T-Jack Weight

Spectre

Reaction score
I was very impressed by our depth on Thursday, and I was happy to see T-Jack back, but has anyone noticed that it looks as though he's slimmed down? Does anyone know what he weighed in '11?

Also, Lotulelei (sp?) was probably the one I enjoyed watching most, though maybe it was because his hair makes him a more distinguishable figure.

Slick

Reaction score
Could be a change in diet and/or fitness approach. He also is much more comfortable in interviews this season IMHO. This may be because he was under so much scrutiny when he was anointed the starter in 2011. Good to see him having some success in the preseason.

pehawk

Reaction score
It's an entirely different mindset for starter and backup QB's. Especially in a situation where he's respected and appreciated. He's not Whitehurst, Hoyer, Quinn some douche going from team to team. Tjack earned this teams respect.

Hopefully we'll never have to see it, but Tjack's a top 5 back up (for the Seahawks). Period, end of story, shut your mouth. When/if he ever has to enter a game, there's no pressure and he'll be surrounded by teammates who'd run through a brick wall for him.

Maybe in a few years Tjack can get another shot. Yeah, he didn't do too well in the opportunities afforded him, but they we're tough situations.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Don't think T-Jack will ever get another opportunity to become a starter out of training camp.
Just too many turnovers in this position. That said, I'm glad he is our back up ...
Dang, we could have had guys like ... Whitehurst, Tebow, Sanchez, Matt Moore, ... etc as backup ... now, that would stink.
Quinn looked decent as well. If he doesn't stick around with the Hawks, he might get a job after being released.
Joe

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, T-Jack has never proven he can win in the clutch. He did look good vs. the Chargers though, but not enough to all the sudden be considered a great qb, or even a great backup.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":eob31vec said:
No doubt, T-Jack has never proven he can win in the clutch. He did look good vs. the Chargers though, but not enough to all the sudden be considered a great qb, or even a great backup.

Yeah, because the league is just full of backups that are "clutch". This place is so fun to read some time. They are backups for a reason. If you don't think he's a top 5 backup here, in Seattle, with this systems and this locker room, you are simply not paying attention. Top 5 makes you a great backup.

pehawk

Reaction score
mjwhitay":69m2fvch said:
SoulfishHawk":69m2fvch said:

Yeah, because the league is just full of backups that are "clutch". This place is so fun to read some time. They are backups for a reason. If you don't think he's a top 5 backup here, in Seattle, with this systems and this locker room, you are simply not paying attention. Top 5 makes you a great backup.

Great point! Maybe the post of the year. You've totally swayed me.

Why shouldn't we as fans demand similarity to the late-90's 49ers? They had Steve Young backing up Montana, there's no reason we cant.

You think the Giants would trade Eli or something?

Jville

Reaction score
106210.jpg
Quarterback Tarvaris Jackson called his decision to return to Seattle a year after he was traded "a no-brainer." (AP)
[urltargetblank]http://mynorthwest.com/422/2332952/Seattle-has-become-an-appealing-NFL-destination[/urltargetblank]

Throwdown

Reaction score
I have a feeling the rest of TJacks career, if he sticks around could be like that Collins dude who played for the Redskins.

Knew the system inside and out, had the respect and admiration of his teammates, the trust of the coaching staff. Hopefully never sees the field, but honestly I'd be comfortable with a guy who lead a less talented team than we have now to an extremely slightly below average record while Russ was on the mend.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I have been watching QBs for years and through careful observation that without a doubt, unequivocally I can tell you that per man that on the whole we can all agree that inch by inch, day by day, what we think we see is up to interpretation.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3tfmr2gr said:
I have been watching QBs for years and through careful observation that without a doubt, unequivocally I can tell you that per man that on the whole we can all agree that inch by inch, day by day, what we think we see is up to interpretation.

:hmmmm:

ivotuk

Reaction score
I am so glad Jackson is back. Huge fan, part time critic, but if he is able to play loose like he did in San Diego, he is definitely to five in the back up category.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm entitled to my opinion, he looked great. I just don't feel like he's a great QB, that's all. It's ok, the world will continue. And I know plenty about football, god forbid someone have an opinion. I hope he plays like that every damn time out, he's a Hawk, and a good guy. Just because I'm not impressed with him as a QB, doesn't mean I lack knowledge of football. And I never said he wasn't a good backup, he just has never won in the clutch. Hopefully we never have to find out if he can, and this team is clearly better than the team he played for his last stint with the Hawks. You think whatever you want, that's fine, doesn't matter, you have your mind made up about me and my "lack of knowledge" :roll:

Throwdown

Reaction score
We're talking about a back up QB here, you're not getting great, rarely do you get decent, most times you get ok or crappy or worse, Brady Quinn.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough, and yes he's a good option as a backup. Plenty of teams are in a much worse situation. I get it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":19cuglc8 said:
I'm entitled to my opinion, he looked great. I just don't feel like he's a great QB, that's all. It's ok, the world will continue. And I know plenty about football, god forbid someone have an opinion. I hope he plays like that every damn time out, he's a Hawk, and a good guy. Just because I'm not impressed with him as a QB, doesn't mean I lack knowledge of football. And I never said he wasn't a good backup, he just has never won in the clutch. Hopefully we never have to find out if he can, and this team is clearly better than the team he played for his last stint with the Hawks. You think whatever you want, that's fine, doesn't matter, you have your mind made up about me and my "lack of knowledge" :roll:
Well, it did take long damn time for you to admit Russell Wilson was Truth, so there is that little piece of evidence. I mean, you didn't go boom like CBoom, but you railed pretty hard, not just for Matt Flynn, but against RW with the standard party lines.

I know one thing, when we signed Quinn, I was skurred. When we signed Jackson, I was relieved.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
??? I don't remember being against RW at all, may have me confused with someone else. Oh well. I do remember thinking they should give Flynn a chance DURING THE PRE-SEASON, but it didn't take even until the end of the pre-season and the first game of the season to know Wilson was the guy. Plus, Flynn had the shoulder thing anyway. Rallied hard against RW? I doubt it, but if I did, I certainly don't remember it, and I clearly was on crack if that's what happened :mrgreen:
My point being, I love RW as a QB, and have since game 1 of last season. Shoot, it was obvious before the pre-season ended that he was clearly the better option for the team. I mean the guy is the real deal, it became obvious fairly early. Especially when they finally let him loose. Seems like nothing I ever say on here is good enough, so I'm used to it by now. It's a fun place to talk football and read up on our Hawks, so I always come back. I already was told I have a "sense of entitlement" because I'm a season ticket holder and I dared to comment on someone asking about the season ticket gift and bags. Was told I "think I'm above people" because I said I don't do Twitter. I laugh about it now, but geezus, I'm not that way in the least. Anyone who actually knows me can vouch for that.