Sherman Post Game Interview

bloodkingg

Reaction score
Sherman was shouting to Harbaugh while running up trying to say "good game" and when Harbaugh was not listening (read: busy in his mind running off not congratulating people), he patted him in the butt and ran off so he didn't have to blatantly repeat himself to that whiner face to face (I wouldn't want to either). At least that's what I took from it.

The comment about "ignorant idiots" is true. He's a truthbringer and that's who he is, no need to bring y'all's view of things to him because he sees things differently. Maybe his bluntness comes off as ticky tack but who cares, that's his problem not ours imo, gotta support our brother thick and thin.

themunn

Reaction score
HawkWow":1g3th69l said:
Walk a mile in Sherman's shoes before judging him for this. You have no way of knowing the nuances or dynamics of that relationship.

The commentators mentioned that one of the reasons Sherman fell to the 5th round is because Harbaugh gave negative feedback to scouts - there's definitely some animosity from both sides in that relationship

Highlordb

Reaction score
ok.....I have a serious Man crush for Sherm! I love this dude, smart, talented, the best at what he does and knows it....He is out to show everyone that he is the best and what more could you want for a player on our team.....

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Anyone who could not tell that his post game comments were aimed at people like or even directly at Skip Bayless is an ignorant idiot.

Personally, I would like to thank Skip for doing what he does, our team seems to thrive on a lack of belief.

And, if you didn't like Sherman's out front style, go watch Papaki's presser. "It wasn't anything they did, we just didn't make plays". Uh, what?

McGruff

Reaction score
TVHAWK":2j9yiu3m said:
Alright, I Do love Richard Sherman, And I love the way he plays the game- I love his spirit and his aggression- But what ever happened to Good Sportsmanship ?? You know- like Having some respect for your opponents and the media.. What ever happened to saying something nice about people- Even your opponents..I would much rather have the national media talking about Sherman for his great playing (which they are) and not just pointing out what a big loudmouth he is..I really admire Richard but I truly believe he needs to back it down a notch with the press and move his maturity level up to the high level of his play on the field.. Frankly some of his comments and statements just aren't cool- You know, act like you've been there- :les:

His post game comments last night struck me as a guy whose mouth has been pent up for 6months and his coaches gave him the okay to let loose after the game. It was 6 months of stored up smack and bitterness and humor all rolled into a half hour of solid sound bites.

Love the guy.

McGruff

Reaction score
themunn":36iqw3qf said:
HawkWow":36iqw3qf said:
Walk a mile in Sherman's shoes before judging him for this. You have no way of knowing the nuances or dynamics of that relationship.

The commentators mentioned that one of the reasons Sherman fell to the 5th round is because Harbaugh gave negative feedback to scouts - there's definitely some animosity from both sides in that relationship

Keep I mind Al's that one of the reason Sherm switched to defense in the first place was to get as far away from Harbag's influence as possible.

Hate runs deep between these two men.

chihawk

Reaction score
kmedic":3ktnvt9i said:
I saw the video of Sherman patting Harbaugh on the butt. Harbaugh's version of what happened is correct. Sherman turned around right away and started running before Harbaugh could respond. Sherman said "sportsmanship doesn't go two ways" with Harbaugh but that was BS is my opinion. I love Sherman on the field but his off field antics are frankly obnoxious. It's more than hard for me to side with a douche bag like Harbaugh but he was right on this one.

Yeah, I saw that too. I usually don't have a problem with Sherm talking some trash and having some fun with it, but if he was saying "sportmanship doesn't go two ways" based on him running up and hitting Harbaugh on the back and running away before he even turns around, then that's a little weird and just trying to force drama with the media. He's got enought to say that he doesn't need to force it.

Subzero717

Reaction score
themunn":2trguskx said:
HawkWow":2trguskx said:

I had heard that with Baldwin but I had never heard that about Sherman.

Giblien

Reaction score
"Russell came out of the shower, and he looked like a BAAAAAAD MAN." Press conference quote of the season. Lol.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
chihawk":2dhv3f32 said:
kmedic":2dhv3f32 said:
I saw the video of Sherman patting Harbaugh on the butt. Harbaugh's version of what happened is correct. Sherman turned around right away and started running before Harbaugh could respond. Sherman said "sportsmanship doesn't go two ways" with Harbaugh but that was BS is my opinion. I love Sherman on the field but his off field antics are frankly obnoxious. It's more than hard for me to side with a douche bag like Harbaugh but he was right on this one.

Yeah, I saw that too. I usually don't have a problem with Sherm talking some trash and having some fun with it, but if he was saying "sportmanship doesn't go two ways" based on him running up and hitting Harbaugh on the back and running away before he even turns around, then that's a little weird and just trying to force drama with the media. He's got enought to say that he doesn't need to force it.

I though that for a moment too. But what we need to realize is that Sherman caught Jim just before he was off the field. It seems that maybe Sherman was trying to say "good game" for a while, but Jim shook Pete's hand and made a beeline for the locker room. So Sherman's comment about sportsmanship being one-sided in this case has more to do with what was happening before that tap on the behind. (Personally, if my team just got humiliated on national primetime TV in the loudest stadium on Earth, I would probably hustle off the field myself.)

Latest posts