Tate and Baldwin: Awesome at football, terrible at fantasy

bigwrm

Reaction score
I've seen some people complaining about the lack of separation by our wide receivers, but I think Tate and Baldwin have been excellent this year. Baldwin has been our most reliable receiver and had that amazing sideline catch last week and Tate has been up to his usual YAC magic. But in our run-first, clock-grinding offense, wide receivers are never going to put up huge numbers, especially with a quarterback that likes to spread the ball around and averages the 2nd fewest pass attempts in the league. Currently, Baldwin is on pace for 789 yds and 3 tds, while Tate is on pace for 629 yds and 3 tds. With Percy Harvin about to return, there will likely be even fewer touches to go around.

Any chance this helps drive down their price and makes it easier to re-sign them? I know their talent isn't a secret around the league but I'm really hoping we're able to hang on to both of these guys next year.

Seeker

Reaction score
There will be even more touches for golen and doug once the hawks offense gets its "PH balance".

kearly

Reaction score
Rice and Miller have looked good but expendable this season. Baldwin and Tate have not, they need to be locked up long term as soon as possible. Tate, Baldwin, and now Kearse- I did not watch Seahawks football in the 70s and 80s- but for me that might be the most dependable trio of receivers I've seen in Seahawks uniforms at the same time.