Some pretty good light smack in this Atlanta thread

HawksFan83

Reaction score
The Cardinals started out 4 and 0 if anyone cares to remember, we were the first ones to play them and lost barely, we had the ball so much as the end in the redzone and just couldnt get it done, but then the Cards went into NE and beat the damn Patriots, everyone was on the cards jock to start the season, so not like it was an easy game, they did have the #7 ranked D for a while there so its not like they were as soft as they ended up to be. Dont take this as an excuse as to why we lost, just that the Cards looked really good to start the year, again that also goes into the who Division thing, The mind set for a divisional game is so much different than a regular game, they can always go either way.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
hedgehawk":35il3pbx said:
One thing I don't understand with Falcon fans, and this takes nothing away from the team, because I do think they're very good, but why do the fans keep on talking about their incredible, high powered offense? They scored 7 more points than we did for the year and Wilson was handcuffed for half of it. Seahawk fans tend to think we have a good offense, while Falcon fans seem to think theirs is amazing when we scored about the same amount.
No offense and don't take this as an insult but we don't run up the score. When Mike Smith has a huge lead he goes conservative and tries to run out the clock. That stat could be much higher if they wanted it to be.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":1uw6g9rw said:
No offense and don't take this as an insult but we don't run up the score. When Mike Smith has a huge lead he goes conservative and tries to run out the clock. That stat could be much higher if they wanted it to be.
No offense and don't take this as an insult, but Russell Wilson was benched 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter in the Cardinals @ Seahawks game. Again he was benched in the 49ers @ Seahawks game, and we also put Flynn in another game, at Buffalo, I believe. Not sure on the last one. Hell, Yahoo even had an article titled something like "Carroll grants mercy to 49ers." We had some players who wanted to get another touchdown and go for two to get back at Harbaugh for the USC thing, but he said no, that's not who we are.

Sorry about all the evidence pointing against us running up scores.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Twisted":13l1jm2e said:
BlueThunder":13l1jm2e said:
I like this thread, especially towards the end. Registration is quick and easy if ya wanna join in.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/ ... hawk-fans/

Better than what we went through last week. They really hate that Strength of Schedule argument... :lol:

you know who really hated the SOS argument?

the 2010 world champion Saints, they went on to get tossed by the 7-9 Seahawks in the playoffs, it DOES matter, and it does show up, SOS is what conditions you and sets the mark!

but just ignore it and pretend it doesn't, maybe you can take a cheap shot at a Seahawk player who's not wearing his helmet when the games over, before you take your own helmet off?

only in the NFL...
Also the 2005 Seahawks. You either have a very short memory or you're relatively newer (which is fine, no disrespect meant) but we were derided that year for our SOS as well. That team went to and could have won the Super Bowl. 13 and 3 is a great record. Period.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2vb1fu0y said:
Dirty Bird":2vb1fu0y said:
No offense and don't take this as an insult, but Russell Wilson was benched 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter in the Cardinals @ Seahawks game. Again he was benched in the 49ers @ Seahawks game, and we also put Flynn in another game, at Buffalo, I believe. Not sure on the last one. Hell, Yahoo even had an article titled something like "Carroll grants mercy to 49ers." We had some players who wanted to get another touchdown and go for two to get back at Harbaugh for the USC thing, but he said no, that's not who we are.

Sorry about all the evidence pointing against us running up scores.
I didn't watch the game and don't know so i'll take your word for it.

The Grouch

Reaction score
Dirty Bird said:

Hmmm...
Not sure I bye that one. I can see your argument about the Hawks to a point. But I'm not gonna appologize for what I can't control, especially since the Seahawks have been on the receiving end of that several times over the years. I'm gonna give a hypothetical. Lets say that the Seahawks didn't score any points in the 2nd half of any of their three straight blow out victories (feels good just typing that btw :D ). It wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game if the seahawks had driven the lenght of the field, took a few knees and turned it over on downs. But for the 2nd half of the season their average point total would have still been just over 27ppg. That is a big improvement from the first half at 17.5ppg. It shows a large improvement in entire team production over the course of the season.

If you compare that to what ATL did over the second half of the season, the numbers are almost identicle to the Hawks. Your argument MIGHT have had some merrit on a few of the games early in the season, but the truth is ATL had only two huge leads in games over the 2nd half. Both of them were ultimately blowouts. You can't convice me that your HC pulled his foot off the gas in the Giants game... maybe he did and maybe he didn't against Detroit, I wasn't watching.

All teams leave points on the field. I'm sure ATL did, and I know the Seahawks did because I watched the games... All in all, IMHO it's a wash. The real story
:th2thumbs: is HOW the Seahawks have scored. By my quick count 5td's were scored by our D and special teams over the 2nd half of the season, with those two squads accounting for a few more opportunities for the O.

When it's all said and done the only thing that really matters is what happens on Sunday. Good luck to your team, I belive they are going to need it... GO SEAHAWKS!

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Wow some idiot said that their defense was just as good as ours...hahahaha. Some falcon fans...

Seriously falcon fans, you're going to come in here and trash our offense and talk about how we run up the score? Get a clue and try watching the games before you make stupid comments.

keepertd

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1onsvgqy said:
Wow some idiot said that their defense was just as good as ours...hahahaha. Some falcon fans...

Seriously falcon fans, you're going to come in here and trash our offense and talk about how we run up the score? Get a clue and try watching the games before you make stupid comments.

so you bash someone for saying the Falcons d is as good as the Hawks, and then say to watch games before commenting...

get a clue and watch Falcons games before you make stupid comments (hmm now i get why people make comments like this...its so easy)

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
keepertd":cajecw6d said:
Hawkfan77":cajecw6d said:

so you bash someone for saying the Falcons d is as good as the Hawks, and then say to watch games before commenting...

get a clue and watch Falcons games before you make stupid comments (hmm now i get why people make comments like this...its so easy)
Haha, I've watched plenty of falcons games. Anyone who has seen more than a handful of each team would NEVER say the two defenses are equal...no one. Heck, let's look at it superficially:

Total Defense:
Hawks-5
ATL-24

Pass Defense:
Hawks-6
ATL-23

Rush Defense:
Seattle-10
ATL-21

Scoring Defense:
Hawks-1
ATL-5

DVOA:
Hawks-1 (6th ALL TIME)
ATL-13

Yep, I can see why Falcon fans think that their defense is as good as ours... :roll:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
NinjaKixx":3ml0aw1z said:
themango55":3ml0aw1z said:
I notice that they didn't mention carolina, who they lost to badly once and were extremely fortunate to not lose to twice (iirc down by two on their own 1 yard line with like 1 minute left, completed a 60 yard pass to kick a game winning fg).

Seattle didn't blow out Carolina either but won more convincingly than the falcons the first time. And the aspect of the Panthers game that let them match up well against the falcons was a mobile qb and a good pass rush, and Seattle has the same weapons along with a superior running game and secondary.

Division game...

I'm sure you understand the importance.

When I look at a team, I dont even factor in divisional opponents. That's why I dont discredit you guys for losing to the Rams and Cardinals.

Good teams lose to bad divisional opponents consistantly.

Most of us really don't understand how the Rams could be so good in divisional games and so terrible outside them. They were 4-1-1 in the division (only losing to Seattle when we were at home, and just barely.) They're a pretty sound football team that I expect to be a wildcard contender next year. So, I don't think any of us really believe there's much reason to be embarrassed by a Rams loss.

The Cardinals loss was just awful and it should have been a W. :x

Latest posts