Superbowl, possibility of a change of date

Nearpost

Reaction score
The media is having a frenzy over the possibility of a date change. i'm suspicious of all the hype, so I have looked around for bookies odds on this. I can't find any. Anybody out there seen a book on this?They offer odds on everything else.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I would think Vegas would poo a purple Twinkie if they change the date due to weather cause I think that might mess up the books(Maybe not IDK). I know the NFL said they have a contingency plan but I have a hard time imagining them telling all the fans to "Get bent! We are playing this thing next week" although, slimey exec might go for it if the revenues from tickets and such aren't huge.

I don't think it'll be moved at all.

OP
OP
N

Nearpost

Reaction score
I agree 12th, maybe Vegas would embarrass the media if they offered 50/1 or whatever the mathematical probability is. Therefore, there is no book.

253hawk

Reaction score
I don't think it will be a problem. Even if there's snow during the game, it would take something like the tuck rule game to have any significant impact.

If it happened, Joseph W. Mrozek, the deputy commissioner of the New Jersey Transportation Department, said 821 trucks would be ready for snow duty within 30 miles of the stadium and an additional 2,400 trucks could be called in from elsewhere in the state. In New York, the officials said, 2,000 garbage trucks that double as plows would be standing by, along with 440 salt spreaders and more than 230 front-loaders.

The stadium itself has six plows, 30 front-loaders and 12 trucks to haul snow in addition to the 600-tons-an-hour melter and a couple of smaller ones, and the stadium went through what amounted to a dress rehearsal in the snowy weather last weekend. Brad Mayne, the president and chief executive of the stadium, said crews cleared and melted 5,000 tons of snow from the parking lots.

Msfann

Reaction score
It would be a nightmare for fans who took vacation, booked hotels etc if it was delayed to another date. I just don't see that happening.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Ah. the NFL. They wanted a cold weather Super Bowl. Now they have one. This is delightful. I doubt this will ever happen again.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
StorytellerMatt":208xjrih said:
Ah. the NFL. They wanted a cold weather Super Bowl. Now they have one. This is delightful. I doubt this will ever happen again.

No, they did not WANT a cold weather Super Bowl. That was the justification Goodell gave by the other owners caving under to the pressure given by the deal to build Metlife. Honestly, I am curious as to whether the NFL powers to be are not pulling for crappy weather themselves as a tool to avoid these sites in the future. Very few NFL cities have the full requirements available to fully support the NFL's premier event. Miami and New Orleans lead the way.

But, I agree with what I assume you were implying. I too am wishing for the worst in weather, and not only for the political reasons, but because I know it would greatly play into "our" Seahawks' hands.

Shock2k

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":33ru4jx4 said:
StorytellerMatt":33ru4jx4 said:

No, they did not WANT a cold weather Super Bowl. That was the justification Goodell gave by the other owners caving under to the pressure given by the deal to build Metlife. Honestly, I am curious as to whether the NFL powers to be are not pulling for crappy weather themselves as a tool to avoid these sites in the future. Very few NFL cities have the full requirements available to fully support the NFL's premier event. Miami and New Orleans lead the way.

But, I agree with what I assume you were implying. I too am wishing for the worst in weather, and not only for the political reasons, but because I know it would greatly play into "our" Seahawks' hands.

Agreed this is the powers that be in New York coming up for air from sniffing their own farts to insist the a SB be played there.

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
As a fan can we sue the NFL? as an advertiser can we sue the NFL? as a player can we sue the NFL? ... The reason I ask is that this date, location and such has been know for atleast 11 months - maybe longer... Now if fans or players are in danger then duh move the time or day but other than that play the game.

chris98251

Reaction score
The won't move the date, too much money on it, the stadium sales pale to the advertising money that would be lost, the historical significence alone of that kind of game will be talked about for years after.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":3lrv057v said:
I too am wishing for the worst in weather, and not only for the political reasons, but because I know it would greatly play into "our" Seahawks' hands.

Long time lurker, but I had to say...I really like this guy.

Exittium

Reaction score
Mike 4G":17ql5x07 said:
AsylumGuido":17ql5x07 said:
I too am wishing for the worst in weather, and not only for the political reasons, but because I know it would greatly play into "our" Seahawks' hands.

Long time lurker, but I had to say...I really like this guy.

Guido is our best other team fan .netter I myself am always happy to see him as he give me a shed of hope that there's a few smart/sincere fans out there from other teams.