Sounders Season Thread ***YEDLIN SOLD***

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I wonder if the Sounders are considering making a push for Didier Drogba. They have good amount of money now. Drogba did say that he would consider coming to the MLS. If Oba leaves, could be a possibility. I believe Drogba is playing for Galatasaray. Could the Sounders buy his contract from them? Do they have enough money for that?

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Looks like the Oba to Rizespor deal has fallen through. Oba only wanted an 8 game loan, Rizespor wanted a full transfer.....its reported they also couldn't pay the transfer fee we required.

knownone

Reaction score
I don't think there was ever anything to the Oba/turkey rumors.

West Ham on the other hand... Looks like a forgone conclusion.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
knownone":1csonl60 said:
I don't think there was ever anything to the Oba/turkey rumors.

West Ham on the other hand... Looks like a forgone conclusion.

Yeah, West Ham I always thought was more likely if it was a loan situation...but when it looked like a sale I thought there was something too the Turkey rumor.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Mario Martinez tweeted today that today has come one step closer to returning to Seattle.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Erik Friberg will be in Seattle over the weekend. Not sure if just visiting former teammates or if this is a trip about his future.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
I have no idea what to make of the upcoming season.

After the playoffs, I finally joined the Sigi out camp, and wanted EJ to stay. That said, I completely understand why it went the opposite way, and have enough faith in Hanaeur that it will be the right move.

I'm still not sure what to make of the back line, but the home stretch of last season did not inspire any confidence.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Sounders have reportedly offered HomeGrown Player contracts to Academy players: FWD Sean Okoli, FWD Darwin Jones and Def/Mid Aaron Kovar.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Marcus Hahnemann has been re-signed.

Sounders also signed HomeGrown Players Aaron Kovar and Sean Okoli.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Rumor: In a cap space move it looks like the Sounders are sending Jhon Kennedy Hurtado and Patrick Ianni to Chicago for Right Back Jalil Anibaba. Hurtado and Ianni make $340,000 between the two of them.

It is also rumored that the Sounders are signing Mid Fielder, and former Chicago Fire man Marco Pappa.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Official:

Sounders trade CB's Patrick Ianni and Jhon Kennedy Hurtado along with their 13th selection in the Superdraft for RB/CB Janil Anibaba, The 8th selection in the Superdraft and a conditional pick.

Great trade.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Any trade that removes those two liabilities from the pitch for Seattle is going to get a thumbs up from me.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Anibaba is a natural CB from what I read so I am looking forward to watching if our two young defenders at CB and RB can create a dynamic force that we have been missing.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1f6f4g37 said:
Any trade that removes those two liabilities from the pitch for Seattle is going to get a thumbs up from me.

I knew you'd be happy with the move Jay!

lol

Seems like a good move to me.

Anibaba pairs better with Marshall than the others we have. We now have a quick, physical, athletic CB who can pair with our two more tenured field veteran type players (Marshall and Traore).

Also saves cap room so we can go get a Mario Martinez, a Marco Pappa, a Steffan Haggen....or maybe all three (I would be in dream land).

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MN soccer star (and former Mn Thunder Academy player, and opponent of yours truly's team on several occassions) Eric Miller drafted #5 by Montreal

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Seattle took two CB's today in Damion Lowe and Jimmy Ockford.