Seattle Mariners @ NY Mets May13-15

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think when a team slumps, it's best to hit the road. Forces to the team to come together. Julio has been a great since the slow start. No doubt he is going to be a star, just a matter of how big.

Not sure what the plan is for RF, don't think we can have Souza out there that much. This team has little to no depth. We are one injury away in the infield from having Dylan Moore as a starter. And until Lewis comes back, we have no depth in the outfield.

Romo being back should help the pen a lot. Not sure what is going on with Steckenrider, think he turns it around.

I didn't watch today, but how did Ray look? So far he's been okay, but we paid him to be an ace and he is putting up back end starter numbers. Maybe my take on him is wrong, but he relies so much on his fastball and slider, that like Marco, he can't miss his spots. Still worried about his velocity, but it's early.

Guess we should find out tomorrow just how many players make the trip up north.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Ray had a decent game, with one bad inning. Been his story all along. Gave up 2 walks, 2 triples (!), and 4 runs in the 4th. Bounced back to shut them out in the 5th and 6th, but that one bad inning almost cost us the game. His velocity is up to the mid 90's all the time and his slider can be devastating.

At least the bats came around with several guys having multi-hit games.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Ray had a decent game, with one bad inning. Been his story all along. Gave up 2 walks, 2 triples (!), and 4 runs in the 4th. Bounced back to shut them out in the 5th and 6th, but that one bad inning almost cost us the game. His velocity is up to the mid 90's all the time and his slider can be devastating.

At least the bats came around with several guys having multi-hit games.

Ray needs to figure it out. He is paid 14th highest and ranked 53rd rated.

Threedee

Reaction score
I'm not overly fond of the check-swing, so, I was a little dubious of the final play of the game. A quick check on ESPN com showed a video clip, which shows he definitively went around. So that was nice.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I'm not overly fond of the check-swing, so, I was a little dubious of the final play of the game. A quick check on ESPN com showed a video clip, which shows he definitively went around. So that was nice.
They showed in on ROOT, too, from overhead. He definitely went beyond the plate. From the normal view from behind the pitcher it was much less obvious. Big call, too. If not strike 3 it was ball 4 and we would have walked in the winning run. 😱

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
They showed in on ROOT, too, from overhead. He definitely went beyond the plate. From the normal view from behind the pitcher it was much less obvious. Big call, too. If not strike 3 it was ball 4 and we would have walked in the winning run. 😱

Tying run. However, it would of probably been game next AB. Huge win.