Seahawks sign Tremayne Anchrum Jr

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sounds like this is a depth signing rather than someone who they are looking to start - https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tremayne-anchrum/3200414e-4323-7308-5fd8-f38ac1e8e110. If that is the case, it's not a bad choice. He's 25 and maybe under Huff he will develop.

If you're expecting they're going to sign someone like Steve Hutchinson....then you will be disappointed. They don't have that type of money available. Besides LG is the only real need. They have Bradford for RG starter. Set at C with Olu and Nick Harris (who can possibly be penciled in at LG). Plus there's the draft as well. Some good OG talent in the middle rounds may be available - Puni, Henderson, Glaze, Zinter, and Mason McCormick.

Last edited:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
They're going as cheap as possible on the line again. Not a fan.

I was hoping they would sign someone like Zeitler for a year or two. This is very underwhelming.
If Zietler isn’t signed at this point it’s probably because he’s asking for too much. Similar with Risner. Hedging your roster is the smarter move.

With how good this Oline draft class is there is bound to be a lot more Oline guys either released post draft or post PS. And if the current FA go unsigned until then they are going to lose more and more leverage.

Edit: NM on the Zietler comment.

CactusJack

Reaction score
If Zietler isn’t signed at this point it’s probably because he’s asking for too much. Similar with Risner. Hedging your roster is the smarter move.

With how good this Oline draft class is there is bound to be a lot more Oline guys either released post draft or post PS. And if the current FA go unsigned until then they are going to lose more and more leverage.

Edit: NM on the Zietler comment.
Well, our options aren't great at the moment. Another one gone.

You could draft Fautanu, but the right side would still be like Swiss cheese.

Geno will be running for his life.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Zeitler always wanted to stay on the East Coast we tried to sign him a few years ago

Last edited:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Too bad Donald didn’t retire pre-FA, that might have helped bring in a guy.

With Armstead in Jacksonville and Donald retired does that make Williams the de facto best DT in the NFL West, although Turner is on the rise up and Hargrave is still quality.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I don't get the plan for guard. This guy is a career back up, there's not much free agents left and the draft won't fill all those needs.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
The plan is to go young & cheap. John does not value the Guard position at all.
I get that part but is the draft that stacked at guard especially in rounds 4-7? I've heard it's a great year for tackles, QB, WR but not necessarily guard. Even if we do draft one, it's putting a lot of pressure on one.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Somehow I believe the team will move Lucas inside to G for this season and draft a couple of OGs.

At this point it's way early to be handwringing over the players added to the OLine.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Somehow I believe the team will move Lucas inside to G for this season and draft a couple of OGs.

At this point it's way early to be handwringing over the players added to the OLine.
At this rate, you can't count on Lucas being available. That's why the Fant signing was such a shrewd move. Their plan at Guard? Not so much. There's no guarantee that someone like Fautanu will still be around for them to pick. Then you're basically having to reach for someone, instead of going with a BPA approach.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
At this rate, you can't count on Lucas being available. That's why the Fant signing was such a shrewd move. Their plan at Guard? Not so much.
I

I've saw that mentioned along with possibly moving Oluwatimi to guard. Who knows. Would still have like a little experience there though.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
The plan is to go young & cheap. John does not value the Guard position at all.
Exactly. Rounds 4-6 are where we draft our guards. Some pan out and make a fortune on their second contract (Lewis), and some, well, most, just disappoint. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of our mid to late round picks is a Tackle-to-Guard-in-the-NFL conversion project as the Guards in the new system are going to have to be mobile. Sad fact is that most College tackles stick on NFL rosters because they can also play guard, because most lack the ideal combination of height/weight/athleticism that the league is looking for as a tackle. NFLDraftBuzz.com currently has 34 OL that rate at 80.0+ on their 0-100 scale, and I can imagine a dozen of those players lasting into round four or later.

bileever

Reaction score
Adding an anchor? An anchor? Or did they mean "dead weight"?

This is the dictionary definiton of the word "anchor" in this context: "a reliable or principal support : mainstay. a quarterback who has been the anchor of the team's offense."

Latest posts