Seahawks sign center Evan Brown

getnasty

Reaction score
Seems like a great grab. Someone to compete at center and if nothing else offer great depth and versatility along the line.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Much better deal than I thought It'd be.

Wow what a great signing for the Hawks! A very solid C/G with versatility for a max 2.75M deal, and in a major area of need? Sign me up. And still leaves options wide open for one of the top rookie centers to come in and compete. Love this.

I'm so impressed at the job JS and PC are doing thus far this offseason. With the FA additions combined with our draft capital, we have an opportunity to make some real noise next season. If they can hit on this draft the way they did last year, the league better take notice.

Kinger95

Reaction score
it’s a 1 year deal and if it doesn’t pan out for the hawks there’s nothing lost but I can’t believe they payed him that little. I guess he really wants to play here 1 year then hopefully cash in. There was stuff online imo read about how lions fans wanted him back at 8 million per year

TraderGary

Reaction score
it’s a 1 year deal and if it doesn’t pan out for the hawks there’s nothing lost but I can’t believe they payed him that little. I guess he really wants to play here 1 year then hopefully cash in. There was stuff online imo read about how lions fans wanted him back at 8 million per year
Yep, I can't imagine the Lions fans are too happy after seeing what he signed for.

nanomoz

Reaction score
That seems like a great deal for a vet that fits. Love it. They really seem to be positioning themselves to follow the draft board and not reach for need.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I know I will get shit for this but doesn't it seem the team is back to its identity ever since they got rid of RW.

How many years were their decisions based on trying the fit to him?

Seems like 2010 - 2012 all over again.
Totally agree!

tail’s not waggin the dog anymore

i love this FA season

Hawknight

Reaction score
Everyone must send Geno a thank you card for taking less money than anticipated...someone we previously knew wouldn't have done such a thing with their contract...although much appreciation for what he accomplished.

renofox

Reaction score
PCJS obviously had a plan to go much heavier than normal into FA this year, and the contract that Geno signed was probably the best offer available - not only from the Seahawks, but from the NFL as a whole.

I don't think Geno did anyone a favor, and I don't think that PCJS did geno a favor. I think it was a fair contract for both sides.

Geno can make an extra 30M if his play warrants it. I wonder why more NFL contracts aren't this creative in rewarding players with the pay they deserve?

Lagartixa

Reaction score
PCJS obviously had a plan to go much heavier than normal into FA this year, and the contract that Geno signed was probably the best offer available - not only from the Seahawks, but from the NFL as a whole.

Except that no team other than the Seahawks was allowed to talk to Smith or his agent until this Monday, and he agreed to his contract a week before that.
I don't think Geno did anyone a favor, and I don't think that PCJS did geno a favor. I think it was a fair contract for both sides.

Geno can make an extra 30M if his play warrants it. I wonder why more NFL contracts aren't this creative in rewarding players with the pay they deserve?

Because players that want to test the market frequently find that there are teams willing to give them contracts that aren't that "creative," so the teams offering the "creative" contracts would simply not be able to sign certain players.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I know I will get shit for this but doesn't it seem the team is back to its identity ever since they got rid of RW.

How many years were their decisions based on trying the fit to him?

Seems like 2010 - 2012 all over again.
No , you're right. I was thinking of the Legion and how freaking lucky we were to see that. They appear to be in a different mode .Re-energized

Jville

Reaction score
Versatility ...........

This offensive line signing is yet another example of the emphasis placed on carrying players who can play more than one position.

Scout

Reaction score
Shoring up the trenches has been an obvious sign. I like this trend and I hope this continues on draft day.