Seahawks will CRUSH denver

James in PA

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3ro7vh0j said:
Peyton Manning is this year's Ray Lewis. Good luck with the zebras
We've already seen this shit back in Feb 06 with Jerome Bettis. Us Seahawks fans just have to pray that Peyton Manning doesn't announce this week that he's retiring after the Superbowl.

chris98251

Reaction score
You can't look for help on the road and Manning is the shit, no doubt about it. We bring our game and make him frusterated we are good. Statements like crushing a Hall of fame QB hardly hold up.

seadoc30

Reaction score
We need to play NFCW football.. Which is to run the crap out of the ball, control TOP, dont commit TOs and play lights out D. Also, we need to get to P.Manning. He is somewhat like Kaepernick, that when pressured and hit a couple of times, he panics and then thats when his TOs begin.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
seadoc30":34o6s1c0 said:
We need to play NFCW football.. Which is to run the crap out of the ball, control TOP, dont commit TOs and play lights out D. Also, we need to get to P.Manning. He is somewhat like Kaepernick, that when pressured and hit a couple of times, he panics and then thats when his TOs begin.
Agree on all accounts.

Njhawkboss

Reaction score
We have to give him exotic looks on defense so he doesn't exactly what we are gonna do

Polaris

Reaction score
Njhawkboss":3eg38xi0 said:
We have to give him exotic looks on defense so he doesn't exactly what we are gonna do

I disagree. Frankly I don't think there is an exotic defense that Peyton hasn't seen. IMHO we are better off doing what we normally do. Let Peyton "read" our defense. There's nothing particularly exotic about it. Dare him to try to beat it.

That IMHO is the best way to deal with Peyton's ability to read defenses. Trust your basic defensive package and dare him to beat it. Of course it helps when you have the #1 defense in the NFL and perhaps one of the best secondaries in history....

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
lvnginhwktwn":1sbv6ij7 said:

Has a point. Need to get up on them by two TDs or more and stay there.

Otherwise, this is a solid matchup for Seattle in a very good location - cold, windy, and possibly light snow. Did you see how the Lions' run D fell apart against LeSean McCoy in that kind of weather? And the Broncos' run D is nothing like the Lions' run D.

If this offense can get some work in and get one more TD to make it to thirty, the team will be in good shape to win in these conditions.

Penman96

Reaction score
I can imagine after the 2006 debacle that Paul Allen / Seahawks management will call on the NFL commissioner to ensure the game is officiated with minimal error. This needs to be an issue that is highlighted and monitored closely. The officials will be under tremendous pressure to call this game straight.

OP
OP
Seeker

Seeker

Reaction score
Shock2k":35rny0fd said:
Denver = #1 Pass Defense Offensive Line in the league

that's like Atlanta was a few years ago. if you are up by 50 at halftime teams are gonna pass to catch up and you will have your opportunities. Seattle played a sloppy game, spotted the hottest team in the NFL 10 points and still won. The broncos aren't built for a battle (except for Knighton)

gonzhawk

Reaction score
and maybe we get some "sympathy" for how our SB was officiated not that long ago?

Shouldn't that count for some fair calls and keeping the game on the level, regardless

of the "retiring superstar narrative?" ps. bettis is not a superstar to me...lol

ColtsGuy

Reaction score
I like the Seahawks chances, just keep manning off the field, thats how you beat him, if the O doesnt control the clock sooner or later he will start to put up points. For me, with neither of the teams not being my favorite, I give the hawks a slight edge, but the O is going to have to show up.

Papa-pwn

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":i8rnkjql said:
lvnginhwktwn":i8rnkjql said:

Has a point. Need to get up on them by two TDs or more and stay there.

Otherwise, this is a solid matchup for Seattle in a very good location - cold, windy, and possibly light snow. Did you see how the Lions' run D fell apart against LeSean McCoy in that kind of weather? And the Broncos' run D is nothing like the Lions' run D.

If this offense can get some work in and get one more TD to make it to thirty, the team will be in good shape to win in these conditions.

The Broncos run d is nothing like the Lions, only on the sense that they have different players running a different scheme.

Denver allowed 1.8 more rushing yards per game than the Lions(101.6 vs 99.8), and 0.3 less yards per carry(3.9 vs 4.2). Not counting the playoffs.

If you count the playoffs, Denver's run defense averaged 97.5 yards against at 3.84 YPC.

FanFromJapan

Reaction score
Pressure Manning? He gets the ball out to fast for that. The best I can hope for is the D-Line batting away balls I think. You wanna screw with his offense just let the DBs play like they always do and be physical at the line of scrimmage and disrupt their short passing games. I would love to see Manning go for long throws against us. He may hit a few now and then but eventually we will get the INT.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
The '06 team was mentally weak and unprepared for what was about to happen. This team is so dominant and resilient that the Bronco's will have to earn everything. This team can even weather horribly lopsided officiating. For a repeat of '06 to occur, it would have to be so blatant that congressional investigations would ensue.

These Seattle Seahawks are built to knock down the door once and for all, and avenge the ghosts of Seahawks past. Leave No Doubt.

Polaris

Reaction score
FanFromJapan":2mntx9xf said:
Pressure Manning? He gets the ball out to fast for that. The best I can hope for is the D-Line batting away balls I think. You wanna screw with his offense just let the DBs play like they always do and be physical at the line of scrimmage and disrupt their short passing games. I would love to see Manning go for long throws against us. He may hit a few now and then but eventually we will get the INT.

You can pressure Manning. Indy did it. Of course the best defense vs Manning is to keep in on the sideline, but if you've got a secondary that can keep Manning from seeing his reads right away, you can get him to hold onto the ball a second or two longer.

It isn't easy. Manning is Manning. It can very definately be done, though.

lsheldon

Reaction score
seadoc30":3iiy63ed said:

Only he doesn't have the ability and 25 year old legs to run for 130 like kap did.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Polaris":1u8j1zyg said:
BleedGreenNblue":1u8j1zyg said:
I thought the Broncos had some pretty good Run D. I may be confused

Denver (unlike the Patriots) have a decent run defense, but it doesn't hold a candle to the Niner's run defense, I promise you!
Actually, their Run Defense is #7 (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics), not all that good compared to the Whiners as you said. But what I really like is a whopping #27 for Pass Defense! WooHoo! And these guys are actually favored? :34853_doh:

chrispy

Reaction score
Cover zero in two weeks should be called "Omaha"

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think we win as well. San Diego played good defense and ran the ball against them. We can do that formula much better than the Chargers can. Harvin will add more than people realize as well. Time to surprise people again...