Tennessee corner better than Sherm this year?

muxpux

Reaction score
Alterraun Verner....

http://deadspin.com/the-nfl-has-a-new-s ... 1442308279

Quarterbacks have thrown at him 28 times; Verner's allowed nine catches for 159 yards and zero touchdowns. To compare, Revis has conceded 12 catches for 102 yards and a score on 22 targets, and Sherman's given up 14 receptions for 258 yards and a touchdown on 26 targets.

yeah, that TY pass inflated Sherms numbers a bit (that is attributed to him right?) either way, itll be interesting to see how our WR's match up against one of the better corners this early in the season so far (emphasis because its early, and his numbers are great but theyve played pretty bad teams)

last week, two young QB's at the top of their game, this week 2 young corners at the top of their game...

who wins this matchup?

OP
OP
muxpux

muxpux

Reaction score
Not saying he's better, just that to this point, this year, he is. It'll be interesting to see how our receivers and Wilson do against him.

Onyx

Reaction score
As Sherman would say, "look at the stats".

seahawk 17

Reaction score
What about tackles and level of competition? Sherm is the truth.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Verner is good. But they haven't exactly faced a Murderers Row of WR teams either (their schedule has been soft).

Regardless, it's time our WRs - especially Rice- step up.

hawker84

Reaction score
well according to the stats i'd say yes... I'd take sherman over any corner in the league though... Looks like tate will have his hands full.

TJH

Reaction score
So far he has played like it. After the first two games, Sherman has not been spectacular.

pehawk

Reaction score
The Titans defense is legit. They bring the hammer. Both defenses should have "Thug Life" tattooed on their torso's, like I do.

This kids playing well, very well. But, CB play is sometimes fluky. Marc Carrier syndrome.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One week, Sherm gets a game saving Pick 6, the next week, a bunch of ppl act like he sucks or is over-rated (not saying on here)

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is possible for one player to be very good without it all meaning that another player is any less adept at his position.

Verner is phenomenal. Most people that watched him in college could have told you that.

Sherman is fantastic. I don't see where one affects the other that much?

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
TJH":23qtgy1j said:
So far he has played like it. After the first two games, Sherman has not been spectacular.

We get it. You hate the Seahawks.

TJH

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":1kh062f3 said:
TJH":1kh062f3 said:

We get it. You hate the Seahawks.

Yup, totally. You disagree? Making Cecil Shorts and TY Hilton look like all-pros isn't a good thing.

TJH

Reaction score
seahawk 17":24tjdrr5 said:
What about tackles and level of competition? Sherm is the truth.

Verner has 16 tackles, 1 missed tackle.

Sherman has 12 tackles with 3 missed.

mikeak

Reaction score
This is good - helps the Hawks to keep Sherman's salary next year

And it is funny how people can't bring up numbers / discussions without being called out as stupid / hating a team. As someone above said - how can one not say a different player is at the same level as someone else this year according to the numbers and get some thoughts. Not everything is black or white except apparently on online forums.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I'm sure he's a better cover guy, but no one is the to machine that sherm is

davidonmi

Reaction score
I'm sure he's a better cover guy, but no one is the to machine that sherm is

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
Sherman is a high risk high reward type of CB.. You can't say Verner is a better player because he has performed well through five games. Everyone has their days. I'd take Sherman every day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Latest posts