Season Tickets Thoughts

washmont

Reaction score
After reading numerous comments on season tickets holders selling tickets, I decided I had to finally add something.

I’ve been a long time member of this site and I’m on constantly, but rarely post. I consider myself a big Hawks fan.

The first game I every attended was the Seahawks vs the Jets in 1979 on Monday Night Football, we won 30-7. Over the next 20 years it was more difficult to attend as I joined the military and have not lived in Washington since then. While stationed in Missouri I was able to make the yearly Chiefs vs the Seahawks. I was finally stationed in Montana, thus I lived close enough to make a yearly game. Since retiring from the USAF, I’ve been able to attend many more game but still live 640 miles away.

Skip a head a few years. In 2005, several things fell into place and finally called the Seahawks to see about season tickets. I was amazed to hear that 3 games into the season and after 2 years of playoff experience they still have plenty of available tickets. So I bought my first pair in 307 row V. They even gave me set in club for the Cardinals game. So between my brother back home and me in Montana the seats were used for every game, I was able to fly back for both playoff games, wow, great experience.
Finally after reaching the Super Bowl that year there is a waiting list for season tickets in 2006. I was able to upgrade my seats several times over the next couple of years.

However after a couple of down seasons, there is no longer a waiting list. Can’t remember the year, but I think it 2009 or 2010 there were several thousands of available seats. How do I know, because I purchased and sold PSL’s, traded and added seats, etc. I now currently have 3 sets of seats for total of 8 seats in various sections. (Club, Charter Loge, and EZ Loge) This gives me a lot of flexibility to choose where I sit based on who attends with me. (Family, friends, coworkers, etc) I can say there are more Seahawk fans based in Montana, because I’ve taken several different people to the game over the years. And yes, I sell tickets all time. Some years I’m in the red, some years like this I’m in the black. I don’t feel a bit guilty or feel like I’m less of a fan.

I sold to numerous folks on the message board over the years, most often at face value for regular season games, but not for the high demand and playoff games.
Over the years I’ve sold less and less often here. This year I only sold ticket here 3 times, twice to the same person. Let me explain why I don’t sell here normally. I would prefer to have Seahawk fans in my seats, but at what price?

And it isn’t just about the money. I’ll give you an example I dealing with a great guy on this site. I had a deal and was willing to sell my club seats to him for double face value, but as the game got close he needed to switch to a less expensive pair. I eventually sold those same tickets on Stubhub for 4 times face value, of course StubHub hids their fees; they add 15% to my price plus take 15% from me for a total of 30%, not complaining as I still make out. I’m just saying because people get pissed that someone is making anything on their tickets. Last example I saw several folks wanting tickets to the Championship game, so I was conflicted about even offering, but said one last time. I listed them here 324 row D, I want double face. Very fair in my opinion, but policy is against that and I starting getting a couple of PM’s. I quickly deleted my post. Anyway, my brother decided he wanted them so than wasn’t an issue after all. Then he calls me Sunday night and cancels. So lastly I sent a message to someone who previous PM that wanted them, but the price wasn’t fair I quess. I really want to offer them to several other guys I saw who wanted them, but with all the complaining and etc, I didn’t want any trouble as I might be banned from here, and probably will now. So instead of the hassle I decided to list them on Stubhub Monday morning for $500ea, (I priced them lower than any listed price in loge) sold 5 minutes after the Seahawks sale. I made $850 after fees and the buyer paid $1150. I offered less here than I made. No worries for me!

Lastly, let me say I learned early that even on this board people will take advantage. I’ve given tickets away a few times but that is not the norm. Twice that I know of I’ve given someone a deal only to find out they resold those tickets for a profit. Most the time that isn’t the case and folks are pretty appreciative of a fair deal and I actually get a thank you. So the tricky part is, how do you help someone without them getting upset or being taken advantage of. I guess you can’t which is why I will never list or offer tickets here in the future.
I seldom fell sorry for people complaining about being unable to purchase season tickets. Since the current stadium opened there has only been a waiting list from 2006-2009 and 2011 till now. You had a chance in before 2006, and in 2009 and 2010.

Reaction score
Whatever floats your boat or makes you feel better washmont - To each their own. We've had tickets since Husky Stadium and basically go to every game (the most I've ever missed is 1 game a year, usually while we are travelling). I acknowledge it is easier for me, because I live here in the Seattle area, but my buddy who goes to most of the games with us lives in Vancouver, WA - so it takes a bit more of an effort for him to get up here (although not more than you). We have 4 tickets between us and also endured a couple of down years in there...but we've personally never looked at the tickets as a commodity - we've always sold/given tickets to friends/family and have never sold for over Face Value. We had to eat a couple of tickets during the down years when we had extra seats, but that hasn't happened for a while. I'm just personally not a fan of gouging my fellow fans for a profit and also have always felt that the NFL was a working class sport and fear that the huge costs of some of these tickets end up excluding some of our best fans.

The Radish

Reaction score
To those that missed it.

Seahawks.net is happy to let our members sell tickets to other Seahawks fans via our classified section only. We do ask that any tickets sold here be sold at face value.

We also understand those that wish to make a profit on them but we want you to do that on some website rather than here.

I think I covered it properly. There has been lots of talk about it this season where gouging has raised its ugly head.

:les:

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Once you give or sell something, what the new owner does with it is none of your business. I'm sorry you feel burned, but the advice I can give is for you to not give/sell to those people again. Once bitten, shame on them...

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":3djzitdl said:
Whatever floats your boat or makes you feel better washmont - To each their own. We've had tickets since Husky Stadium and basically go to every game (the most I've ever missed is 1 game a year, usually while we are travelling). I acknowledge it is easier for me, because I live here in the Seattle area, but my buddy who goes to most of the games with us lives in Vancouver, WA - so it takes a bit more of an effort for him to get up here (although not more than you). We have 4 tickets between us and also endured a couple of down years in there...but we've personally never looked at the tickets as a commodity - we've always sold/given tickets to friends/family and have never sold for over Face Value. We had to eat a couple of tickets during the down years when we had extra seats, but that hasn't happened for a while. I'm just personally not a fan of gouging my fellow fans for a profit and also have always felt that the NFL was a working class sport and fear that the huge costs of some of these tickets end up excluding some of our best fans.

You are awesome. :th2thumbs: