Seattle most miserable sports city

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Other than Super Bowl XL, I just can't remember being miserable over sports. Losing the Sonics didn't really affect me much, I suppose it should but honestly it didn't. I am pretty much dedicated to the Hawks and nothing else. I am all in on that one and don't pay much attention to the rest. Even in the early 90s I was stuck on the Hawks. Win or lose.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
IDK, read the mariners thread in the sports forum. Pretty miserable. Read the Sonics saga forum, pretty miserable. Read this forum after a loss. Pretty miserable.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1sk6k2v8 said:
Basically, I just think, "Well, at least we're not Cleveland."

To be really honest, if I'm bummed out about our sports scene at any time, I just remember that I would rather live here with no titles than in Boston or Joisey or Chicago or Tampa or Miami with titles. It's all about perspective, man.

To each their own, and I certainly enjoyed my time in Seattle, but I would think many people would choose Tampa, Miami and to a lesser extent Chicago over living in Seattle.

It takes a certain type to be able to tolerate the downsides to Western Washington. But if you can endure, nothing beats the Northwest in July and August :)

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Being a Seattle sports fan totally blows most of the time, no question, but I'll never quit. Lets just hope the Hawks don't let us down this year

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I'm a PNW man. Hate the East Coast, hate the south, hate the Midwest (except for Minneapolis), love the West Coast, but really love the PNW. The commonly discussed "downsides" (overcast, rains a lot) are either things I like (I hate 320 days of sun beating down upon you like you're in the Sahara, which is only part of why I left the Southwest) or exaggerations (there is more precipitation in a number of places, including NYC, Philly, and most of the Midwest).

The upsides are tremendous. If I want to see desert, I can see desert by driving a couple hours. If I want to see forests, I can see forests by driving a couple hours. If I want to see really big mountains, I can do that too. I can go fishing, I can go camping, and I can also enjoy the big city lifestyle of good restaurants and theatres and sports teams. Other places have that too, but here in Seattle, there are so many different cultures that I get WAY more variety than other places. Plus, I like that this is generally a live-and-let-live type of place where people don't butt in on what you choose to do with your life.

I think the PNW is really a love-it-or-hate-it place, and I firmly fall on the "love it" side. I have no desire to ever leave here again.

The Radish

Reaction score
I've traveled and/or worked in most of the citys named above and can tell you that Seattle is a great vibrant place to live and visit. I really liked the Tampa area but that was always in the winter when it was a heavenly break. Our daughter that lived there 9 years said it took her about 3 years to get used to the humidity.

If I had to live there and drove to work I'm sure I'd hate it like hating the traffic in any of those other places.

But retired? what a place. Always something to do and see 24 hours a day.

:les:

Throwdown

Reaction score
We're still reeling from 2008 IMO...

That year SUCKED SOOOO MUCH ASS!

I lost my favorite sports franchise EVER, and yeah I'm a man and I admit tears whelled up in my eyes when I had gotten news that the Sonics were headed to OKC.

Seahawks went right down the toilet and they had Julius Jones, god that year was almost as painful as 2009 mixing Mora with that loser.

UW went winless :(

Yeah we're still reeling & rebuilding from the destruction that 2008 brought, do I think we're the most miserable??? No idea. Mariners will always suck, and alienated a lot of their fan base with their arena stance. But Chris Hansen is the man, and is a glimmering icon for hope, right along side Russell Wilson & Pete Carroll. Seattle has its best days yet ahead of us IMO.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":11bry8ih said:
IDK, read the mariners thread in the sports forum. Pretty miserable. Read the Sonics saga forum, pretty miserable. Read this forum after a loss. Pretty miserable.
Yeah, but this place acts like we just finished a 1-15 NFL season after each loss when we have a winning record and are playing well, so...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The lows have been low but that's what is going to make it such a great high when the Hawks win it ALL this year! ......and then the rest of the world can suck it! :)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3qbfkxde said:
The lows have been low but that's what is going to make it such a great high when the Hawks win it ALL this year! ......and then the rest of the world can suck it! :)

The angry tears of 49ers fans will be delicious and nourishing; a nectar from the very gods themselves.

[youtube]pbIR51_J_qY[/youtube]