEBURG RIGHT AHEAD! Hope we can pull something together. It all started going to poo when I bought a new M's hat. Great.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Catching the Rangers will be hard to do now, we are now 8 games back of them, and could be 8.5 GB if Texas holds on against STL today. And at this rate, I think Houston will probably pass us. Houston under-achieved early on, but they are starting to climb back into contention.

I still think we hover above .500 the rest of the season. I just hope we are in contention when the trade deadline rolls around. We badly need to add another SP. Doesn't seem like there will be a lot of SP's available at the deadline, and there are going to be a lot of teams looking to add an arm.

kearly

Reaction score
It was just 8 days ago that Cishek gave up that 3-2 two out HR to blow the game. Had he simply not given up that home run, Seattle would have been 2 games back. I don't know how you guys felt but that was the moment I knew the division hunt was over for Seattle.

Fast forward a week later, and Seattle is now 8.5 games back.

Basically a 6.5 game drop in 8 days, that began with that devastating HR.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
If this team doesn't begin to make adjustments, they will miss the postseason. I honestly think Stottlemyre has to go. It can't just be a simple coincidence that the whole pitching staff has been this bad/inconsistent in what, the last month? Basically ever since the demoralizing series versus The Twins. I've noticed very high swing and miss rates from guys like from Cruz, Aoki, and Seager this year as well. Yeah, they have decent averages, but it's still concerning. I don't know. This team needs to pull their heads out of their asses. This season is quickly slipping away.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kearly":tg8hhywp said:
It was just 8 days ago that Cishek gave up that 3-2 two out HR to blow the game. Had he simply not given up that home run, Seattle would have been 2 games back. I don't know how you guys felt but that was the moment I knew the division hunt was over for Seattle.

Fast forward a week later, and Seattle is now 8.5 games back.

Basically a 6.5 game drop in 8 days, that began with that devastating HR.
Agree with everything you said Kip. Really does look like Cishit's gopher to Fielder damaged this team.

Also agree with you HawkLock that they'll hang around .500 the rest of the season and if you'd told me before the season this team would finish at .500 I'd have been all ovet that. Problem is I got a taste of first place and it tasted sweet like sugar. Does look like DiPoto has the franchise moving in a positive direction though.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Felix, Miley and now possibly Tai out due to his foot getting worse? Yikes.

3 weeks ago I was looking to see who the M's could nab at the deadline, now it looks like we will be looking at who we will be trading to contenders.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2cp3a9o0 said:
Felix, Miley and now possibly Tai out due to his foot getting worse? Yikes.

3 weeks ago I was looking to see who the M's could nab at the deadline, now it looks like we will be looking at who we will be trading to contenders.

3 starting pitchers out is brutal. Starting to believe the Mariners jinx is real, fully expect Paxton to break a finger nail next and be out. If Montgomery was playing well i'd say he starts but he hasn't.

Chris Taylor has been traded to the Dodgers for Zach Lee. Another hopeful prospect that is a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.