Should our first pick be Skoronski?

seabowl

Reaction score
I know I know we need a ton of DL help, LB, and QB but this guy had like the highest PFF rating I’ve ever seen for an offensive lineman. Especially the way Pete likes to run the ball. You can put him a guard and have three studs on the line that are all very very young. I’m convinced we are getting the number 4 pick (Carter my favorite will be gone by then) so maybe trade down a couple of spots to get Skoronski there. Thoughts?

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
First off, if we're going to draft a guard, let's draft one. I don't like the Tom Cable theory of drafting tackles then moving them to guard...ie James Carpenter, Justin Britt, and Germaine Ifedi.

Secondly, it's not a wise use of a top 5 pick as guards aren't generally taken that high, so if we really want this guy, it would be wise to either wait for our natural pick, around #18 or so if we don't make the playoffs, or try to trade out of the top 5.

As far as Jalen Carter goes, I wasn't too impressed with him vs. Ohio State. They kept him pretty much under control for most of the game and he looked really gassed even though they were rotating him to give him breathers. I'm not sure if he has the motor to be the type of disruptor we're looking for with that top 5 pick. I'll be keeping a close eye on him this Monday.

If CJ Stroud is still there by the time we pick, I'd take him unless someone offers us a Trey Lance sort of a deal.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I love Carter but he does have some question marks. Seahawks draft blog did a comparison of interior defensive lineman and most of the guys taken in the top 3-5 have much better production than Carter has had. He’s obviously ultra talented and looks unblockable at times but it’s still a little odd his production wasn’t a little better. Anderson at least does have the numbers.

Chevy

Reaction score
I would be good with him if we traded down to the late 1st round to get him. I would try him at OC his rookie year. I believe he was a 4-star player and one of the top-rated centers coming out of high school.

Jville

Reaction score
I know I know we need a ton of DL help, LB, and QB but this guy had like the highest PFF rating I’ve ever seen for an offensive lineman. Especially the way Pete likes to run the ball. You can put him a guard and have three studs on the line that are all very very young. I’m convinced we are getting the number 4 pick (Carter my favorite will be gone by then) so maybe trade down a couple of spots to get Skoronski there. Thoughts?

Charles Cross, Abraham Lucas, Stone Forsythe and Jake Curhan all look like probable second contract linemen. Left guard Damien Lewis has bounced back nicely from his sophomore slump. And although Lewis is under contract for 2023, he looks like he is earning an early second contract. It's also my understanding that Steve Hutchinson has been taking in college games again this year. Hutchinson has added something extra as a scouting asset.

The top need I see is for a physical and violent interior lineman. Someone along the lines of big Al Woods.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I would be good with him if we traded down to the late 1st round to get him. I would try him at OC his rookie year. I believe he was a 4-star player and one of the top-rated centers coming out of high school.
He won’t get out of the top 10 and likely top 7

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Charles Cross, Abraham Lucas, Stone Forsythe and Jake Curhan all look like probable second contract linemen. Left guard Damien Lewis has bounced back nicely from his sophomore slump. And although Lewis is under contract for 2023, he looks like he is earning an early second contract. It's also my understanding that Steve Hutchinson has been taking in college games again this year. Hutchinson has added something extra as a scouting asset.

The top need I see is for a physical and violent interior lineman. Someone along the lines of big Al Woods.
Forsythe is 100% a tackle and not great while Gabe Jackson is getting old. Plug Skoronski in at guard or center.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
^^^ Right. Jackson was sharing half his snaps with Phil Haynes this season. Haynes is also a free agent after the season. Thin at Guard. I also can't see coming away without a starting caliper center in this draft. That would be disappointing. Feels like there are more this draft than usual and seems like we could land a good one with maybe our 4th or 5th pick or so.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm good on that. Really bad positional value. I don't think he's Quenton Nelson or anything, so I'm passing on that up at the top. You've got 2 second rounders. That's a better place to address the interior if you want to do that.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Even generational center prospects can't break into the top-16. Guards hardly ever, as well.

Ozzy

Reaction score
My favorite lineman is the center from Georgia van Pran but he can be had in the second. It has to be QB or DL if you don’t love who falls to you at 5

12forlife

Reaction score
^^^ Right. Jackson was sharing half his snaps with Phil Haynes this season. Haynes is also a free agent after the season. Thin at Guard. I also can't see coming away without a starting caliper center in this draft. That would be disappointing. Feels like there are more this draft than usual and seems like we could land a good one with maybe our 4th or 5th pick or so.
Agreed we should be able to score a stud Center in this draft. Very deep Class this year
Sedrick Van Pran Georgia
John Michael Schmidtz Minn
Luke Wypler Ohio St
Jarret Patterson ND
Olu Oluwatimi Mich

Off the top of my head these are all day 1 starters in the League!