Steelers vs Bengals

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":21kqz7jr said:
Burfict is a disgrace to the league. Throw his ass out.
Maelstrom787":21kqz7jr said:
Burfict blew it. He ended up blowing it. Wish the dude could control himself.
Karma's a bitch.

peachesenregalia":21kqz7jr said:
Bungles threw the game here. Burfict needs to serve a lengthy suspension, he's a scumbag. Marvin Lewis should probably be fired, he just doesn't have what it takes to win in the post season.
Doubtful because Marvin works for cheap. The Brown family who owns the Bengals are the most tightwad owners in sports, along with the Nutting family who own the Pittsburgh Pirates, they charge players $1 for every towel they use, Marvin will NEVER be fired as long as he is under contract because the Bengals 1) simply aren't going to pay two head coaches and 2) they would probably have to pay anyone else more money.

chevelle03

Reaction score
peppersjap":r9pbuy44 said:
chevelle03":r9pbuy44 said:
Can't believe the Bengals just gifted them that game. What a pathetic franchise... poor Bengals fans.
The poor Bengals fans that cheer and throw water bottles at injured players. I hate Rothlisberger and the Steelers but that is a classless move by them.

Uh yeah, cuz the entire fan base did that....No obviously not those fans, but for the thousands of decent Bengals fans out there I have great pity.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Rob12":1z4y5ulo said:
Bengals need to decide if they want Marvin Lewis or Vontaze Burfict and Adam Jones.

Good grief, what a collapse. The Bengals are such an undisciplined, stupid team. Lewis is now 0-7 in the playoffs.

Good point. Marvin is 0-7, also Roethlisberger was 19-4 in their house entering the game, now 20-4, and I know the Bengals were so tight this week you couldn't drive a pin up their ass with a sledgehammer. They would have been better off if they were playing away. Less pressure. How did they win 12 in a row this season and mess up at the end?

James in PA

Reaction score
Still really pissed about that game. It was the "perfect storm" of the Stealers getting lucky, the Stealers getting their typical post season favorable treatment from the refs, and the Bungles playing completely stupid and undisciplined. Now, it would seem logical that the Stealers would get smoked against Denver. However, that franchise seems to really run with these lucky breaks. That, coupled with zebra love, could get them back to the big dance. And mark my words: Brown and the rapist are BOTH not missing the next game. Maybe one will be out, but I wouldn't be surprised if both play. "Concussion protocol" my ass. Brown will have a miraculous recovery (i.e. The league will look the other way on this one). And the rapist? Well as usual his injuries are greatly exaggerated. Carted off for what is probably a minor scrape on his shoulder. What a fat, pathetic drama queen. Carted off every damn game and then he's right back out there every time? Watching Stealers games with him is like watching the WWE.

randomation

Reaction score
peppersjap":l1o0bj0p said:
chevelle03":l1o0bj0p said:
Can't believe the Bengals just gifted them that game. What a pathetic franchise... poor Bengals fans.
The poor Bengals fans that cheer and throw water bottles at injured players. I hate Rothlisberger and the Steelers but that is a classless move by them.

You do know why that happened right? The uncalled spear on Geno which tomlin had the audacity to challenge for the fumble. I would have been pissed as well. That is also the exact moment the refs lost control when they didn't flag that or the dancing at mid field when Geno was still on the ground.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":8qvxwvcm said:
Cyrus12":8qvxwvcm said:
a single fg might win this...
Yupper. That game took about ten years off my life though.

hawkfannj":8qvxwvcm said:
Wow this officiating is a flat out bias joke it's pretty blatant .
I'd say we got jobbed out of a touchdown.

A Steelers fan calling out officiating...I hope your kidding...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
James in PA":25k0aog2 said:
Still really pissed about that game. It was the "perfect storm" of the Stealers getting lucky, the Stealers getting their typical post season favorable treatment from the refs, and the Bungles playing completely stupid and undisciplined. Now, it would seem logical that the Stealers would get smoked against Denver. However, that franchise seems to really run with these lucky breaks. That, coupled with zebra love, could get them back to the big dance. And mark my words: Brown and the rapist are BOTH not missing the next game. Maybe one will be out, but I wouldn't be surprised if both play. "Concussion protocol" my ass. Brown will have a miraculous recovery (i.e. The league will look the other way on this one). And the rapist? Well as usual his injuries are greatly exaggerated. Carted off for what is probably a minor scrape on his shoulder. What a fat, pathetic drama queen. Carted off every damn game and then he's right back out there every time? Watching Stealers games with him is like watching the WWE.

^ good post!! 100 percent agree!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
randomation":1zqqe9tb said:
peppersjap":1zqqe9tb said:
chevelle03":1zqqe9tb said:

You do know why that happened right? The uncalled spear on Geno which tomlin had the audacity to challenge for the fumble. I would have been pissed as well. That is also the exact moment the refs lost control when they didn't flag that or the dancing at mid field when Geno was still on the ground.

Audacity to challenge the fumble? Give me a break. Every last soul on here would be screaming for Pete to challenge that in the exact same situation.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
HawkGA":3ib658ec said:
It was a cool "catch" but looking on the replay (I only saw highlights on ESPN.com), the ball was moving and while he did eventually secure it, it wasn't until the point where he only had one foot in.

No.. That was a catch 100% ... Amazing what some of you think you saw.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
randomation":p53g236a said:
Cyrus12":p53g236a said:
That's because it WAS a fumble. The idiot refs blew the whistle early. Even the announcers said so.

Seanhawk":p53g236a said:
Audacity to challenge the fumble? Give me a break. Every last soul on here would be screaming for Pete to challenge that in the exact same situation.
Ambrose83":p53g236a said:
Well, that's because on this board hate for the Steelers trumps accurate calls by the refs.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1bx2tsq7 said:
HawkGA":1bx2tsq7 said:
It was a cool "catch" but looking on the replay (I only saw highlights on ESPN.com), the ball was moving and while he did eventually secure it, it wasn't until the point where he only had one foot in.

I am equally amazed at those that can't see the ball moving. So....

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":1vw0nru3 said:
randomation":1vw0nru3 said:
Cyrus12":1vw0nru3 said:
That's because it WAS a fumble. The idiot refs blew the whistle early. Even the announcers said so.

Seanhawk":1vw0nru3 said:

They needed to be quick with the whistle so as to avoid the impulse to throw the flag that should have been thrown.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":u2exzrq6 said:
randomation":u2exzrq6 said:
Cyrus12":u2exzrq6 said:

Seanhawk":u2exzrq6 said:

It was also a illegal hit leading with the crown of helmet and launching that would negate any fumble.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Bitter":36jqy262 said:
They needed to be quick with the whistle so as to avoid the impulse to throw the flag that should have been thrown.
I suppose that's true but they still blew the whistle early and it cost us a touchdown.

Regarding Burfict, since we see the Bungles a lot more than you do, here's a rundown:
2014 Put our starting RB LeVeon Bell on IR with a hit to the knee.
2015 Put our starting RB LeVeon Bell on IR with a hit to the knee.
2015 Knocked our QB out for four games with a hit to the knee.
2015 Playoff knocked our starting WR out with a hit to the head.

You might not like the Steelers, and I get that, but Burfict could just as easily be on the 49'ers or Vikings and doing the same thing to your players.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
homerun1970":5a9u722h said:
It was also a illegal hit leading with the crown of helmet and launching that would negate any fumble.
Only when it's a "defenseless receiver", once a player starts running with the ball then it's not a penalty. Don't you listen to the announcers at all?

homerun1970

Reaction score
If you want to call them announcers and it is illegal on anyone to lead with crown. I am not calling fo a hit on defenseless receiver maybe you outta study the other part of rules, you know the ones that arent applied to the stealers.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":1wmc9nqy said:
homerun1970":1wmc9nqy said:
Only when it's a "defenseless receiver", once a player starts running with the ball then it's not a penalty. Don't you listen to the announcers at all?

But he hit Bernard in the head. How is that within the rules? http://deadspin.com/giovani-bernard-and-the-unfortunate-hit-that-knocked-1752060073

For the record, I don't think the reffing was egregious. There were bad calls made that helped both sides, and I don't think either team ended up with a major advantage.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
thebanjodude":19k1hny9 said:
But he hit Bernard in the head. How is that within the rules? http://deadspin.com/giovani-bernard-and-the-unfortunate-hit-that-knocked-1752060073

For the record, I don't think the reffing was egregious. There were bad calls made that helped both sides, and I don't think either team ended up with a major advantage.

ARTICLE 8. INITIATING CONTACT WITH THE CROWN OF THE HELMET. It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team’s end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or tackler against an opponent shall not be a foul.

The Steelers had 10 penalties for 142 yards, the Bungles had 8 for 79. The penalty on Coach Munchak was bogus, he was simply trying to stop the Bengals player from hitting the wall and his hands got tangled in the player's hair. The refs missed another one at the end when Burfict, Jones, and a few other players ran off the field into the tunnel after Burfict's INT.

Latest posts