Start 3 rookie corners?

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
LMAO!! I Just got the feeling that Carroll wants to start those 3 rookie corners against Wilson. What does that say if Caroll does. To me it says Carroll thinks all 3 of these guys are special. It says he has unwavering confidence in all three corners, and it is a direct dare to Wilson. Guts baby!!!LMAO!! With Diggs and Adams as safety's that will be a positive. I just think the Hawks are going to put some pressure on Wilson and the secondary is going to have a big day.of course they will probably give Wilson a bunch of different looks so they won't be in nickel that much..

What do you guys think? Is it foolish to start all three rookie corners against Wilson?

I say do it baptism by fire!!

Go Hawks!

toffee

Reaction score
"IF" we start 3 rookie CBs, Geno as QB, and WIN. We shall be headline news with ALL national media experts eating the black birds, Pete will be the coach of the week, BUT quite sure some on dot net will find fault in individual player performances to pick on :)

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
It would absolutely tickle me to see us win with our 3 rookie CB's and Geno against new-structured-deal-to-help-his-new-team Russ, and PC will be praised for his CB whisperer ways again.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
"IF" we start 3 rookie CBs, Geno as QB, and WIN. We shall be headline news with ALL national media experts eating the black birds, Pete will be the coach of the week, BUT quite sure some on dot net will find fault in individual player performances to pick on :)
The Hawks could win in a 50-0 drubbing and posters on here would still find a way to blame Pete/Geno for a loss.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
3 rookie corners? Am I missing something? I thought Woolen and Bryant were the rookies...do we have a third?

But yes, that would be headline news.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
He must be talking about Joey Blount as #3. So, yeah, if they started him at CB, that would be crazy.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I thought the 3rd they were talking about was Mike Jackson? Technically he's still a rookie.

keasley45

Reaction score
The Hawks could win in a 50-0 drubbing and posters on here would still find a way to blame Pete/Geno for a loss.

It would be either because Pete ruined Russ and he's just a sad shell of himelself, or that we got lucky and Wilson was rusty because he didn't play in the preseason.

Or... that Jody (with an i) Allen was in Pete and Shane's headset and countermanding Pete's playcall meddling efforts.

All would somehow be more plausible than us just not being as bad as they think.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
yep I was talking about Jackson but Is he a rookie? I'm unsure, but the point is, he doesn't have much experience so he might as well be a rookie... He is a hell of a player !
Yeah, he was drafted in 2019 by the Cowboys, so technically he's still a rookie even though this isn't his first team.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
It would be either because Pete ruined Russ and he's just a sad shell of himelself, or that we got lucky and Wilson was rusty because he didn't play in the preseason.

Or... that Jody (with an i) Allen was in Pete and Shane's headset and countermanding Pete's playcall meddling efforts.

All would somehow be more plausible than us just not being as bad as they think.
what ever the case a victory against the Bronco's is what this team needs it would set the tone for the whole season.

I think we are watching something really special in the secondary. Not sure what Pete is going to do, i guess we will find out soon enough,

keasley45

Reaction score
what ever the case a victory against the Bronco's is what this team needs it would set the tone for the whole season.

I think we are watching something really special in the secondary. Not sure what Pete is going to do, i guess we will find out soon enough,
Agree. If we beat them, the next 5 games have a completely different look. Especially the tilt against the Cards, who will be without their top 2 Wrs and CB.

Fast, young, hungry and CONFIDENT. That mix, with a little momentum can offset a lot of the growing pains they'll experience adjusting to new systems on both sides of the ball.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, he was drafted in 2019 by the Cowboys, so technically he's still a rookie even though this isn't his first team.
So, what do you think, do you think it's a mistake to start the three young corners against Wilson?

BASF

Reaction score
So, what do you think, do you think it's a mistake to start the three young corners against Wilson?
It could be an advantage as Wilson would never have seen them in practice before. As much as I have discounted Wilson's ability to actually attack what the defense is giving him, he always prepared well against the tendencies that he was willing to exploit.

keasley45

Reaction score
Re the OP question... I think you start the guys who show the best, AND who have a knack for being sticky and mirroring and making up ground best. Russ gets on track if he can buy enough time for his wrs to find an opening 3 or 4 seconds after the snap. If Woolen and the crew can keep tight to their guys, it will be harder for Russ to make a play.

Jackson is a Baller. Bryant is as well. And Woolen is just a freak.

If they can start their careers with a win against Russell... against the qb who has been painted as the reason Seattle is no longer worth considering among the best...

That's a pretty big feather in their caps.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Agree. If we beat them, the next 5 games have a completely different look. Especially the tilt against the Cards, who will be without their top 2 Wrs and CB.

Fast, young, hungry and CONFIDENT. That mix, with a little momentum can offset a lot of the growing pains they'll experience adjusting to new systems on both sides of the ball.
Yes, i agree. The kicker is we don't know what the Hawks D is going to look like? I think it's going to be a variation of the 3-4.. Wilson doesn't know either...I just got the feeling that the Hawks have a pass rush surprise for Russ.. I have a really strong feeling that the seahawk pass rush is for real!

keasley45

Reaction score
Yes, i agree. The kicker is we don't know what the Hawks D is going to look like? I think it's going to be a variation of the 3-4.. Wilson doesn't know either...

True. But Wilson's game was never really exploiting a defense's tendencies. Chances were high that the play that was called was set aside for him to be his brilliant self. But it certainly will make it a challenge for their OC to make proper adjustments. And if their initial calls are off and they end up in a constant audible game, well that certainly puts more pressure on the QB with a play clock winding down.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Not at all. I like that, and personally think it would do wonders for the rookies to get actual experience and forge themselves into being better players sooner rather than being benchwarmers.