Smile of the Day!

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
If this doesn’t make you smile/feel good you better check your pulse.

How the F long have we been waiting for this EXACT type of leadership and example at Geno's position?!?!

Wow.

The POLAR OPPOSITE of ADB on the sidelines with Russ: "You are are leader. Lead us. We will follow you." Begging him to lead the team.

The amount of distance between these two things is staggering.

Geno for Fing Prez. Bitches.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Alright, time for me to be that guy and get blasted. I'll make my point sounding like an ESPN talking head like Sharpe or Stephen A:

First off, great leadership from Geno. No doubt. It's great seeing him molded into this leadership role. Brother can straight up ball right now. No cap.

HOWEVER, what's up with JSN? Why is he pouting and not being locked in? It's his 3rd game so I'm not concerned about production at all, but this head case situation that's going on? That's very concerning to me.

Who does he think he is that he's going to sit there acting like he don't want to be there? Bro you a rookie, settle down. Go look at Bobo. He stayed locked in and got a TD. Where you be? Why Bobo got a TD before you? Bobo wasnt even drafted dawg.

Again great to see this from Geno. Very concerned about JSNs mental state right now. Step up and be there for your teammates!

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Alright, time for me to be that guy and get blasted. I'll make my point sounding like an ESPN talking head like Sharpe or Stephen A:

First off, great leadership from Geno. No doubt. It's great seeing him molded into this leadership role. Brother can straight up ball right now. No cap.

HOWEVER, what's up with JSN? Why is he pouting and not being locked in? It's his 3rd game so I'm not concerned about production at all, but this head case situation that's going on? That's very concerning to me.

Who does he think he is that he's going to sit there acting like he don't want to be there? Bro you a rookie, settle down. Go look at Bobo. He stayed locked in and got a TD. Where you be? Why Bobo got a TD before you? Bobo wasnt even drafted dawg.

Again great to see this from Geno. Very concerned about JSNs mental state right now. Step up and be there for your teammates!
I don’t think he isn’t/wasn’t “locked in”, I suppose that’s possible but I got the impression that Geno was just pumping him up.
That was prior to halftime when the game was still in the balance.

chrispy

Reaction score
Maybe he's not pouting and upset at the situation. Maybe he's questioning himself and "Do I belong?" self-talk. Sometimes we just need someone to interrupt our own negative thoughts to "get out of our own head" and re-focus.

I think Geno can see JSN as a huge weapon and their success together can prolong Genos career. Without that connection/success, Geno may only last as long as Lockett is playing at a high level. ...not to forget DK, but Geno (I believe) needs multiple targets to win.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Wasn't JSN's snapcount down for the game from what I read.

JSN is pouty because 1) he's a rookie 2) he's been running around open a bunch and not getting targets for the times he is on the field.

"It's never on you". "I have to find you". Sounds like Geno is taking ownership for the plays that he's been open.

At least that's my take. I still LOVE this. As much or more than I did the PC/Geno "Center" thing from last season. I didn't like it at the time, but it's exactly like this.

If I can find it, I'll dig up the ADB/ME3 clip - but I don't think it actually exists.

Geno for prez. He's the guy we wanted him to be - and obviously a little more.

GemCity

Reaction score
This points at my JSN post. First, we have an incredible leader in Geno. Beyond proud of him.

JSN is custom to being the #1 threat. I think he’s been great thus far and is getting open…Geno just has to find him. You can envision him being a 3rd down threat….but, as it’s been in the past, we’re not so successful there.

I too think it’s only a matter of time. Rook just has to keep his head up and keep grinding. It shouldn’t be long before him and Geno are clicking.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
JSN is custom to being the #1 threat.

I too think it’s only a matter of time. Rook just has to keep his head up and keep grinding. It shouldn’t be long before him and Geno are clicking.
I think your point about him used to being #1 in the world is probably exactly on point. I'm assuming that the top picks in the draft come with alot of this type of emotional baggage/expectation.

Must be an adjustment from being 'top of the world' to just another dude on the team - and a rookie at that. Well, not that simple - but same ballpark.

Reminds me of an un-attributable quote I heard years ago about the NFL. Something like: "You know how you're the best on your team in high school and college? Like unstoppable, a beast - no one can touch you - you're amazing - you're a legend! That's pretty much EVERY player in the NFL."

scutterhawk

Reaction score

Nah, All's good...Geno just lettin' the kid know that he's going to get his fair share of targets.
Sometimes you the 'Decoy', sometimes you the >MAIN MAN<...YOU JUST NEED TO STAY FOCUSED & TUNED IN, Your Time is COMING.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
How the F long have we been waiting for this EXACT type of leadership and example at Geno's position?!?!

Wow.

The POLAR OPPOSITE of ADB on the sidelines with Russ: "You are are leader. Lead us. We will follow you." Begging him to lead the team.

The amount of distance between these two things is staggering.

Geno for Fing Prez. Bitches.
I heard you could hear from the Broncos sideline someone yelling “Pass! Pass! Pass!” every time the Broncos were on D and that is why the Dolphins running game looked so dominant.

sutz

Reaction score
Geno demonstrating that leadership is a lot more than just barking orders and leading prayer circles. The rah, rah stuff is a part of it, but one also needs that kind of personal attention to people's emotional state.

(y)

Aircrew

Reaction score

This.

NoGain

Reaction score
JSN has been "the guy" wherever he's been since high school or before. When you get to the NFL, most of the starters were "the guy" most of their lives. There's just an adjustment to this insane talent level that takes time for most. JSN included.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Geno seems like a real leader. Not a phony who presents himself as a leader just for show.

Mick063

Reaction score
The team is up 37-20 and running clock using a running formation which features tight ends more than slot receivers. Trying to salt the game away in the second half. If the team was behind, trying to come back from a deficit, then the slot position would be in play and JSN would be a featured target.

Of course, JSN is a pro and fully understands all of this. It isn't JSN that needs this pointed out. It is the clueless fans that don't understand situational football that need this primer.

Cripes. Complaining about JSN targets when you are running a four-minute drill with a 17-point lead. Some folks truly do not comprehend the game of football. This just in. The team isn't trying to win your fantasy football league. They are just trying to win.