Seahawks supporter charged with assaulting rival fan at Cent

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Fanatics":2tdpq34g said:
jkitsune":2tdpq34g said:
I would be fully in favor of taking whatever steps necessary to get rid of this sort of crap at sporting events. It's inexcusable that we have to worry about whether stadiums are safe to go watch a game. There was a thread recently about whether it was safe for a couple of Seahawks fans to go to Candlestick, which myself and several other posters live near. How pathetic is it that the unanimous answer was NO, it is literally dangerous to go watch your favorite sports team there?

I think it's low-brow to relentlessly heckle, but at least that's not genuinely unsafe. Throwing beers, pushing people, threatening physical harm... it's pitiful. Only scum does that.
That is strange to hear, I live in the bay area and I go see the 49er/Seahawk game every year and I have never witnessed anything like this. I have had much "debate" with a few of the fans, probably every time, but I have always taken it as normal. I usually come up to the clink as well yearly and I see the same type of trash talking between fans but once again, nothing like this story. I know everyone's experience is different but Candlestick fans are not as enthusiastic as the clink, who is really, but they are not thugs.

Just wanted to state my experience's.
I've never witnessed violence at the clink either. Not even shoving or in your face cursing matches. Can't speak on the stick tho.

Yakima Hawkster

Reaction score
Rocket":2ng4o3mv said:
It's hypocritical to sell beer and to demand perfect demeanor when "tribal nature" is encouraged.

I think cold cocking someone just because they are wearing the wrong team's gear goes a little beneath "perfect demeanor" and it's not hypocritical to criticize it.

That said, it sounds like there needs to be a little more training on who not to serve alcohol to at a game.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is just idiotic.

One of the things any fan should be able to respect is someone who supports the team enough to travel to away games to watch them.

It shouldn't matter what team you are rooting for, that is a cool thing to do.

Plus, most people follow a team for a reason - why would you hold it against someone for rooting for the 49ers because their dad watched 49er games with them as a kid and it became a tradition, or rooting for the Seahawks because they grew up a Seahawk fan and started following them at a young age?

What kind of moron thinks it is a crime to follow a sports team when they do the same damn thing with their own team?

At some point it has nothing to do with sports and is more that someone is generally a piece of cr*p and they just need to attack someone following an opposing team to feel better about themselves. Nobody wants those kind of sports fans on their side. The best sports fans are the ones that offer to buy the guy or girl wearing the opposing colors a beer because they both love football and they want to leave a good impression of their city and their fans.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
It sucks but the best thing to do for safety would be not to sell alcohol at the venue. Which would never fly, there is too much money to be lost and people would throw a fit if they weren't allowed to purchase drinks. I think if thy straight up banned it, people would eventually get over it and keep attending games. Besides, there's always the pre-funk to get rowdy!

Maybe they could implement some kind of drink ticket that limits how many beers one person can personally go get. That still won't stop people from just giving away stubs though. I guess they could ask if you intend on using them or something, then that east into the time it takes to process people at the gates.

Somewhere there is a fine line to be found that pleases everyone, but until then NFL venues that serve booze are just like any other venue that sells booze.

Idiots will ruin it for everyone else trying to have a good time.

I think talking trash at games is all in good fun, and enjoy when the person I'm laying into gives it back. That's just part of the atmosphere. It's also a good way to find out what opposing teams fans are on the level and may be fun to be around for the duration of the game.

***ALSO***Little league or School sports events are NUTTY. I go to High School football games and baseball games because the "adults" there watching their kids play are insane. I've seen a dude try and throw punches at a little league coach because their kid was being a piss ant and got himself benched. Just unadulterated madness.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Fanatics":2zvo4l2z said:
jkitsune":2zvo4l2z said:
I would be fully in favor of taking whatever steps necessary to get rid of this sort of crap at sporting events. It's inexcusable that we have to worry about whether stadiums are safe to go watch a game. There was a thread recently about whether it was safe for a couple of Seahawks fans to go to Candlestick, which myself and several other posters live near. How pathetic is it that the unanimous answer was NO, it is literally dangerous to go watch your favorite sports team there?

I think it's low-brow to relentlessly heckle, but at least that's not genuinely unsafe. Throwing beers, pushing people, threatening physical harm... it's pitiful. Only scum does that.
That is strange to hear, I live in the bay area and I go see the 49er/Seahawk game every year and I have never witnessed anything like this. I have had much "debate" with a few of the fans, probably every time, but I have always taken it as normal. I usually come up to the clink as well yearly and I see the same type of trash talking between fans but once again, nothing like this story. I know everyone's experience is different but Candlestick fans are not as enthusiastic as the clink, who is really, but they are not thugs.

I'm glad to hear it. I actually had an OK experience in the seats themselves watching the game. Some friendly ribbing, nothing out of the ordinary. The crowd got hostile towards the end, and there was a fight a few rows above me, but I don't know the story there. It was the parking lot that was truly grotesque, and is also the location of the stabbings that have become annual at Candlestick.

Good to hear there are some positive stories there.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Fanatics":2inc3yn0 said:
jkitsune":2inc3yn0 said:

Candlestick is terrible. Not surprising considering the area it's located, Hunters Point.

http://sfist.com/2011/08/22/49ers-raiders_game_turns_violent_2.php
http://sfist.com/2012/10/15/man_stabbed_outside_candlestick_par.php
http://sfist.com/2012/08/14/niners_guns_return_to_candlestick_p.php
http://sfist.com/2011/09/20/candlestick_park_violence_continues.php
http://sfist.com/2011/09/13/fan_trying_to_pee_on_fans_arrested.php
http://sfist.com/2011/09/08/another_candlestick_park_assault_re.php

49ers%20Stadium%20Shootin_chun.jpg

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I hope the D-bag that did this gets the maximum punishment the law allows. Some folks just cant handle their liquor.

BGHawk

Reaction score
you can put 30000 drunks anywhere and there will be some sort of ruckus..why should this surprise us? let security take care of it, we do not need new tougher rules and more police

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have onky seen one instance of violence at the newer stadium, it was a Cowboys fan after the 2004 MNF debacle. I have literally been to every NFCW game at Clink without witness to anything outside of one Niner fan in a heated exchange years ago.

The Raiders in the dome made everyone crazy though. No different at LA in the 80s. After a peaceful San Diego visit, the LA Coliseum was like being in a California State Corrections facility. DANGER.

The Stick? The few times there, not a single issue for me, but I know that it was bad for some others.

sc85sis

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":2v52r2yr said:
It sucks but the best thing to do for safety would be not to sell alcohol at the venue. Which would never fly, there is too much money to be lost and people would throw a fit if they weren't allowed to purchase drinks. I think if thy straight up banned it, people would eventually get over it and keep attending games. Besides, there's always the pre-funk to get rowdy!

Maybe they could implement some kind of drink ticket that limits how many beers one person can personally go get. That still won't stop people from just giving away stubs though. I guess they could ask if you intend on using them or something, then that east into the time it takes to process people at the gates.

Somewhere there is a fine line to be found that pleases everyone, but until then NFL venues that serve booze are just like any other venue that sells booze.

Idiots will ruin it for everyone else trying to have a good time.

I think talking trash at games is all in good fun, and enjoy when the person I'm laying into gives it back. That's just part of the atmosphere. It's also a good way to find out what opposing teams fans are on the level and may be fun to be around for the duration of the game.

***ALSO***Little league or School sports events are NUTTY. I go to High School football games and baseball games because the "adults" there watching their kids play are insane. I've seen a dude try and throw punches at a little league coach because their kid was being a piss ant and got himself benched. Just unadulterated madness.
Sales of alcohol inside the Coli during USC games was banned several years ago. People grumble, but they still attend the games. Some people sneak stuff in of course. But I think it's helped prevent some of the worst behavior and it gives people a chance to sober up before driving home after the game.

Dick Johnson

Reaction score
It's too bad ALL sports arenas are filled with douches like that. I wish I could take my daughter to a game, but I don't want her around a bunch of dunk Aholes.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
There was a very prominent poster in here glorifying throwing beers on Raiders fans and getting in fights with them and no one said anything. Yet this guy does the same thing and he is the worst person ever?

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1etgwmzk said:
There was a very prominent poster in here glorifying throwing bears on Raiders fans...

He should get a medal, because that's impressive.

CLink security should step their game up, damn.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
If you read the comments, you'll notice one guy posted that he witnessed the incident. He reported that the Viking guy started it.

I don't know, I wasn't there.

Don't judge lest ye be judged....

HawkWow

Reaction score
Dick Johnson":wfrnevx2 said:
It's too bad ALL sports arenas are filled with douches like that. I wish I could take my daughter to a game, but I don't want her around a bunch of dunk Aholes.

Can you imagine the Headline?

DICK JOHNSON SLAMS AHOLES AND DOUCHES WITH DAUGHTER.

It's just not worth it, Dick.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":20bh7uy5 said:
Tech Worlds":20bh7uy5 said:
That's what he gets for leaving early

whats wrong with leaving early?

Ask the Seahawks fans that left the Clink before the GB game was over

Latest posts