Shohei Ohtani.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one really talks about him in the media.

ESPN First Take ,etc all they talk about is Basketball and Football.

At the moment the way Ohtani is hitting, he can beat Judge's record of 62.

He has 28 home runs right now (Including Tuesday). He had 28 Home runs in 2021 from Start to ending of June.

Before the All-Star break he had 33 HR's. 10 more games to go .

Crizilla

Reaction score
ESPN shows rarely talk about him because they have a bias against baseball, they're too obsessed with chuck ball (modern NBA) and QB debates (as if a QB is the lone position that wins games). When I was a kid it wasn't like that. They would cover all sports equally when something impressive was going on. ESPN has gone down the hill , everyone knows. They have lost tons of subscribers too.

As for Ohtani, he's already an all time great. No doubt. It's silly what he's doing. He might get the biggest sports contract ever this off season.

bileever

Reaction score
I read how Mike Ford was the Ivy League Player of the Year AND Pitcher of the Year when he was at Princeton with an ERA of 0.98. Why can't Ford become the white Ohtani--whiter, fatter and slower, of course.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
ESPN shows rarely talk about him because they have a bias against baseball, they're too obsessed with chuck ball (modern NBA) and QB debates (as if a QB is the lone position that wins games). When I was a kid it wasn't like that. They would cover all sports equally when something impressive was going on. ESPN has gone down the hill , everyone knows. They have lost tons of subscribers too.

As for Ohtani, he's already an all time great. No doubt. It's silly what he's doing. He might get the biggest sports contract ever this off season.

Well If you look at Aaron Judge and ESPN, it's full of videos.

I think Steven A Smith still agrees that you should be able to talk English if you are a #1 player. (Even though he did apologize)

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
As an Angels fan, it's depressing how this is probably the last season I see him in an Angels uni. I will die on the "trade Trout to keep Ohtani" hill.

bileever

Reaction score
I went to Dodger Stadium for the first time on Saturday. It was Japanese Heritage Night, which is something they apparently do every year. But I couldn't help but think it was no accident that they did it this year on a night when the Angels and Shohei Ohtani were there. The Dodgers won, 10-5 but Ohtani hit a HR, a sac fly and a single.