Speculation: End of Mebane?

KK84

Reaction score
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Basis4day

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":2hr4p924 said:
lol I love Mebane and I would hate to see him go

I was just speculating

And the rational for this move is...?

Mebane:
7/29/2011: Signed a five-year, $25 million contract. The deal contains $9 million guaranteed, including a $1 million signing bonus and each of Mebane's 2011 and 2012 base salaries. 2013: $5 million, 2014-2015: $5.5 million, 2016: Free Agent

Clem:
7/23/2012: Signed a three-year, $22 million contract. The deal contains $10 million guaranteed -- a $6.5 million signing bonus, Clemons' first-year base salary, and $1.5 million of his second-year salary. Another $4 million is available through sack-based escalators. 2013: $6 million, 2014: $7.5 million, 2015: Free Agent

Where did this "speculation" come from?

CANHawk

Reaction score
I just bought a new spare tire for my car. Next logical move is clearly to go throw my steering wheel in the river....

pinksheets

Reaction score
CANHawk":1y5qxcfr said:
I just bought a new spare tire for my car. Next logical move is clearly to go throw my steering wheel in the river....
Throw Matt Flynn in the river and see if a 5th round pick washes up on shore a few days later.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Bane equates to a keystone in run defense right there at the very center. Absolutely not. There's a very steep drop off when he leaves the field for an oxygen tank and teams know it. They go right for that subbed player in that A gap.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Mebane isn't going anywhere. He's our ace-in-the-hole NT, and there's no up-and-comer at the position currently on the roster. Mebane has been a great performer in his role, particularly as a run-stopper, and Avril has no impact on that as those are 2 completely different positions. Mebane is as safe as Russell Wilson. This thread is completely mute.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I had thought that we might be looking at DT Kawann Short at #25, but am stoked by our free agent pick-ups. An inside pass rush is what we need now. I hope we can keep Branch and draft a young 3 Tech or versatile DT.

The weak side linebacker is also a concern. I would still be ok with Hill and the backups, but let's get a good linebacker and corner too, in the draft. An OL would be great too...

I have been a fan since '76. I really think this will be the best team ever and really expect them to win the Superb Owl.

Go Hawks!!!

SuperFreak

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: We should cut Russell Wilson too, he is taking up so much cap space. :sarcasm_off:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SuperFreak":2vynuj36 said:
:sarcasm_on: We should cut Russell Wilson too, he is taking up so much cap space. :sarcasm_off:

Yeah better get that done now, so we don't need to sweat it later.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Can we please lock this thread up so visitors don't automatically think we are stupid?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":33s7u65r said:
With the signing of Avril I can only wonder who is going to get cut . I thought clemons but Im pretty sure cutting him wouldnt make financial sense and same with Bryant.
Mebane is due 6 mil this season with only 600,000 in dead money , meaning we would save 5.4 m in cap space. I'd hate to see him go , but with our Front office . you never know.

Yeah i don't know about that Mebane is a major part of the D line there's no way they let him go if anything they let big Clem go at the end of the year I don't see them cutting anyone major right now by the look of the deal Averil took a big pay cut of what he probably would of got. i think he wants that superbowl he did play for the lions for five seasons and only one of them was a winning season plus when the two years is up he'll still only be 29 and I think he's lookin to bulk up his stats to get a bigger pay day n thats all good with me.

jkitsune

Reaction score
CANHawk":2wpsb08t said:
This is exactly what I've been thinking with all of these threads. Not every signing is immediately followed by cutting someone who plays the same position.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2begnz2f said:
This is crazy talk.

Surely John Schneider is the one getting cut. Paul Allen can no longer afford his salary.

I agree this reminds me of the assinine thoughts that because Percy Signed that we're going to cut Rice. Totally ludicirous.

Latest posts