Strengths/Weakness of the Final Roster

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Knowing that Pete and John may still wheel and deal, Is the current roster a team that can compete? Where are the holes or weak spots?

My guess is the same concerns will be raised over center and cornerback, even with the Jones pickup.

LBer could be really good if Taylor improves in coverage; but off the line, we'll have great speed in the box and after the QB.

Thoughts?

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Chawker":1swrjv55 said:
The lack of depth at WR and LBer.

Do you think those will be addressed on the practice squad to a degree?

For instance, Bellore played well in preseason in the LBer spot, so that's depth right there.

What if they put Hart, Fuller, and another WR on the practice squad? These guys could have made the fringe of the final roster, so having a 16-man PS this year opens the door to more depth.

Or am I missing something? I certainly could be...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m thinking the keeping of 3 QB’s is to sneak one (probably Mannion) thru to the practice squad once they sign another cut teams player.

kf3339

Reaction score
Normally I would agree about the WR and LB. I would also still throw in the DT depth. But with two weeks and their ability to find trade partners, I think we will be fine. I still don't like our OC options, but PC seems to be fine with the two. I hope he is right.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m thinking the keeping of 3 QB’s is to sneak one (probably Mannion) thru to the practice squad once they sign another cut teams player.

chris98251

Reaction score
Three stages, Final cuts, PS guys and FA signings restructure final 53 and add and drop PS guys not to mention IR stash decisions for guys like Forsythe.

Chawker

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2dcwi533 said:

Mannion nor any of our QBs are subject to the waver wire. So this eliminates the sneaking portion of the show.

And yes, I agree that DT is also a area of concern.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This is a very top heavy roster. On paper, the starting 22 is a group that can compete for a championship.
Each starting position on offense and defense has a superstar to good level players. Corner is still the weakest position, and that's the biggest question mark.

However, the depth behind the starters is weak across the board. If/when we start losing guys to injuries, then the roster will be exposed.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Drugs, you guys are on DRUGS! The LBs are super durable and the back ups are freaking awesome!

Forget about DB depth, the starters suck more than a 3 dollar hooker trying to make the $1000 rent on the last day of the month!

Overall the team is in great shape, unless you are the 85 Bears, you will have a weakness. The Oline will be money and Carson will have his best year.

Start thinking Super Bowl!

toffee

Reaction score
Spohawks":2arbqp5h said:
Drugs, you guys are on DRUGS! The LBs are super durable and the back ups are freaking awesome!

Forget about DB depth, the starters suck more than a 3 dollar hooker trying to make the $1000 rent on the last day of the month!

Overall the team is in great shape, unless you are the 85 Bears, you will have a weakness. The Oline will be money and Carson will have his best year.

Start thinking Super Bowl!

landlord agreed to an extension?

xray

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3tyombxp said:
This is a very top heavy roster. On paper, the starting 22 is a group that can compete for a championship.
Each starting position on offense and defense has a superstar to good level players. Corner is still the weakest position, and that's the biggest question mark.

However, the depth behind the starters is weak across the board. If/when we start losing guys to injuries, then the roster will be exposed.
^
Depth is everything in a sport where injuries are common and expected .

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Chawker":2pgdha08 said:
Sports Hernia":2pgdha08 said:

Mannion nor any of our QBs are subject to the waver wire. So this eliminates the sneaking portion of the show.

And yes, I agree that DT is also a area of concern.
Are you sure, I know some of the rules concerning the practice squad have been changed. I could be wrong though.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Remember that we can activate two practice squad members each week this season up to twice each. Cade Johnson and Penny Hart are adding depth at WR, Rhattigan at LB, and we may have only kept 3 real DTs but there's another 3 on the practice squad.

Would you be concerned about those positions if those players were on the final roster? If not, then don't worry too much about them now. There's going to be a lot of roster juggling in the future and I imagine they will make dozens of moves over the course of this season to respond to injuries, covid and players that become available.

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":whcmk51a said:
Remember that we can activate two practice squad members each week this season up to twice each. Cade Johnson and Penny Hart are adding depth at WR, Rhattigan at LB, and we may have only kept 3 real DTs but there's another 3 on the practice squad.

Would you be concerned about those positions if those players were on the final roster? If not, then don't worry too much about them now. There's going to be a lot of roster juggling in the future and I imagine they will make dozens of moves over the course of this season to respond to injuries, covid and players that become available.

Aaron Fuller and Cody Thompson at WR, as well. The depth is much better now. And knowing we can activate players a couple times opens the door for more interaction between practice squad and active roster.

I'm still worried about CB, but otherwise, we have a solid team. Strengths are certainly QB/WR/RB on offense (I hope the line is stronger this year), and LBer and Safety on D. The DE position is possibly stronger--we'll see if Taylor can add some pressure/sacks and if the young guys improve, too.

Rat

Reaction score
It has to be CB. We have good depth at the pass rushing positions, but we're going to need them to bring it every week to offset that we have so few who can cover

sdog1981

Reaction score
This can't be the roster they attempt to roll into week one with. They don't have enough linebackers, DBs, and WRs for kick coverage. BBK, Barton and Bellor all had over 64% of special teams snaps last season the next closest player that is still on the team is Will Disley with 47%. Who is going to cover the kicks?

Rat

Reaction score
It has to be CB. We have good depth at the pass rushing positions, but we're going to need them to bring it every week to offset that we have so few who can cover

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I don't think carrying 3 QB's and 5 RB's is sustainable. At some point injury's will force there hand at those positions. Meaning if they have to bring in another WR or LB they will have to make room somewhere .

Latest posts