Seahawks sign Tremayne Anchrum Jr

Scout

Reaction score
It is possible that the FO is high on Bradford and Oluwatimi so from their point of view left guard is the only real hole. And as a result this prompted the signing of Ancrhum Jr. The rest of the holes on the roster that are left require adding depth and competition on the interior in case Oluwatimi and/or Bradford falter.

toffee

Reaction score
Strange signing, this dude is 3 years younger than Phil Haynes, 2" shorter, 10 lbs lighter, less experienced, and rated lower on PFF if that means anything. Not at all sure how this guy will help our OL to perform better than last season.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Phil Haynes has missed significant time every year he’s been here. To me he’s JAG but one who can’t stay healthy enough to be a reliable starter.

Maybe he’ll get added back for depth but he’d need to be cheap.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Did John pick up McClendon Curtis's ERFA option?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
In my house when you wait until later to get a brownie they are usually gone. Seems like a basic lesson JS never seems to learn. Pretty much only "who the hell is that" signings this Free Agency.

Of course the Company Men fans here will go "whatever JS think is great he can do no wrong" or "there is a plan" You can like the company without thinking management is doing a good job.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Interior o-line is the thinnest it's been in awhile. Not many bodies. Wonder if we'll see a trade or another signing there before the draft. This feels more like a depth signing.

Smellyman

Reaction score
At this rate, you can't count on Lucas being available. That's why the Fant signing was such a shrewd move. Their plan at Guard? Not so much. There's no guarantee that someone like Fautanu will still be around for them to pick. Then you're basically having to reach for someone, instead of going with a BPA approach.
or they know Lucas' knee operation went well and they expect him back healthy

flv2

Reaction score
As a Rams fan i'm not happy about this. Anchrum was a quality player not so long ago. Following the Whitworth's retirement Anchrum battled Noteboom for the LT spot in camp. Noteboom was injured so Jackson got Noteboom's opportunity and he won the job. Anchrum played RG. 2022 was a disaster for Rams OL injuries. 7 of the top 8 got hurt, including Anchrum. He didn't look good in 2023 preseason. He was involved in a 3-way battle for RG but then the Rams brought in Dotson who was excellent.

I don't know if Anchrum has ever fully recovered or whether he has an issue. Potentially he's a good starter. He could also be a complete washout. He was pretty much #7 OL on the bench all of last season behind Noteboom who was been retained as #6 OL for 2024 at $6.6M.

joeosprey

Reaction score
As a Rams fan i'm not happy about this. Anchrum was a quality player not so long ago. Following the Whitworth's retirement Anchrum battled Noteboom for the LT spot in camp. Noteboom was injured so Jackson got Noteboom's opportunity and he won the job. Anchrum played RG. 2022 was a disaster for Rams OL injuries. 7 of the top 8 got hurt, including Anchrum. He didn't look good in 2023 preseason. He was involved in a 3-way battle for RG but then the Rams brought in Dotson who was excellent.

I don't know if Anchrum has ever fully recovered or whether he has an issue. Potentially he's a good starter. He could also be a complete washout. He was pretty much #7 OL on the bench all of last season behind Noteboom who was been retained as #6 OL for 2024 at $6.6M.
not a fan of the sheep shaggers so I am happy with this signing

keasley45

Reaction score
I get the disappointment over some of these signings, but I think it will be shown to have been misplaced.

From what I see, Mike and John are looking to build this team through the draft. Mike knows the incoming class probably better than anyone. And I'm sure he and John are looking to add young talent that they can grow within the system from day 1. Our OC and line coach are from the college ranks as well. They also know how the players coming out compare against some of the free agent linemen we COULD sign and how much value the rooks will bring above and beyond the ability, (and penalty) we'd absorb in signing a high priced free agent to start.

Now that they've got the depth / fringe starter holes set (and FAgency isn't over yet) they can really nail down their draft board and focus on BPA at their key positions of need.

I like what they're doing quite a bit.

kidhawk

Reaction score
It's dot net. They could sign Mahomes and people would find a reason to complain :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I’m generally a let’s see what this guy does now he’s here guy but that doesn’t mean you can’t look at them calling him an “anchor” on the line and take it with a large grain of salt

xray

Reaction score
Somebody enlighten me . When was the last time the Hawks had a dominate Oline ? I'm old and my memory is deficient . ;)

had2bhawk

Reaction score
True, but what should they say? This guy is average and he's a backup at best? Teams build up players, it's nothing new.
Team, key word.
I'm going to take the high road here and say this purchase was good.
How will he interact with his team mates on the line? We all have to wait and see. He may be pretty good!

CouchLogic

Reaction score
People be thinking Seattle is making a SB run or some shit. Sorry folks, this team got blown up and it'll be a few years before they make some real noise.