Seattle Mariners @ NY Yankees May 20-23...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
They've got the arms... and they're producing.

They've got the bats... but they're out of synch. Too many K's... and not enough patience.

The team has the capability to fire on all cylinders, but it hasn't happened yet... yet, they're in 1st place.

Tonight may be the start of something great.

Vesuve

Reaction score
This was my favorite game I've watched this year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Holy hell. I'm still in shock the next morning. Down 4-1 with 1 out and nobody on.........they put up a 4 spot against a guy who hasn't given up a run ALL SEASON.

You couldn't give me 100/1 odds that we would have seen that. The most un-Mariner thing ever. And it was beautiful. Shoot, the fact that Ty "Double Play or K" France got the go ahead base hit makes it even more shocking. Hard to put into words how much I hate the Yankees, their fans and the WE ARE BASEBALL GODS attitude. As if no other team has a right to dare step on the field with them.

Side note, we need some bullpen relief and soon. Munoz is pitching lights out, but he is being massively overused. And no, I am NOT blaming Servais for that at all. He's doing his job.

Without a doubt the best win of the season, imo. How about Rojas, Raley and Moore this season? Raley turned out to be one hell of an acquisition. Also, Canzone barely got under that ball in the 9th, he knew it too. That close to being a Grand Slam. Once we get JP back, along with Polanco, we SHOULD be in business. It's a very good problem to have.
You have to keep Moore in there. He's been way too clutch to bench him more than a day here and there. Also, he's a very versatile player who you can put most spots in the field.

Last edited:

bileever

Reaction score
In case you didn't see Taylor Saucedo go crazy on Instagram:

He does a great Pete Carroll: "Can you win in the 5th inning? Can you win in the 3rd inning . . . "

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
More than a pleasure to see the grin wiped off Verdugo and Judge's faces.
Comment on Verdugo I watch Yankee games via the MLB app on the Yankees feed they had a picture of Verdugo standing with some other Yankees at some awards benefit. The other players were either black ( Aaron Judge ) or Latin they were all dressed conservatively than you had Verdugo the short white guy dressed in some long leather or fur coat with a bunch of gold chains looking very gangster, it was a funny picture

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Comment on Verdugo I watch Yankee games via the MLB app on the Yankees feed they had a picture of Verdugo standing with some other Yankees at some awards benefit. The other players were either black ( Aaron Judge ) or Latin they were all dressed conservatively than you had Verdugo the short white guy dressed in some long leather or fur coat with a bunch of gold chains looking very gangster, it was a funny picture
He's one of those guys who uses his antics and his s***-eating grin to try and get into opponents' heads. Never liked those players. Act like you've been there before.

And yes, that includes Richard Sherman.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Since Griffey "The Yankee killer" we have owned the Yankees.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Everytime I see Thornton pitch, he gives up runs. Is that his thing, or am I just unlucky?