Seattle Mariners @ Toronto Blue Jays Apr 8-10...

DJrmb

Reaction score
yea, Julio is NOT a superstar. He'll be a .280 hitter with pop and speed, but not a tier 1 star.
You realize that's Ken Griffey Jr numbers right? For his career he was a .284 hitter and averaged 28 HR a season, and was a first ballot HoF'er...

I get it, though, I'm pissed at this sh!t team too...

Vesuve

Reaction score
This team doesn't have a single strength right now. Pitching has been surprisingly bad. Offense is a flat out joke. The defense is brutal at times.
Yeah, Kirby had a second rough outing.

Crizilla

Reaction score
The dodgers high strike out rate means nothing because they smash AND walk like it's a hot summer day. Roberts is a good manager even though LA should have more titles.

Scotty is still clueless with the line ups. France as your 4 hitter? LOL. Scotty thinks Ty got on the juice or something? I like Ty but he's not a 4 spot. Hanny or even Canzone would be a better 4 spot today. Wow... Lemme guess Rojas bats dead last again tomorrow too.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Damn, this is getting even more embarrassing. Just wow.
WTF happened to this team? Our top 2 pitchers look average at best so far. Defense sucks. They can't hit for sh**. For the first time in my life, I'm actually starting to lose interest in this team.
I don't need to hear "it's early"
No, it's not. Games count the same in April as they do in September. They missed the playoffs yet again last year. Not acceptable.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Much needed win. The strikeouts are absolutely absurd, 15 today making 138 in 13 games.
Hopefully this triggers the offense, they were the last team in the MLB to score 6 or more runs in a game*.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Whatever this new hitting coach is telling them isn't working
IMO it's too early to tell if new hitting coach is yay or nay. Playing home games in april the ball will not carry. Also I think there's some lack of talent within the line up, obviously. Dodgers strike out a bunch too but they make wayyy more contact. M's have just 2-3 guys that have proven they can make contact on a consistent basis or have their spurts of getting hot. M's almost never hit the ball fair on pitches out of the strike zone. Oddly enough Cal did with that homer today.

getnasty

Reaction score
IMO it's too early to tell if new hitting coach is yay or nay. Playing home games in april the ball will not carry. Also I think there's some lack of talent within the line up, obviously. Dodgers strike out a bunch too but they make wayyy more contact. M's have just 2-3 guys that have proven they can make contact on a consistent basis or have their spurts of getting hot. M's almost never hit the ball fair on pitches out of the strike zone. Oddly enough Cal did with that homer today.
The ball typically doesn't carry when you don't hit it. Seems like an approach issue you to me. Not even sure what the approach is but they don't seem aggressive and the same time they don't seem patient either.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
So far most of the games have either started too late for me to stay up and watch, or while I'm at work. Kinda sucks.