Stadium Expansion?

Ruminator

Reaction score
BocciHawk":pxlxt4bo said:
Jville":pxlxt4bo said:
As I read it, the 12th man flag would need to be moved.
BTW, I think that location would ROCK. The higher flagpole would ensure that the flag would catch a breeze or gust and be nice and visible right at the raising... with the current position occasionally the flag goes up and hangs limp. I hate that. Also the fans would get to interact with the raising in a really awesome way... I could see people wanting seats at the top of the south end zone so they could be near the flag and get to see all the awesome flag raisers each home game.

I love that visual image.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yep, echoing earlier posters. There were concerns in the early going about making sure games sold out so they could be on TV. There were concerns that with going outdoors that many of the older season ticket holders would not renew. (This was in fact a valid concern, as it turned out.) They did a lot of analysis to figure out the number of suites, club seats, and so forth, to maximize revenue and these don't count against blackouts... but 3k+ additional seats in the south 300 level would certainly have counted against blackouts, and they weren't sure that they'd be able to sell that many of the lowest price seats.

All the plans were done before the building was even started... the seats were subtracted from the building more than they are "missing" if you catch my drift.

I agree that it would take longer than most fans would want, but 2.5 years is pessimistic. I could see the additional seating being available for use in August 2015.

Just some educated guesses. (BTW, I have architectural drawings, as submitted, for one level of the stadium, in my office... I don't have the 300 level though.)

Skottt

Reaction score
Jville":27reu4lk said:
Skottt ..... it would appear you and I are not in the same lofty income bracket as chris98251.

chris is referring to a full blown simulator suitable for one's garage .... complete with mega speakers and amplifiers ...... a vibrating stadium seat and sub floor ...... and arsenal of bottled odors ..... beer and soda sprayers ....... the works.

Of course the lawyers are involved, so there are details to be worked out about the away game experience. You know ..... vulgar language ..... spit ..... physical beatings ..... those sorts of things.

I think my neighbors would be pissed if I had 137.6 db of noise shaking the building every home game, and the beast quake generator might scare the elderly folks and children!

You're right about the lawyers, they're what would really shut this down. The technology exists to get close to it, but I still say it wouldn't be the same as being there in person. The energy in that stadium when the 12's are on their game is just incomparable. It simply cannot be simulated!

chris98251

Reaction score
Skottt":30d6zu8m said:
Jville":30d6zu8m said:
Skottt ..... it would appear you and I are not in the same lofty income bracket as chris98251.

chris is referring to a full blown simulator suitable for one's garage .... complete with mega speakers and amplifiers ...... a vibrating stadium seat and sub floor ...... and arsenal of bottled odors ..... beer and soda sprayers ....... the works.

Of course the lawyers are involved, so there are details to be worked out about the away game experience. You know ..... vulgar language ..... spit ..... physical beatings ..... those sorts of things.

I think my neighbors would be pissed if I had 137.6 db of noise shaking the building every home game, and the beast quake generator might scare the elderly folks and children!

You're right about the lawyers, they're what would really shut this down. The technology exists to get close to it, but I still say it wouldn't be the same as being there in person. The energy in that stadium when the 12's are on their game is just incomparable. It simply cannot be simulated!

Agreed can't be simulated but as a alternative for those that can't afford the real experience or travel time it's another market that can bring the game experience as close as you can to being there versus watching announcers and the networks.