Stadium District

Seaswab

Reaction score
You may not be aware, but the City of Seattle is looking to enhance the Stadium District. Which, compared to others around the country, ours sucks.

If you feel the area around the stadiums could improve, and would like to voice your support for this plan, there is a quick survey you can fill out in the attached link. I would encourage you to do so.

http://www.seattle.gov/dpd/cityplanning ... efault.htm

chris98251

Reaction score
Hmm is this a secondary plan with the Arena in Mind and someone looking to capitalize on Hansens coat tails?

OP
OP
S

Seaswab

Reaction score
chris98251":qevo5e9f said:
Hmm is this a secondary plan with the Arena in Mind and someone looking to capitalize on Hansens coat tails?

Its not really related to the arena. I think this would be happening regardless.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Seaswab":1ffbnel0 said:
chris98251":1ffbnel0 said:

Its not really related to the arena. I think this would be happening regardless.

Yah...right! And I've got a bridge to sell you that goes over the Narrows in Tacoma. :roll:

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The only thing I care about the Stadium District is which dive-bar floorboards I'm gonna spray my fluids into. You feelin me, people?

OP
OP
S

Seaswab

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2xb8sxh2 said:
Seaswab":2xb8sxh2 said:
chris98251":2xb8sxh2 said:

Yah...right! And I've got a bridge to sell you that goes over the Narrows in Tacoma. :roll:

If you read through the information, the process was really started by the Seahawks and Mariners. But hey what do I know. Read the information and make your own conclusions.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't think it would have been brought up buy either franchise since both stadiums were built on the tax payers backs. So much of Hansens proposals are area improvements that he is contributing to and has bought the properties. His desighn also included upgrades to highways and facilities to grow the entertainment sector of the district. This proposal sounds like a adaption to get Hotels and entertainment in the vacinity closer to the Mariners and Seahawks area rather then down the street by the proposed arena. You know build it and get top end big name business and restaraunts in before Hansen does his thing. Btter to have a Hard Rock Cafe between Safeco Field and CenturyLink then by Hansens arena. Who is backing the guy is the real question.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Done. I was cordial, but firm in my opinion about how lame the tailgating restrictions in particular are.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seaswab":1x0v1c80 said:
You may not be aware, but the City of Seattle is looking to enhance the Stadium District. Which, compared to others around the country, ours sucks.

If you feel the area around the stadiums could improve, and would like to voice your support for this plan, there is a quick survey you can fill out in the attached link. I would encourage you to do so.

http://www.seattle.gov/dpd/cityplanning ... efault.htm
How about building an NHL ready arena?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Speaking of the OPPOSITE of improvements, what's the story with the stupid mirror building going up north of the CLink that totally blocks the view of downtown? Who approved that abortion? I hadn't been to a game in a couple years but I was at the Jags game this season and I was like, WTF man?

therealsm

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2eb0c19i said:
Speaking of the OPPOSITE of improvements, what's the story with the stupid mirror building going up north of the CLink that totally blocks the view of downtown? Who approved that abortion? I hadn't been to a game in a couple years but I was at the Jags game this season and I was like, WTF man?
it's an apartment building: http://www.stadiumplace.com

BocciHawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":jdvn6xwq said:

Without that building the Clink is never built... the Kingdome had a smaller footprint in terms of north to south and they needed some city property to be able to build the Clink. First and Goal made an accommodation to have that building placed in the north lot, with a mix of retail, market priced housing, and affordable housing, and that was partially in trade for north lot real estate that became the north plaza inside the stadium gates... There's a lot of detail on this if you research it.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I think the mirror building is going to end up looking pretty awesome next to the stadium. That, and I don't think it will completely block the city view, depending on where your seats are.

And who decided there was something wrong with our "Stadium District," anyway? It's in a good location to walk right into the city (unlike many teams that have stadiums waaay outside of town), right next to the ferry terminal, plenty of free/cheap parking all around, bars, and reasonably easy freeway access.

Thanks for the info and posting that link, though.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
You haven't traveled to many other NFL stadiums if you think Seattle's Stadium District "sucks".

That is just laughable, at best.

OP
OP
S

Seaswab

Reaction score
minormillikin":kw8q9k1q said:
I think the mirror building is going to end up looking pretty awesome next to the stadium. That, and I don't think it will completely block the city view, depending on where your seats are.

And who decided there was something wrong with our "Stadium District," anyway? It's in a good location to walk right into the city (unlike many teams that have stadiums waaay outside of town), right next to the ferry terminal, plenty of free/cheap parking all around, bars, and reasonably easy freeway access.

Thanks for the info and posting that link, though.

I have actually, but if you enjoy alleys with loading docks, feel free to express your opinion in the survey. But dont tell me where ive been or havent been. Thanks

rastahawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":10jbc1zz said:
You haven't traveled to many other NFL stadiums if you think Seattle's Stadium District "sucks".

That is just laughable, at best.

Went to Candlestick last year for the first time - that sucked. Unless you're into skipping rocks along the ocean shore.

I live an hour from Qualcom, that's another gem of a "district" unless you're in to cris-crossing freeways around the stadium.

At least from CLink I can walk into town and take my pick of restaurants to have a post game meal.

Subzero717

Reaction score
What is wrong with Clinks stadium district? Besides no tailgating? Its actually pretty awesome IMO.

Yes I too think the condo they are building in the north lot that blocks the view of other condos is stupid too.:shock:

Latest posts