Tate not happy with us

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":37qexuop said:
Hasselbeck":37qexuop said:
OffseasonChampions":37qexuop said:
Well Harvin is getting an average of 10/year, but anger causes exaggeration so it makes sense.

Percy's extension was for $64M, Tate's offer was for $20M

That's 3x more.
LOL, if you live under the illusion that all contracts are played out. Tate's offer was for 4 or 5 years, not 6.

So, how does that negate the 3x money OFFER? I'm curious. LOL! (Seriously, when you condescend with an LOL, and you're wrong, you look foolish.)

DavidSeven

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":3ujxocaq said:
Hasselbeck":3ujxocaq said:
OffseasonChampions":3ujxocaq said:
Well Harvin is getting an average of 10/year, but anger causes exaggeration so it makes sense.

That's 3x more.
LOL, if you live under the illusion that all contracts are played out. Tate's offer was for 4 or 5 years, not 6.

Percy's guaranteed money was $25.5M. It's very realistic to assume that's close to 3X what SEA offered Tate in guarantees.

plyka

Reaction score
You guys are getting caught up in technicalities. Who cares if it was technically 3x more, or 2.5x more, etc? Obviously he was talking about Percy. What's less obvious is how he worked up the audacity to compare himself to Percy in the first place.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":16ck4o4n said:
OffseasonChampions":16ck4o4n said:
Hasselbeck":16ck4o4n said:
OffseasonChampions":16ck4o4n said:

That's 3x more.

So, how does that negate the 3x money OFFER? I'm curious. LOL! (Seriously, when you condescend with an LOL, and you're wrong, you look foolish.)
OFFER means nothing, guaranteed money is all that matters.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
twitter is toxic and full of vile anonymous people....players come and go and they should be remembered for what they did while here. Tate, if you are reading this, there are lots of us that have not turned on you....[just sad to see you go]

HawkHouse

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":oade2ifx said:
Not that I blame him for taking significantly more money, but he kind of brought these reactions on himself by saying he'd take less money to stay, then leaving for more money. Its pretty simple, don't say things like that.

I kinda feel the same way, he did lead people to believe he would stay for a little less. Not sure how much less but it doesn't matter at this point ...

No matter the details, the numbers etc., I trust our FO to make these decisions based on our teams philosophy and the value of a particular position / contract being decided upon.

Tate's value to the Lions is somewhat different than to us.

And his bringing up the 'laughable' offer and the fans who turned on him, I don't feel was very professional, IMO. It paints us, the fans and the franchise, in a bad light which I don't feel is fair.

A few bad apples shouldn't spoil the bunch.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
So he made $490k for 4 years. In those first 2 years, he was pretty "MEDIOCRE". 3rd he improved. 4th he was pretty good.
So, they basically increased his wage roughly SIX TIMES (assuming they offered 3 million). He finally has a "decent" year, and he's worth 12X his original value? I think he's confusing Seattle low balling him, and Detroit WAY over paying him.
He is no Percy.........

Laloosh

Reaction score
Scottemojo":164y2khp said:
Laloosh":164y2khp said:
Guy made some cool plays but he also came up short. Was re-watching the week 17 game against St. Louis last night and he was too slow/short to get to a deep ball that I couldn't help but think Harvin would have brought in at the 5:00 mark of Q1.

Sorry dude. Enjoy the bigger money in Detroit but do us all a favor and stay off of the airwaves if you're going to talk trash. Guy who admittedly did jack squat in his first two seasons. Talked about how patient the organization was with him, etc. Now he's "under valued".

Bye.

He had a hell of a game week 17. He was a punching bag for STL and he kept getting up. I have a hard time knocking him for one play in that game.

I completely agree about the game he had, Scotte. Felt that play highlighted what he does not bring to the game though. I think a bigger WR is the way to go.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":g5riy6pk said:
OFFER means nothing, guaranteed money is all that matters.

And..... Tate's offer was for $20M over 5 years with about 6M guaranteed. Tate even said this one year with the Lions would be more than the next 2 with Seattle.

Tate's numbers this year? $3.75M base, $1.6M bonus..

Tate was low-balled by us. Significantly.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I HATE TATE now that he threw former Teammates under the bus recently. He showed his true colors and they are Seahawk colors......Im going to send some nasty tweets his way since I know it upsets him.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Tate got shutdown by Arizona's DBs. Baldwin too.

Seattle needs bigger and faster WRs. Tate always had a lot of heart and became a solid WR, but he's not going to cut it against the NFC West. That's just fact. That Arizona game was painful to watch live because our WRs didn't get an inch of separation on one play all day.

This is one of those moves that's unpopular with fans but makes good football sense. He won't be hard to replace in the draft.

The one area we'll miss him is on kick returns. But we'll be okay. Someone will step up. Next man up.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HansGruber":15gazxlx said:
Tate got shutdown by Arizona's DBs. Baldwin too.

Seattle needs bigger and faster WRs. Tate always had a lot of heart and became a solid WR, but he's not going to cut it against the NFC West. That's just fact. That Arizona game was painful to watch live because our WRs didn't get an inch of separation on one play all day.

This is one of those moves that's unpopular with fans but makes good football sense. He won't be hard to replace in the draft.

The one area we'll miss him is on kick returns. But we'll be okay. Someone will step up. Next man up.
That game resonates as something that affected the decision give Tate a low value.

byau

Reaction score
Watching this season, I think Tate did a great job. Really durable, he took some hits. And he was like a mini-Beast mode always fighting for yards.

I could be misjudging slightly because Tate does not look like a big and strong receiver, and considering that he played above his physique because he took some hits. He made some really good grabs too.

It's too bad he thinks Seattle fans have turned on him, but those that rumble like that are the loudest ...

Tate, a lot of us appreciate what you did and sad to see you go - glad you're getting paid!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Pete Carroll on Tate's contract:

"Well, no, Golden was a terrific football player here and a great contributor, and he did everything he could just like he said he did, and the fact that the.. the reality of having to deal with the rules and the guidelines of the, you know, the cap business and all of the stuff that goes on financially, there's realities you have to face there and they're not always ones that are pleasant, and not everybody can understand how things are gonna work, so we have a real strategy, John Schneider's done a fantastic job of putting this thing together, so we've orchestrated the process to keep a really good team intact."

Read more: http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/onair/the ... z2wRkS30R9

Again, Seattle obviously made a business decision to protect its own interests. Not sure why anyone wants to put that on Tate.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3cdx8dwj said:
ImTheScientist":3cdx8dwj said:
I HATE TATE now that he threw former Teammates under the bus recently.

Who did he throw under the bus?

Percy Harvin and the organization... Heard a bit of it on 710am today. Disappointing really.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
DavidSeven":23d09vgq said:
Pete Carroll on Tate's contract:

"Well, no, Golden was a terrific football player here and a great contributor, and he did everything he could just like he said he did, and the fact that the.. the reality of having to deal with the rules and the guidelines of the, you know, the cap business and all of the stuff that goes on financially, there's realities you have to face there and they're not always ones that are pleasant, and not everybody can understand how things are gonna work, so we have a real strategy, John Schneider's done a fantastic job of putting this thing together, so we've orchestrated the process to keep a really good team intact."

Read more: http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/onair/the ... z2wRkS30R9

Again, Seattle obviously made a business decision to protect its own interests. Not sure why anyone wants to put that on Tate.

and not everybody can understand how things are gonna work,

Taking a little shot at Tate?

chef_dominick_oven_range_stir_md_wht.gif