So I'm looking at old games of the Seahawks and I wanna know

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Those 90's teams were a true test of fan loyalty. I was drunk on Blue though. The Knox defenses really spoiled us. They would step it up and really make an offense work for it. They were just great at keeping the play in front of them.

Sinclair was as solid as they come though. It seemed like the pass rush was never a big problem for the longest time, just the lack of a passing game. All this talk makes me think of Elway though. How they would have a lead late, then on 3rd and long, Elway would get chased and right before he went out of bounds, he would wing a 50 yard bomb, to little Vance Johnson, who would be all by himself to rip a win out of our hearts.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1e0yrlb5 said:
The Erickson teams were for the most part pretty fair teams, they either started good like 98 or even 97 once Moon took the QB job, but just couldn't seem to hold it together. Even Friesz, in 1995 gave the Hawks a pretty strong finish, but the AFCW was pretty tough and hard to keep up with.

The 91 team was a lot better than the 7-9 record showed too. They started the season in NO, in a game where they were lining up to kick an easy FG to win, but the refs gave Krieg a ridiculous penalty for complaining in rage over a crap deal and set the then rookie John Kasay back 15 yards which he missed.

I thought that sort of spoiled the rest of the season for them. Of course, the genius Behring had Flores fire Knox, taking the HC job for himself and letting Dave Krieg go for one of the biggest mistakes the franchise ever made. Cost the Hawks several chances at a SB with that fantastic defense.

I will never forgive them for the Knox/Krieg thing. Hacks...

Right on point with everything. It took a long time to let that one go. I loved Krieg. Being a kid from New York I thought that when he was "on" he played like an elite QB. He had like 6 or 7 more productive years after that. Dont remember how well knox did with the rams. I think Warner went to the Rams as well around that time.