SI..short statement about off-season needs

Elemas

Reaction score
"A clear answer to what happened on offense, and a plan to make sure it doesn't happen again.

An upgrade at tight end and to their offensive line would help, but the group of players who struggled for much of the second half of the season and in their wild-card loss to the Rams was pretty much the same as the one that led the NFL in scoring over the first nine weeks. That suggests the offensive ineptitude that doomed the Seahawks was as much about their approach and coaching as it was about personnel and execution. Besides, splashy additions will be hard to come by with no first- or third-round picks and given all the money they need to set aside for key players who need new contracts, notably safety Jamal Adams."

"...the offensive ineptitude that doomed the Seahawks was as much about their approach and coaching as it was about personnel and execution"

You don't say? They go from ripping it up, to having a few turnovers, and Pete forcing them back into Pete ball. I'm certain that didn't sit well with Russ, DK, nor the rest of the offense. How do you expect players to buy in while operating under this rule of thumb?

This isn't new information. I apologize if you've seen this a thousand times already. I just thought it to be funny (depressing) that those outside of .NET see what's clear and evident.

Russ can still ball folks. But, he's being forced to play in a system that refuses to recognize just how damn good they are/can be. Same with DK, Tyler, etc.

100% ON PETE. Another apology incoming....we hate this term....here it goes. Let Russ Cook. While cooking, you keep that D going in the right direction. I'd put us against anyone if we had this mentality. Get rid of the nuances such as being afraid to go for it on 4th and 1, hiking the ball at 1 sec...ffs how many issues has this lead to??? Dont be afraid to throw it up the middle while you have one of the BEST slot guys in the game. DKs capable too. If he doesnt have the routes yet, he damn sure has the strength.

Time of possession doesn't equate into a win all of the time there Petey.

Man...this post was unnecessary but, I'm still so disappointed....This roster could compete with anyone.

Just hoping they figure out our FAs, shore up the Edge (dying to see Taylor and skeptical on Irvin...we'll see). Draft linemen and find a steal at corner. Not worried about Carson. Would love to have him but, thinking we could possibly work it out with Collins, Penny, and Dallas. Price has to be right for Carson but he may get higher offers. If I'm another team, I'm worried about his injury history.

Find out what up with our TEs. Don't resign another Olsen for 10M a year...whaaaat?

None of this matters though....because the fundamental approach and planning negates any possibility of a great offseason from becoming fruitful.

With Pete getting a new contract, it's evident he's not going anywhere. He gets buy-in from his guys (until they get wise on what's really going on). Keep him around then. But, relinquish the playcalling and trust in the experts you have on your team. Good coaches and leaders dont hire people to manage them...to direct them in all that they do. They hire them so those experts can tell THEM what to do.

Step back a bit Pete. It'll be ok.

Jeez...what a rant.