so i just got done painting these 'Hawks shoes...

chris98251

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":15s7krt0 said:
seahawkfreak":15s7krt0 said:
You should consider requests. Not sure what would be worth your time. If those took 10 hrs, probable 200 hundred bucks. You could be like a tattoo artist for someone's shoes.

I would definitely say more than that. That is some high end niche stuff right there. Dumb rich people in the Bellevue area will pay tons for stuff like that. I've seen it first hand.

The Police department would buy him out :)

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
chris98251":tvwmrzk3 said:
SeaToTheHawks":tvwmrzk3 said:
seahawkfreak":tvwmrzk3 said:
You should consider requests. Not sure what would be worth your time. If those took 10 hrs, probable 200 hundred bucks. You could be like a tattoo artist for someone's shoes.

I would definitely say more than that. That is some high end niche stuff right there. Dumb rich people in the Bellevue area will pay tons for stuff like that. I've seen it first hand.

The Police department would buy him out :)

Problem is, it's probably trademark infringement without express written consent. The NFL wants their cut for licensing fees.

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
They were posted on Facebook and I have gotten blown up for requests... Not only Seahawks but other teams as well. Problem is, people don't spend the money on what they are worth (10hrs @ a mere $$10hr = $100). People don't appreciate the craft and generally just blow it off like "seriously? You're gonna charge that much?"

Couldn't do a mass production either because of the licensing the NFL would want. I ran into that issue with my sports art a few seasons ago. They want there cut and when I looked into mass producing my prints, it was going to cost a lot more than I'd have liked (wouldn't even break even) so I pretty much gave up... I'll still do commisioned originals, but then it goes back to people just aren't willing to spend the $ on original artwork. I mean, I'll put 120hours into an original canvas work, and at $20hr that's a $2000+ piece of artwork... Yeah... Times are tough.

But if someone ever wanted to get me "in" with those that would spend that kinda cash, I would totally kick back a percentage on the selling of my artwork.

Needless to say... It is a passion and talent of mine, but I kinda, well, just do it when I feel.

As far as water washing off the paint, they were sprayed with an acrylic sealer, water won't damage them...

chris98251

Reaction score
I always thought you had the kind of talent the NFL would love to get it's hands on to create items to market, what I mean is work with them instead of compete against them. They always are looking for a new merchandise outlet so to speak, I can imagine a Jerry Jones paying money for a portrait of Romo at their facility or of himself for that matter.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
chris98251":1aa5vjgd said:
I always thought you had the kind of talent the NFL would love to get it's hands on to create items to market, what I mean is work with them instead of compete against them. They always are looking for a new merchandise outlet so to speak, I can imagine a Jerry Jones paying money for a portrait of Romo at their facility or of himself for that matter.

Not a bad idea. Create a portfolio of your work and send it out to various organizations.

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":1zn9auk2 said:
chris98251":1zn9auk2 said:

Not a bad idea. Create a portfolio of your work and send it out to various organizations.

Anyone got Paul Allen's email ?

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
djTOY2000":1wna16od said:
SeaToTheHawks":1wna16od said:
chris98251":1wna16od said:

Anyone got Paul Allen's email ?

[email protected]?

I don't know that it's THE Paul Allen, but someone named Paul Allen.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
djTOY2000":3utnzbdj said:
They were posted on Facebook and I have gotten blown up for requests... Not only Seahawks but other teams as well. Problem is, people don't spend the money on what they are worth (10hrs @ a mere $$10hr = $100). People don't appreciate the craft and generally just blow it off like "seriously? You're gonna charge that much?"

Couldn't do a mass production either because of the licensing the NFL would want. I ran into that issue with my sports art a few seasons ago. They want there cut and when I looked into mass producing my prints, it was going to cost a lot more than I'd have liked (wouldn't even break even) so I pretty much gave up... I'll still do commisioned originals, but then it goes back to people just aren't willing to spend the $ on original artwork. I mean, I'll put 120hours into an original canvas work, and at $20hr that's a $2000+ piece of artwork... Yeah... Times are tough.

But if someone ever wanted to get me "in" with those that would spend that kinda cash, I would totally kick back a percentage on the selling of my artwork.

Needless to say... It is a passion and talent of mine, but I kinda, well, just do it when I feel.

As far as water washing off the paint, they were sprayed with an acrylic sealer, water won't damage them...

Making a living from art is really rare. My wife was a relatively accomplished paint artist who would complete an acrylic canvas piece in a day or two (plus "think time") and generally sold for around $200-$250 after gallery commission. As she said, the enjoyment of doing it was the big profit for her, but she couldn't just turn them out one after another because she had to first have the idea before she could paint it. Fortunately, she had a husband who paid the bills and kept her in paint and canvasses...which is probably one reason there are more women doing it successfully than men.

Just a hint on the acrylic sealer on clothing...we found that you really need to seal the back of the garment besides if it is something that will be washed. She did canvas tote bags/purses for a while and learned that the hard way.