Seahawks signing Luke Joeckel to 1 year deal per NFLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jville

Reaction score
It should be self evident that they have tentatively penciled in Joeckel as a starter.

G2Fphoto2F20152F01162Fnfl jaguars cr 1296x518Luke Joeckel's deal with Seahawks includes $7 million guaranteed >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/24758/luke-joeckels-deal-with-seahawks-includes-7-million-guaranteed[/urltargetblank]

Blitzer88

Reaction score
That's a lot of guarenteed money, but with how much lineman are getting right now it looks like the going rate. Definitely more then I thought he'd get.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Jville

Reaction score
Interesting tweet about our new left tackle >>>[tweet]https://twitter.com/guga31bb/status/841068695665430528[/tweet]

davidonmi

Reaction score
I don't understand how this is a good deal.

Our line is terrible. as a buy low guy fine. but we needed something proven. instead we got only this guy who was crap for Jacksonville and is coming off of a major knee injury.

Josea16

Reaction score
Blitzer88":20adl3cd said:
That's a lot of guarenteed money, but with how much lineman are getting right now it looks like the going rate. Definitely more then I thought he'd get.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Blitzer being straight sane? I like it. But it's not you sir. Welcome to why you should not be a negative Nellie trolling bastard. You are cool but know that other people hate trolling because you are allowed under the rules.

Josea16

Reaction score
davidonmi":war81f3w said:
I don't understand how this is a good deal.

Our line is terrible. as a buy low guy fine. but we needed something proven. instead we got only this guy who was crap for Jacksonville and is coming off of a major knee injury.
Check out the crazy bullshit money to the flat bullshit players. And try your pitch again. It's stupid and I defy you to convince me I should think any differently.

Josea16

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2nssm7wr said:
Seahawkfan80":2nssm7wr said:
Does he have a friend named Hoeckle?? We need a Hoeckle and Joeckle..... :twisted:
...or someone named Hyde...
We already have Joekel.....I figure we need a Quinn preferably Harley.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Good news is that he is injury prone (missed 25 of 64 games) , was ranked horribly as an OL for all 4 years he has played, and is overpaid in total, with 7mil guaranteed.

Sounds like he is a perfect choice to join the cable OL circus.

He should be in just enough games for us to see how truly bad he is before he has a season ending injury. Then he just becomes dead weight against the cap.

Hopefully the FO keeps enough in reserve for a couple leg braces and a wheelchair for Russ.

mikeak

Reaction score
I think the team believes the young guys on the o-line will be good in the long run so they got a one year guy. Also why we didn't get Lang who wanted multi-year deal...

Jville

Reaction score
Luke Joeckel had his ankle broken in his rookie year and 3 years later was the victim of a guy that rolled up on his leg while working on a mandated conversion to guard. I wouldn't label him as injury prone. Both the medical staff and position staff signed off on him to justify the contract guarantee.

2016 was a lost year for Luke because the Jaguars didn't pick up his fifth-year option on his rookie contract and signed Kelvin Beachum in free agency to play left tackle. I think Joeckel came to Seattle to compete for a tackle spot ...... presumably left tackle. And, because left tackle is where the critical NFL shortage is, he fits. His addition to the roster is early enough in the year for team strength & conditioning & dietitians to help him prepare for his come back year as a Seahawk.

Luke Joeckel may be viewed, by some, as a long shot with a lot to overcome. But, he adds to the program at positions in critical need. This is a real story here that will unfold as the competition begins this summer. Schneider and Carroll believe in their organization and are fearless. Traits that many here at .net could use a booster shot for.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
One thing I haven't seen any media members slamming this contract factoring in, is that if Joeckel comes back from injury to play well this season, then he is in line to received a larger contract from another team next season and net the Hawks a potential compensatory pick. The Seahawks could afford to sign a bunch of guys to one year contracts this offseason without worrying about comp picks because Luke Wilson and Hauska are their only free agents of note. If Joekel just plays competent this year, and nets the Hawks a 4th round compensatory pick in the future, I think that's worth 8 million.

mikeak

Reaction score
^agree especially since he won't cost a comp pick this year

But if he sucks we are out another $8million for a crappy player and the last couple of FA signings haven't really instilled confidence

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":844490ht said:

But if he sucks we are out another $8million for a crappy player and the last couple of FA signings haven't really instilled confidence

Well I'd say the probability is higher that he will suck this year for the Hawks than turn out decent, but with our salary cap situation and the offensive line talent available in free agency all we have is long-shots to improve the offensive line next year via bringing in outsiders. Unless you want the Hawks to trade up in the 1st round to get a guy like Bolles.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":1gngnvm4 said:
mikeak":1gngnvm4 said:

Well I'd say the probability is higher that he will suck this year for the Hawks than turn out decent, but with our salary cap situation and the offensive line talent available in free agency all we have is long-shots to improve the offensive line next year via bringing in outsiders. Unless you want the Hawks to trade up in the 1st round to get a guy like Bolles.

Wouldn't be mad if they did.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/841721868528713728[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CHawk_Talk/status/841722287216779266[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/841722288131121152[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/841722691941875712[/tweet]

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Jville":prkqahn6 said:
Luke Joeckel had his ankle broken in his rookie year and 3 years later was the victim of a guy that rolled up on his leg while working on a mandated conversion to guard. I wouldn't label him as injury prone. Both the medical staff and position staff signed off on him to justify the contract guarantee.

2016 was a lost year for Luke because the Jaguars didn't pick up his fifth-year option on his rookie contract and signed Kelvin Beachum in free agency to play left tackle. I think Joeckel came to Seattle to compete for a tackle spot ...... presumably left tackle. And, because left tackle is where the critical NFL shortage is, he fits. His addition to the roster is early enough in the year for team strength & conditioning & dietitians to help him prepare for his come back year as a Seahawk.

Luke Joeckel may be viewed, by some, as a long shot with a lot to overcome. But, he adds to the program at positions in critical need. This is a real story here that will unfold as the competition begins this summer. Schneider and Carroll believe in their organization and are fearless. Traits that many here at .net could use a booster shot for.

He would have been the second best lineman last year. The same goes for this year. I'm just curious what their plan is for rt. I don't think they believe Gilliam is tough enough.

Seymour

Reaction score
Listening to Pete in his interview today....I'm beginning to think Pete is delusional with the Oline. He went on about how lucky we are to get Joeckel, how he hopes to be part of his long term plans, and how great of a talent he was COMING OUT OF COLLEGE. Ohh, and he sees him playing L tackle and optional to use at L guard.

Good god, who cares what happened 4 years ago, look at his recent past. Many are calling this guy the worst olineman in the NFL, and a 7th rounder REJECT took his job.

Jville

Reaction score
Luke Joeckel picked the right place and time to reboot his career. :2thumbs: Enjoy the Show!

iigakusei

Reaction score
Seymour":mew2neg5 said:
Listening to Pete in his interview today....I'm beginning to think Pete is delusional with the Oline. He went on about how lucky we are to get Joeckel, how he hopes to be part of his long term plans, and how great of a talent he was COMING OUT OF COLLEGE.

Good god, who cares what happened 4 years ago, look at his recent past. Many are calling this guy the worst olineman in the NFL, and a 7th rounder REJECT took his job.
That is how Pete always is. What do you want him to say "Well he kinda sucks but there weren't many options out there"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts