Super Bowl XLIX- Info, Commentators, Refs,Halftime Show,etc.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Add on to this thread as you get more info!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XLIX

For the second season in a row, but only the third time in 21 seasons, the number one seed from each conference met in the league championship. This will also be the first time in 10 years that an NFL team has made consecutive appearances in the Super Bowl since the Patriots played in Super Bowls XXXVIII and XXXIX in 2004 and 2005, respectively. Super Bowl XLIX will be the Seahawks' second consecutive Super Bowl appearance, having beaten the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII in 2014.

This will be the second Super Bowl contested at University of Phoenix Stadium, which hosted Super Bowl XLII in February 2008, and the third Super Bowl contested in the Phoenix area, as Super Bowl XXX was held at Sun Devil Stadium in nearby Tempe in January 1996.

NBC set the sales rate for a 30-second advertisement at US$4 million, matching the price set by Fox for Super Bowl XLVIII. NBC began selling advertising for the game in May 2014 and announced it had sold out on December 3.

Play-by-play announcers: Al Michaels
Color commentators: Cris Collinsworth
Sideline reporters: Michele Tafoya
Pregame hosts: Bob Costas and Dan Patrick
Pregame analysts: Tony Dungy, Rodney Harrison and ketchup boy Hines Ward
Trophy presentation: Dan Patrick

Officials
Referees – Bill Vinovich
Umpire – Bill Schuster
Head Linesman – Dana McKenzie
Line Judge – Mark Perlman
Field Judge – Bob Waggoner
Side Judge – Tom Hill
Back Judge – Terrence Miles

Pregame:
Idina Menzel will perform the national anthem, and John Legend will perform “America the Beautiful.”[3]

Halftime show:
Billboard announced that Katy Perry will perform at halftime and the NFL confirmed the announcement on November 23, 2014.On January 10, 2015, Perry announced that Lenny Kravitz would make an appearance at the halftime show.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
As it relates to officiating.....I saw a lot of 'let 'em play' in both Conference Championship games yesterday and expect more of that in XLIX, at least I'm hoping so.

Chawks1

Reaction score
I believe we are 5-0 with Venovich officiating with a couple 20+ pt wins. This is a good sign.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
B7r5-07CUAEo0v2.png

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Over 4 season I would buy 3 rushing TDs. Brady is good at the sneaks from the half yard line.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
SilkMonkey":286t1fgx said:
Over 4 season I would buy 3 rushing TDs. Brady is good at the sneaks from the half yard line.

Can't wait him to try that against us :)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1t4qricy said:
Officials
Referees – Bill Vinovich
Umpire – Bill Schuster

Side Judge – Tom Hill

Three of the seven officiated Super Bowl XL. :34853_doh:

Vinovich's own crew called 15 penalties against the Seahawks this year and just eight against our two opponents.

On the plus side, Seahawks are 7-1 when Vinovich is the referee. Patriots are 5-1 with Vinovich.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":22vcceuw said:
NJSeaHawk":22vcceuw said:
Officials
Referees – Bill Vinovich
Umpire – Bill Schuster

Side Judge – Tom Hill

Vinovich's own crew called 15 penalties against the Seahawks this year and just eight against our two opponents.

On the plus side, Seahawks are 7-1 when Vinovich is the referee. Patriots are 5-1 with Vinovich.

I think it's a good thing. They're already associated with that infamous officiating performance and wont want a repeat. Plus 5-0 with Vinovich since he returned to refereeing in 2012, including blowouts against the 49ers in 2012, Jags and Falcons in 2013 plus victories over the Broncos and Eagles this season. As for the officiating in those games, we might have been penalized more than the other teams but I can't remember having many qualms, I do remember Chip Kelly impersonating Jim Harbaugh though.

Of eight penalties in the Eagles game only one was on defense. Our offense were responsible for six of them.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":37r36osg said:
hawknation2015":37r36osg said:
NJSeaHawk":37r36osg said:
Officials
Referees – Bill Vinovich
Umpire – Bill Schuster

Side Judge – Tom Hill

I think it's a good thing. They're already associated with that infamous officiating performance and wont want a repeat. Plus 5-0 with Vinovich since he returned to refereeing in 2012, including blowouts against the 49ers in 2012, Jags and Falcons in 2013 plus victories over the Broncos and Eagles this season. As for the officiating in those games, we might have been penalized more than the other teams but I can't remember having many qualms, I do remember Chip Kelly impersonating Jim Harbaugh though.

Of eight penalties in the Eagles game only one was on defense. Our offense were responsible for six of them.

Good points. I just want to see holding called when it happens against Avril and Bennett. Avril was getting blatantly held multiple times by GB, but the referees seemed more content with calling defensive hands to the face than to acknowledge the holds.

Brithawk

Reaction score
Superbowl will be the Seahawks 639th game, they're currently 319 wins vs 319 losses, a Superbowl win will put the team over .500 for the first time in history

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Brithawk":2qzwdnns said:
Superbowl will be the Seahawks 639th game, they're currently 319 wins vs 319 losses, a Superbowl win will put the team over .500 for the first time in history

Almost feels like destiny eh?

Optimus25

Reaction score
for some reason when it's michaels and collinsworth it seems we are unbeatable. i freaking love nbc broadcasts. plus listening to al michaels over the past week on various sports radio shows has been really cool.

garrylt4

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2qmurork said:
:stirthepot:
According to the graphic, there times a coach has faced his predecessor in the Superbowl. All three times the coach in Pete's position beat the coach in Bill's position.

Latest posts