#! Selling Jersey?,....Really!

Subzero717

Reaction score
pmedic920":229ku4td said:
kobebryant":229ku4td said:
Never been to CentuyrLink, so I wasn't sure if adults actually purchased and wore those "12 Fan" jerseys; or if they were just gags. I guess this answers that question, wow. Good for Mr. Allen.

It's all just personal choice. But yes, tons of adults buy and wear the "12 Fan" jersey.
I'm in my 50s, my stache is in it's 60's and I have an elite home version and a Grey limited.

seabowl

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2zvictbw said:
seabowl":2zvictbw said:
Funny how the Vikes fans are buying up the Teddy Bridgewater jerseys and if I'm not mistaken he is not even the starter. Also funny how he is 13 while Luck is 20 on the list.

To be fair, go back in Seahawk history and see how many Rick Mirer, Dan McGwire and Kelly Stouffer jerseys were sold. I'd bet those sales spiked after the draft.

Wonder how many Wilson jerseys were purchased within the first three months of him being drafted? I think "In With Flynn" was the motto back then.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seabowl":1oe954gc said:
Sgt. Largent":1oe954gc said:
seabowl":1oe954gc said:
Funny how the Vikes fans are buying up the Teddy Bridgewater jerseys and if I'm not mistaken he is not even the starter. Also funny how he is 13 while Luck is 20 on the list.

To be fair, go back in Seahawk history and see how many Rick Mirer, Dan McGwire and Kelly Stouffer jerseys were sold. I'd bet those sales spiked after the draft.

Wonder how many Wilson jerseys were purchased within the first three months of him being drafted? I think "In With Flynn" was the motto back then.

I saw quite a few Wilson jerseys after he was drafted.........but nowhere near the amount of Flynn jerseys.

The NFL should mark jerseys like fine art or paintings, so everyone can see when you jumped on board. "Russell Wilson first edition jersey 57/4000."

pmedic920

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":200013u8 said:
pmedic920":200013u8 said:
kobebryant":200013u8 said:
Never been to CentuyrLink, so I wasn't sure if adults actually purchased and wore those "12 Fan" jerseys; or if they were just gags. I guess this answers that question, wow. Good for Mr. Allen.

It's all just personal choice. But yes, tons of adults buy and wear the "12 Fan" jersey.
I'm in my 50s, my stache is in it's 60's and I have an elite home version and a Grey limited.

I see what you did there. :{)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kobebryant":233r3gpb said:

The 12 jersey seems kinda cheesy to me, but I can see the appeal of it.

Very rarely does a player stay with the same team very long in the NFL, so it makes sense to not want to spend $100 on a jersey with a player's name on the back.

IMO classic is the way to go. Can't go wrong with a Largent, Zorn, etc.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2pqcjr8t said:
kobebryant":2pqcjr8t said:

The 12 jersey seems kinda cheesy to me, but I can see the appeal of it.

Very rarely does a player stay with the same team very long in the NFL, so it makes sense to not want to spend $100 on a jersey with a player's name on the back.

IMO classic is the way to go. Can't go wrong with a Largent, Zorn, etc.

The changing if players, IMHO is part of the reason the "FAN 12" is a good idea.
Especially if you are buying the elite jerseys. For our team, although a touch cheesy, it will never go out of style or be the wrong/ undesirable number.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Here is a blurry screen shot of Yahoo home page. The story is up on it.
They make mention of the #10 best selling jersey not being a player. "12 FAN"
I think it's an AWESOME testament to our Fandom.
ezynybej.jpg

mikeak

Reaction score
As pointed out above - people buy the #12 jersey because they are tired of players changing

It isn't a "good for you Mr Allen" as in making more money. It is a good for you Mr Allen in making less money selling jersey's the fans won't need to change.

Compare to Patriots that are giving some 20-30% discount when you trade in a player jersey when a guy moved on. They started this after the Hernandez "incident" and realized oops this is a great business idea lets do more of it.

kobebryant

Reaction score
minormillikin":2rmakkfo said:
kobebryant":2rmakkfo said:

Funny, because I always find it weird when a grown man wears a jersey with another man's name on the back of it
. .

I definitely agree with that. It is like in high school when your girl wears your letterman jacket.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
minormillikin":2goaexbo said:
kobebryant":2goaexbo said:

Funny, because I always find it weird when a grown man wears a jersey with another man's name on the back of it. The 12 Jersey is our uniform.*

*That said, I still like my Hass, Kitna, Largent, and TJack ($5 at JC Penney) jerseys.

My only unwritten rule when it comes to names on jersey's is NEVER is it OK to put your own name on it. Serious party foul.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2wcyn6gc said:
minormillikin":2wcyn6gc said:
kobebryant":2wcyn6gc said:
Funny, because I always find it weird when a grown man wears a jersey with another man's name on the back of it. The 12 Jersey is our uniform.*

*That said, I still like my Hass, Kitna, Largent, and TJack ($5 at JC Penney) jerseys.
My only unwritten rule when it comes to names on jersey's is NEVER is it OK to put your own name on it. Serious party foul.
Even a 12? That is our number, no reason not to put your name on it if you want.

You grown men can stick to your grown men rules. When it comes to Seahawks football, I'm a 53 year old kid.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2ayzb5vv said:
Sgt. Largent":2ayzb5vv said:
minormillikin":2ayzb5vv said:
kobebryant":2ayzb5vv said:

Even a 12? That is our number, no reason not to put your name on it if you want.

You grown men can stick to your grown men rules. When it comes to Seahawks football, I'm a 53 year old kid.

Your name is 12? I'm confused.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":v82376e9 said:
minormillikin":v82376e9 said:
kobebryant":v82376e9 said:

I still want a grey elite.
I've seriously considered a 12 with
My screen name on it.

RedAlice

Reaction score
kearly":2cqtufy0 said:
The Rams have to be pumped, they finally have a jersey selling in the top ten!

I look forward to seeing his Rams' jersey worn around in LA this season - plan to get up to the bars supporting him when I can. It's a huge improvement - normally when I'm in LA it's me and a bunch of Raider and Charger fans in a dive bar.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Largent80":1n9aqm9d said:
Love the 12 jersey and hate "fan" on the back. It is very impersonal. I know you can customize them but they should leave them blank.

Mine is blank....You will see it in Sept....

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
seabowl":2gyetq91 said:

lets not kid ourselves..he will be the starter at some point

rideaducati

Reaction score
I believe that every QB drafted in the first round by Cleveland has led the league in jersey sales atsome point. They're desperate and have been for a very long time.