Sounders Season Thread ***YEDLIN SOLD***

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Ugh. This week has been our season in a nutshell. Play well then go through a killer lapse.

At least the lights stayed on and the field looked professional.

And in the spirit of good sportsmanship, nice game..

Still hope you choke in the playoffs, though. ;)

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":31uzwfmn said:
Ugh. This week has been our season in a nutshell. Play well then go through a killer lapse.

I would say the same to you timber fan, but it looks like your playoff run was one and done last season. :stirthepot: :thirishdrinkers:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":tge8w2t0 said:
Sarlacc83":tge8w2t0 said:

I would say the same to you timber fan, but it looks like your playoff run was one and done last season. :stirthepot: :thirishdrinkers:

The memories of ass kicking the Sounders out of the playoffs last year still keeps me warm at night. :thirishdrinkers:

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":35twxgcu said:
CurryStopstheRuns":35twxgcu said:
Sarlacc83":35twxgcu said:

The memories of ass kicking the Sounders out of the playoffs last year still keeps me warm at night. :thirishdrinkers:

Well, that's good news then. You can talk about it and reminisce while watching the Sounders in the playoffs, this year.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
hawkfan68":28j5ao2z said:
Nice win. However, they had some nice chances early but Chad Barrett doesn't know the difference between red/black and green kits. The Sounders were wearing green, Chad. Chad would kill any opportunities by giving away passes.

Barrett's lost some form for sure. You could see shades of it the other night in the US Open Cup...and honestly I think part of it is Mental. I think he's trying a little bit too hard out there and not letting it come naturally. He's forcing the issue too much. He's worried he's going to lose a bunch of minutes with Oba and Clint coming back.

Our team is just super talented. We are playing so well right now. We have 15 players that I'd be ok starting every week.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Smurf":1z2qkydc said:
hawkfan68":1z2qkydc said:
Nice win. However, they had some nice chances early but Chad Barrett doesn't know the difference between red/black and green kits. The Sounders were wearing green, Chad. Chad would kill any opportunities by giving away passes.

Barrett's lost some form for sure. You could see shades of it the other night in the US Open Cup...and honestly I think part of it is Mental. I think he's trying a little bit too hard out there and not letting it come naturally. He's forcing the issue too much. He's worried he's going to lose a bunch of minutes with Oba and Clint coming back.

Our team is just super talented. We are playing so well right now. We have 15 players that I'd be ok starting every week.

Ya...I agree. Depth on this team is really good.

rightbench

Reaction score
Smurf wrote:

hawkfan68 wrote:

Ya...I agree. Depth on this team is really good.

Man,

If we can start 15 players every week I'd be stoked!

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
5 Sounders named to the MLS All Star game vs Bayern Munich.

Clint Dempsey
Oba Martins
DeAndre Yedlin
Ozzie Alonso
Chad Marshall

Most in the league, most in Sounders history.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Smurf":3kx9dxnp said:

Clint Dempsey
Oba Martins
DeAndre Yedlin
Ozzie Alonso
Chad Marshall

All deserving but Pineda should have been on that list too. He's played like an all-star as well.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
hawkfan68":26ntwqfj said:
Smurf":26ntwqfj said:

Clint Dempsey
Oba Martins
DeAndre Yedlin
Ozzie Alonso
Chad Marshall

All deserving but Pineda should have been on that list too. He's played like an all-star as well.

If Will Johnson was good enough to make it...then Pineda should be on it...

..but this i also a list that has Will Johnson on it...so keep that in mind...

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Seattle looks like complete ass tonight. If we do sell Yedlin I hope the money is used to buy a midfielder that is actually able to maintain possession for more than 3 seconds at a time and a defender that does more than watch people run by him.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So, it's 3-0 at the half, and it really should be 5-0 the way both teams have played. Not sure what Sigi can do at this point to try and make it competitive but sitting Pineda would be a nice start.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Someone needs to tell the Sounders that it's not OK to kick the ball right to the guys in the black shirts.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
With how we played....could have been worse.

On to the next.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
If Yedlin really is the RB of the future for the USMNT then he needs to be sold immediately, because he's not learning a damn thing about playing defense under Sigi.