Surprise Roster spots

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
We have a thread for surprise roster cuts so who are the surprise additions? Those underdogs who everyone assumed were just Camp bodies? Last year it was Poona.

Jville

Reaction score
At 366 pounds, 6'3' Bryan Mone would be a big surprise.

He looked good verses Denver. But there is that history of looking at rookie 340+ pound 3-4 nose tackles only to release them prior to the regular season. But, if we see a return to a heavy DL rotation reminiscent of 2013, he could surprise. After all, a sub 6 foot tackle fought his way onto the team last year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think Calitro continues to ball out this pre-season and make it impossible to cut him come final cutdowns...........which would probably push out Jacob Martin and BBK to the practice squad.

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":bf9sfgq6 said:
I think Calitro continues to ball out this pre-season and make it impossible to cut him come final cutdowns...........which would probably push out Jacob Martin and BBK to the practice squad.
Agreed - I think probably BBK goes practice squad. Is this Calitro's 3rd year? He kind of feels like a AAAA player. Does really well in pre-season and mostly meh in regular season. I can't remember if he plays a bunch on special teams.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MissoulaHawkFan":1xzrt37x said:
Sgt. Largent":1xzrt37x said:
Agreed - I think probably BBK goes practice squad. Is this Calitro's 3rd year? He kind of feels like a AAAA player. Does really well in pre-season and mostly meh in regular season. I can't remember if he plays a bunch on special teams.

He does play special teams, and yes he isn't flashy or even makes huge plays. He's just one of those dudes that balls out, plays the right way, and you look up after the game's over and he has 10 tackles.

Which is what will make it hard for Pete to cut him. Calitro is a guy Pete can trust backing up and spot starting.......which is a VERY real possibility with KJ coming off an injury and Kendricks trial date looming.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1z8ixpic said:

No way in heck Martin gets pushed off the 53, let alone by Calitro. We need all the pass rushers we can get, and right now Martin is our #2 edge guy.

kf3339

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3mts8e9d said:
Sgt. Largent":3mts8e9d said:

No way in heck Martin gets pushed off the 53, let alone by Calitro. We need all the pass rushers we can get, and right now Martin is our #2 edge guy.

^This.

That's not happening at all.

TreeRon

Reaction score
chris98251":v5g3tswk said:
Jazz Ferguson.

Not a surprise really, as there is NO way Seattle wants to see this guy on an opposing team.

chris98251

Reaction score
TreeRon":3n8hqh75 said:
chris98251":3n8hqh75 said:
Jazz Ferguson.

Not a surprise really, as there is NO way Seattle wants to see this guy on an opposing team.

To me it is not, I wanted him pre draft, but since he is a UDFA that's the surprise part on paper.

HawkGA

Reaction score
kf3339":hxzvkt54 said:
FlyingGreg":hxzvkt54 said:
Sgt. Largent":hxzvkt54 said:

^This.

That's not happening at all.

Double this.

xray

Reaction score
chris98251":20bcc8na said:
TreeRon":20bcc8na said:
chris98251":20bcc8na said:
Jazz Ferguson.

To me it is not, I wanted him pre draft, but since he is a UDFA that's the surprise part on paper.

We will know more after Sunday ; but Ferguson just might turn out to be better than Metcalf in the long run. I know that's a reach but very possible , IMO

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3t9zv8k1 said:

Holy hell.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
xray":1yggtcxi said:
chris98251":1yggtcxi said:
TreeRon":1yggtcxi said:
chris98251":1yggtcxi said:
Jazz Ferguson.

We will know more after Sunday ; but Ferguson just might turn out to be better than Metcalf in the long run. I know that's a reach but very possible , IMO

Or he is this years Kasen Williams

Latest posts